Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Memorial Day!

Go down 
+22
Davetucson
littlehousefan200
Vanesa
Krissy
Julia
alexczarn
LIWnut
flatbroke
Gin
bethandmanly
Carol
pamh36
Amy
Rob
brenda_m
Savannah
Lily
Melissa
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
LHDaisy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Happy Memorial Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 12:17 am

Happy Memorial Day!!

The video linked below was made by a 15 year old girl. Please take a few minutes to view and remember. This is a very touching slideshow. It moved me to tears.Blue
:crySC: <----Click Me
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:27 am

That slideshow is very touching!

Happy Memorial Day!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Happy Memorial day everyone. May God bless the ones we have lost and all the families. I know it is extremely hard for my brother and his wife and for my uncle's family as well this year. Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Happy Memorial Day! My prayers for those who've been lost.

Happy Memorial Day! ChristinaKeeper2 Happy Memorial Day! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_106 Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_1 Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_107

May We Always Remember!!!!! Thumbsup

Chris posted this over at PT and I watched it then, and I still get tears watching it now. Her son, Michael is supposed to be coming home today from the war. I pray he arrived safe in his mama's arms! Chris, please post and let us know how the reunion went!
:woohooo:

Happy Memorial Day! Rhonda10Happy Memorial Day! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_106 Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_1 Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_107

May We Always Remember!!!!! Thumbsup

Chris posted this over at PT and I watched it then, and I still get tears watching it now. Her son, Michael is supposed to be coming home today from the war. I pray he arrived safe in his mama's arms! Chris, please post and let us know how the reunion went!
:woohooo:

I'm sorry for not giving Chris credit for the video.Wave I hope Chris and the family are enjoying there day. I'm so excited for her.happy1 :woohooo: happy1
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:49 pm

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! Hope all of yours was good.

Happy Memorial Day! MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Happy Memorial Day! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:37 pm

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day. May we always remember our freedom is not free. SmileyCentral.com

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Happy Memorial Day! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. And, Chris.......I hope that this was an especially memorable day for you, and that your dear son is home safely now. Tell him "thank you" for me, will you?
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 8:12 pm

Hope Everyone had a Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! KEEPERBRENDAHappy Memorial Day! 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Memorial Day   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:10 pm

I didn't want the day to end without taking a moment to remember:

Happy Memorial Day! Iwo%20Jima

Happy Memorial Day! ArlingtonNationalCemetary

Happy Memorial Day! Deer-in-arlington-barry-scott-november-2005-photo-01

Happy Memorial Day! Unknowns

Happy Memorial Day! Soldiers

Thank you to all of our veterans.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Beautiful, Savannah. Thank you for posting that. And thank you to all the men and women who gave "the last full measure of devotion."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Happy Memorial Day! 8_13_106

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Love-s10

PostSubject: Memorial Day Plans....   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:37 am

Looking forward to my three day weekend ahead! Thumbsup Just wanting to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day weekend! :Memorial:

So what is everyone up to this weekend? Going away? Getting things done around the house?

I am doing a little of both. We're heading to Greenfield Village with our friends for the day tomorrow (adults only! wootwoot....the boys are kind of 'over' GV, since they've been there a few times)....I've never been there for Memorial Day and I hear it is really cool.

http://www.hfmgv.org/village/index.aspx

Then Sunday and Monday will be spent working around the house and picnicing (is that a word, fife?!) with my parents. Thumbsup

Last edited by Amy on Fri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:22 am

Just staying around the house, probably doing some grilling and I'm hoping to plant some flowers and tomato plants. Monday, Devin is in our city's Memorial Day parade for marching band, so we'll be going to the parade. But, that's about it.

Happy Memorial Day! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:31 am

Amy wrote:
picnicing (is that a word, fife?!)

Well, I think either that or "picnicking" is acceptable. And because it's almost a holiday, I'm going to overlook two other transgressions. Happy Memorial Day! 68167 Happy Memorial Day! 771460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:58 am

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
picnicing (is that a word, fife?!)

And because it's almost a holiday, I'm going to overlook two other transgressions. Happy Memorial Day! 68167 Happy Memorial Day! 771460

Ok, I found one. greenS But I can't find the other....glad you're in the holiday spirit, fife! Wink

Pam, I am hoping to get some planting done too this weekend. I always hate going to BUY the flowers on Memorial Day weekend though, you know? Yikes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:03 am

Pssst....Amy....*coughsADULTScoughs* Happy Memorial Day! 771460
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:45 am

Hey Amy, I couldn't open your link Blue

Tomorrow we are going to San Simeon, to tour the Hearst Castle Thumbsup

http://www.hearstcastle.org/
Happy Memorial Day! HearstCastle-712894

Then on Sunday, will have a BBQ, and maybe go to the Drive-In

Monday, relax from the weekend Smile

Happy Memorial Day! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:52 am

Carol!! I'd love to go with you to tour the castle! Got room for one more? Happy Memorial Day! 771460

I used to love watching America's Castles years ago. Happy Memorial Day! 6472 It featured the Hearst Castle on one of the episodes....what a structure!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Not sure what plans I have.......My boys are in Arkansas and I am in Missouri......I made a floral saddle to go on my Aunt's headstone, so I am headed down there sometime this weekend. The last time I went to visit her grave, Terry was with me and I am so glad he was.....It was her birthday and I bawled and bawled.....always good to have big shoulders to cry on and big arms to be wrapped up in........ Love

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm

I think you know what my plans are. grinsmiley After the wedding I'll be carting presents off to my house until the kiddies return from their honeymoon. Then I need to visit the bank for them on Tuesday to deposit checks. I might grill on Sunday if I feel like it. Not sure yet.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg

Last edited by bethandmanly on Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Savannah wrote:
Pssst....Amy....*coughsADULTScoughs* Happy Memorial Day! 771460

Thank you. HeeHee

Carol wrote:
Hey Amy, I couldn't open your link Blue

Tomorrow we are going to San Simeon, to tour the Hearst Castle Thumbsup

http://www.hearstcastle.org/
Happy Memorial Day! HearstCastle-712894

thud (btw, the link is opening fine for me.....strange! scratchead )

Savannah wrote:
Carol!! I'd love to go with you to tour the castle! Got room for one more? Happy Memorial Day! 771460

For real!! That looks absolutely incredible! Applause Please share pics with us!

Rhonda wrote:
Not sure what plans I have.......My boys are in Arkansas and I am in Missouri......I made a floral saddle to go on my Aunt's headstone, so I am headed down there sometime this weekend. The last time I went to visit her grave, Terry was with me and I am so glad he was.....It was her birthday and I bawled and bawled.....always good to have big shoulders to cry on and big arms to be wrapped up in........ Love

Aw, Rhonda....that sounds nice. It must be strange without the boys this year though.

bethandmanly wrote:
They I need to visit the bank for them on Tuesday to deposit checks.

Ah, a mom's work never ends, does it?! Laughing I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow Cheryl! Try not to mess up your make-up too badly! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:59 pm

HEY FIFE! DON'T tell Amy of her TRANSGRESSIONS!!! That's not fair!

I am going tomorrow to dig through some antiques and do lunch with my hubby. Sunday, church then I might go pick up some flowers to plant too. Just hope they stay alive in all this heat. We are at 92 today!!
Hanging my flag today in honor of my Papa Yaerger. He served in WWII. Monday....probably grillin' and drawing.

Happy Memorial Day! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Happy Memorial Day! Party010

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Just staying around the house, probably doing some grilling and I'm hoping to plant some flowers and tomato plants.

Same here. Ange wants me to take the truck and pull up some bushes so she can plant some flowers, and I want tomatoes. Then, a couple sirloins off the grill (3 minutes on each side; medium rare), some twice-baked taters, and assorted other accoutrements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Memorial Day!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next