Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be My Friend

Go down 
+10
easyt72000
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Vanesa
Gin
Harrietfan
alexczarn
jes9
Krissy
Honeybee
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Bokmal10

Laura - Be My Friend Empty
PostSubject: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 pm

When Laura finds a bottle with a note inside that reads, "Be my friend," she convinces Charles to help her look for the person, but they find a baby. They then look for the child's parents.

I didn't see this on the forum. This is a really episode. Another favorite of mine.

I laughed so hard. When Charles left out few details of the baby. Mrs. Olsen thought it was Laura's baby. Then, she sees Willie & Laura outside. She's thinking it's Laura & Willie's baby. Shouting Nels name & goes to the second floor to tell Nels.

ROTFL laugh3

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

yeah,liked how laura helped this girl.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Quote :
She's thinking it's Laura & Willie's baby.

Willie was how old in this one, 11? I don't think it was biologically possible! OhMy

Laura - Be My Friend JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Buttercup wrote:

I laughed so hard. When Charles left out few details of the baby. Mrs. Olsen thought it was Laura's baby. Then, she sees Willie & Laura outside. She's thinking it's Laura & Willie's baby. Shouting Nels name & goes to the second floor to tell Nels.

ROTFL laugh3

That part: laugh3

jes9 wrote:
Quote :

Willie was how old in this one, 11? I don't think it was biologically possible! OhMy

And considering how Laura's physical development was a bit slower...Sure is funny how Mrs Oleson jumps to conclusion!

Laura - Be My Friend Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 am

alexczarn wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

ROTFL laugh3

jes9 wrote:
Quote :

And considering how Laura's physical development was a bit slower...Sure is funny how Mrs Oleson jumps to conclusion!
Yeah so funny! This episode a young teenager who is growing up and has a practice at motherhood. Very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:36 am

This is an episode they don't show much on tv. I've always liked it and Melissa G. told how she had a broken arm at the time this was taped. She was in a good size cast and they put a shaw over her arm so they could do shots of you holding the baby. Thats the interesting stuff I like the know about episodes. This is a great one!

Laura - Be My Friend Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

I've always loved this one, and I wish I could see it more often. I always laugh a great deal when Mrs. Oleson thinks Laura and Willie had had a baby together...

Vanesa.

Laura - Be My Friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:59 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

ROTFL laugh3

jes9 wrote:
Quote :

That is soooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFL ROTFL

Leaves Laura - Be My Friend RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

The father sure had tons of hate.Poor girl.Glad an happpy ending.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:04 pm

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

Nels and Harriet...

Laura - Be My Friend Alexke11
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:59 pm

alexczarn wrote:
It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

Nels and Harriet...

laugh3
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Party010

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I don't think I've EVER seen this! Thought I had seen them all.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Buttercup wrote:
When Laura finds a bottle with a note inside that reads, "Be my friend," she convinces Charles to help her look for the person, but they find a baby. They then look for the child's parents.

I didn't see this on the forum. This is a really episode. Another favorite of mine.

ROTFL laugh3
The look on Mrs.Oleson's face when Charles told her it was Laura's "baby" was priceless. laugh3
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Laura - Be My Friend Party010

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Where did laura find the bottle?
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
Where did laura find the bottle?
She found the bottle in a creek she was fishing in.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:05 am

When I was a little girl, after watching so many movies and TV shows in which people would do it, I loved to throw bottles with messages into the sea or the rivers, just to see if someone would answer ...Of course no one did! laugh3

Vanesa.

Laura - Be My Friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:20 am

I liked this one too, but I always keep missing it in the Hallmark rotation. (don't own all the DVDs)

Oh, I just realized this was 90 minutes...they don't have that length in the rotation, just on special occasions it seems.
I watched parts on you tube...does it mention where Carrie and Mary are and I missed it? I see them in the beginning but later, Laura is in Carrie's bed watching "Grace"and when "Pa" is mad at Laura and she goes upstairs to the loft, she is alone in her room and it's late at night...strange. Mr. Landon had a good idea, love the mystery and notes in bottles, but he could have made this one better, I was distracted by the omissions too.

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:43 am

It's been a while since I've seen this one, and I don't remember the absence of Mary and Carrie. Yes, Hallmark always skips the 90-minute episodes during the weekday lineup, although since they now have a four-hour block, they could easily show two 90-minute episodes (albeit out of order) and a regular 60-minute episode. The 90-minute episodes (The Hunters, Be My Friend, The Godsister, and Dance With Me) air occasionally on Hallmark on the weekends. Also, there are two two-part episodes -- There's No Place Like Home and Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow -- that air occasionally on weekends, as it doesn't make sense to show just the one-hour part during the week. INSP has been showing the 90-minute episodes in order with the rest of the series. They just adjust their schedule as needed.

Laura - Be My Friend JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 am

Well, I'm glad they have it on, many years ago in my area TBS did, but it was only once a day at noon and then it stopped after a year or so.

I could see if the actors had a day off, but it as a big thing to have a baby in the house and you never see Mary with it (in the hour I watched on you tube) and it seemed like a full episode. Mary made a joke about Laura finding out it was Nellie in the very beginning of her search and that was it. Seemed odd to see the house with just Laura in it, especially since they showed Carrie's room and upstair..not many places to hide in that house.

Thanks for naming the 90 min episodes..I still have netflix and might watch them on there. I think about getting the DVD's but hear so much about deleted scenes, for now I'll just watch on Hallmark.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Charles threatening to whip Laura   Laura - Be My Friend EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Charles threatened to give Laura a whipping for arriving home late and making him worrying/upset. Was he really gonna whip her or was he just making a point?
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 6:26 am

Charles did seem like a pushover but in the books, he did hit her, that was common then at schools and home, but not something I think was a good thing. I don't think Charles beat his children as they showed on LHOP on some shows with other parents/teachers, but made a point. Sometimes a couple of times is enough and then threatening is enough to have them know you would if they pushed you. (it never did help with Nellie) ; )
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 am

Nope. I don't think he ever hit the kids. Just yelled at them

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 am

littlehouselover wrote:
Charles did seem like a pushover but in the books, he did hit her, that was common then at schools and home, but not something I think was a good thing. I don't think Charles beat his children as they showed on LHOP on some shows with other parents/teachers, but made a point. Sometimes a couple of times is enough and then threatening is enough to have them know you would if they pushed you. (it never did help with Nellie) ; )

You are correct about Charles disciplining Laura, as most all parents did at the time.  On the TV show, you might recall that even Nels had to discipline Nellie and Willie with his big strap.....while Harriet begged him not to......There's even the episode of The Cheaters when John Garvey took Andy out to the shed for a whippin' because of him cheating.....and let's not forget Harriet chasing Nellie while swinging Nellie's jacket that had all the answers in it...... (By the way, a little trivia.....Alison said that when Katherine was hitting her with the jacket, she got hit by a couple of the buttons on it....she said it stung and hurt, but she kept right on with the scene....  HeeHee )

This is in reference to one of Laura's books......

"Big Woods of Wisconsin….to the golden hair/brown hair incident, where a sensitive Laura slaps Mary for saying, “Aunt Lottie likes my hair best. Golden hair is lots prettier than brown.” The spanking she received for slapping her older sister, coupled with Mary getting off scot-free meant that Laura carried a feeling of injustice about this childhood event most of her life. "

Laura - Be My Friend Rhonda10Laura - Be My Friend Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

I don't think hitting Nellie helped, probably taking away her stuff or candy would have worked better.

I remember an awful scene where Albert was with a kid too long, he had to go home and was late...his dad whipped him by a tree and it went on forever, Albert was covering his ears and running...I lost count but I thought that was a bad scene. You could have really hurt someone doing that.
In another scene, the sub teacher in Walnut Grove wanted to hit Albert and Charles let him but 3 times was the limit..he had him stop.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I don't think hitting Nellie helped, probably taking away her stuff or candy would have worked better.

I remember an awful scene where Albert was with a kid too long, he had to go home and was late...his dad whipped him by a tree and it went on forever, Albert was covering his ears and running...I lost count but I thought that was a bad scene. You could have really hurt someone doing that.

The only thing that helped Nellie was Percival..... HeeHee
Yes, Albert talked him into going fishing with him when the kid knew he needed to get home.  And yes, that was a bit too much.....and sad that it brought back so many awful memories for Albert when he was in the orphanage....

Blue

littlehouselover wrote:
In another scene, the sub teacher in Walnut Grove wanted to hit Albert and Charles let him but 3 times was the limit..he had him stop.

I think you are thinking about when Caroline was remembering when Charles was younger and the mean teacher he had that was always picking on him.  Young Charles was played by Matthew Laborteaux who would come back later to play Albert.  Charles' Pa told the teacher that was enough.
Yikes

Laura - Be My Friend Rhonda10Laura - Be My Friend Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be My Friend   Laura - Be My Friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Be My Friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next