Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"REMEMBER ME"

Go down 
+15
ChristineLovesLHOTP
littlehousefan200
Ruth
easyt72000
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
Vanesa
alexczarn
Kristina
HarrisonCrosby4387
GrandDuchessOlga
Rhonda
jes9
Carol
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Bokmal10

"REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 am

This is a good episode. Patricia Neal did a excellent job in Part 1. I love that poem. Such a beautiful poem.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Is this the episode where the man tries to drown the puppies in the very beginning? What was the point of this scene?
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes, this is the episode. I believe the puppies (three of them, I think) represent the three children (John Jr., Carl, and Alicia), as is indicated by a later scene when Laura is going to give one of the puppies to Nellie just to sort of spite her Pa since she is angry that he is "giving" Alicia to someone which will separate her from her brothers. Also, I think in the very beginning, the mother dog is looking sort of longingly after her pups when the farmer takes them away from her. I actually really like the tie-in of the puppies, plus they are so cute to look at that even if it did not tie in, I still would probably like them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:54 pm

amyk wrote:
Yes, this is the episode. I believe the puppies (three of them, I think) represent the three children (John Jr., Carl, and Alicia), as is indicated by a later scene when Laura is going to give one of the puppies to Nellie just to sort of spite her Pa since she is angry that he is "giving" Alicia to someone which will separate her from her brothers. Also, I think in the very beginning, the mother dog is looking sort of longingly after her pups when the farmer takes them away from her. I actually really like the tie-in of the puppies, plus they are so cute to look at that even if it did not tie in, I still would probably like them. Smile

I share yout opinion, Amyk. The puppies are added to the storyline just to make an analogy with Sanderson children. And...oh, yes...I just love thoe puppies! loveheart Love

Vanesa.

"REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Yes they are just adorable!!!!

Emotional episode. bawling

Leaves "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Buttercup wrote:
This is a good episode. Patricia Neal did a excellent job in Part 1. I love that poem. Such a beautiful poem.

I agree.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:04 pm

This is another of my favorite episodes...I love season one and two! The puppies were SO cute! loveheart And the poem at the end of part one was really sad, knowing it was read at Michael Landon's funeral some twenty years later. I liked seeing Mr. Edwards get married to Grace and adopt the Sanderson kids. Really good episode! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Wished they stayed togther.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Wished they stayed togther.

Yeah, me too. But the first time I saw this episode I hadn't
seen the season 8 (I think it was season eight) episode
so it sort of disappointed me after watching Remember Me.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm

That it is.They were good together.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:31 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
That it is.They were good together.

:agree: Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I know that in real life tjinks are not idyllic, but I think the writers must have Isaiah and Grace together with the children and moving them again to Walnut Grove. I was always very dissapointed when John Jr. was murdered... No

Vanesa.

"REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Vanesa wrote:
I know that in real life tjinks are not idyllic, but I think the writers must have Isaiah and Grace together with the children and moving them again to Walnut Grove. I was always very dissapointed when John Jr. was murdered... No

Vanesa.

Yes, me too. Even though I didn't really care for his character in Times of Change, I never really liked the episode Chicago & thought it was sad. Blue
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:00 am

Debating, if I want see this episode again or skip it. Just move on to other episode. I'm skipping some of LHOTP episodes. Just watch my favorites or re-watch them cause, I might forget what their all about.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Loved the video, Alex. Mary looks great in braids, her smile looks lovely when she is wearing this kind of hairdo . Thumbsup

I love the puppie "Mine". Alicia and her puppie are both the cuttest little thing in this world. Cloud 9

Vanesa.

She did look cuite.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Good episode and great acting .......Patricia O'Neil was superb

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 pm

I cry everytime everytime I watch it when Rev.Alden is reading the poem. It was read at Michael Landon's funeral. I think Melissa Gilbert read it. I don't remember,though.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Alicia was a little cutie. The way she looked at Mr.Edwards in church broke my heart. I love how he finally told Grace he loved her and loved the Sanderson children and wanted to marry Grace and adopt the kids.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Spanky wrote:
Alicia was a little cutie. The way she looked at Mr.Edwards in church broke my heart. I love how he finally told Grace he loved her and loved the Sanderson children and wanted to marry Grace and adopt the kids.

Yes,she was.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 am

I loved this episode, although sad, because of the great acting by all. The end with Alicia and Mr. Edwards, my 87 year old mother still remembers and she doesn't still watch the show.
I know there were "inside" reasons for breaking up the family, but after all they went through, I felt Grace leaving and him drinking like that, didn't fit. He fought back so many times from depression and other things. I felt it was sad to see him be separated, Grace leaving so soon with someone else (at least it seemed soon) and then never finding anyone to be with.

After watching this episode, I never would have expected that.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Patricia Neal   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Patricia Neal Talking About Michael

“I received a script for an episode of ‘Little House On The Prairie’ from Michael Landon, the show’s producer and star. I loved it and wanted to do it very much. Unfortunately, the shooting schedule would cut across our summer plans for Norway and I just could not afford to leave the family now. I asked Irving Lazar, then my agent, to try to negotiate something, but he was sure I had lost it. I would not be discouraged. I called Michael Landon directly and pleaded my case. Dear Michael told me that I had the part, and that they could wait. Little House On The Prairie’ turned out to be a lovely experience. I had been a bit concerned that Michael Landon was not only the star and producer but had written the script and was the director as well. I did not know how one man could do all of that and do it well. But he fooled me good. Michael is one of the finest directors I have ever worked with, he understands actors and he understands people.”

Michael Directing
"REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 P_neal10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm

It was a great episode, the emotions, the parallel with the puppies needing homes, the acting from everyone, the reality of cancer then. It wasn't overly emotional, the gesture with Alicia at the end wasn't "too much" but just right. A very good job.
Back to top Go down
Alice Garvey
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Alice Garvey

Number of posts : 67
Mood : "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 pm

this was one of my favorite episodes. I can't remember the actress' name that played Julia but she did a great job. I thought it was awsome how the Edwards took Julia's childern in and gave them a home. What exactly was wrong with Julia?? I am thinking some kind of cancer of the lymph glands in her neck.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Alice Garvey wrote:
this was one of my favorite episodes. I can't remember the actress' name that played Julia but she did a great job. I thought it was awsome how the Edwards took Julia's childern in and gave them a home. What exactly was wrong with Julia?? I am thinking some kind of cancer of the lymph glands in her neck.

Patricia Neal
Lymph Node Cancer

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "REMEMBER ME"   "REMEMBER ME" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"REMEMBER ME"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next