Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man

Go down 
+14
Krissy
Ruth
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Kristina
Savannah
LHFanForever
Vanesa
Rhonda
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
LIWnut
LHDaisy
LM
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:56 pm

sometime Laura can act a little childish when she grew up...But this was a good esp..The one when she's childish.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

I can't say I really liked this episode. For Laura to act in such a way was ridiculous. I can see why she could have misunderstood about Brenda Sue and Manly, and Brenda Sue might even have deserved a good talking to from her, but to fight in the middle of the street? I can't imagine she would ever live that down.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 pm

This is one of my favorite episodes. But yeah it was a little crazy of her to fight in the middle of the street. Imagine if a stage coach came flying by. Laughing

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Ya,It was a funny esp..poor pa keepted breaking his new window he want to put in the house./..I could never do that either....
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 am

This is ok episode. Mrs. Olsen has tell everyone in Walnut Grove. Laur & Almanzo getting divorced. Her usual gossip. 3 times Charles has to buy a new window. At the ned old window goes back up. (Which I like in the first place.)

I never notices the mannequin before. I'm going re-watch that scene again.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 am

Mrs. Oleson is mean is this episode..{But when is there an episode where she's not mean?} greenS

The scenes with Charles and his windows is funny!!!!!
Great episode Thumbsup

Leaves "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:56 am

Re-watching this episode makes me dis-like laura in it. I still can't believe how she acted.Getting jelouse like that. I think this episode teaches us that we can't let our emotions get the best of us.Least that's how i take it. I still think laura acted like a childish girl.It was still a good one.A funny one. mrs olsen what a meanie.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Wow you have a great eye. I never noticed. Haha, it's funny to think about.

There is a scene from Bonanza where Little Joe falls of a cliff. It is so a dummy. It's all floppy and stuff as it's falling, lol.

Beckie

OMG yes.....so funny

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Ruth wrote:
Mrs. Oleson is mean is this episode..{But when is there an episode where she's not mean?} greenS

The scenes with Charles and his windows is funny!!!!!
Great episode Thumbsup

I agree about the windows....very funny

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pm

It sucks pa never got his perfuct picture window.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I just watched this episode again yesterday. How funny about the mannequin.
I really love noticing the bloopers

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:51 pm

It's one of my favorite episodes. Laura should have talked to Brenda Sue instead of attacking her. Poor Charles tried so hard to put in a picture window. I always wonder why Almanzo didn't sleep in one of the bedrooms after his arguement with Laura. It would have been better than on the sofa or floor after he fell off the sofa. I couldn't believe Charles and Caroline's made up arguement about him not having kept his promiose to put in a picture window and he told her it wasn't his fault.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:38 pm

I thought that was cute, the part with Ma and Pa them "fake arguing"...they did have chemistry on TV.

I might be in the minority but I thought they made Laura more immature married than before. All they did was argue, they didn't seem to discuss anything before getting married, they are both hot-tempered and what she did as a teacher and wife with that brawl in the street was beyond silly. I wouldn't respect a teacher that did that and as a newly married wife, she didn't trust her husband at all. Today....Brenda Sue would have sued!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:46 am

Yes, Kamberley...I've aleays wandered why did the writers do Laura more immature after marriage than before. I suppose that their point ws to show she was a "strong" woman and that she wouldn't allow anyone to rule on her life...But they failed: they only portrayed a young woman who could be a little too histerical and childish.

And of course,a teacher couldn't fight with another woman in the middle of the rown main street! I'm sure that if that even happened, Laura would be fired from her job...Maybe even today! HeeHee grinsmiley

Vanesa.

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:27 pm

I don't really like this episode that much, which is kind of sad, considering that it features Laura and Almanzo. I would rather see them working together against some kind of tragedy or hardship, like Ma and Pa, than yelling and screaming at one another. I also think it was horrid of Laura to attach Brenda Sue like she did. If Laura wants to be seen as an adult and someone who is a good teacher for the town's children, this little scene surely ruined that. In fact, if I was on the school board, I may consider dismissing Laura or at least issuing a strong reprimand. This was no kind of example for Laura to set in front of the school children.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I can't say I really liked this episode. For Laura to act in such a way was ridiculous. I can see why she could have misunderstood about Brenda Sue and Manly, and Brenda Sue might even have deserved a good talking to from her, but to fight in the middle of the street? I can't imagine she would ever live that down.
I agree.....others on here seem to think Brenda Sue was the "bad character," acting too close to Almanzo. I didn't really pick up that vibe. It seemed to me that Brenda Sue and Almanzo did have something in common - music - and Brenda Sue was excited to tell Almanzo about being published. Perhaps Brenda Sue had stronger feelings for Almanzo than he had for her, but even so, I didn't think she did anything inappropriate in being friendly with Almanzo. And even if she had tried to "come on" to Almanzo, I still don't think it warranted her being physically assaulted by Laura like that. I actually thought Brenda Sue just seemed like a nice, excited, friendly young woman. Laura's jealousy is really not something I enjoy watching. She really assumed the worst and ended up looking like a fool.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:36 pm

COZI-TV must have cut out the "fake argument" between Ma and Pa! I didn't get to see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2