Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD

Go down 
+5
Gin
Krissy
JW
Amy
Vanesa
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Bokmal10

Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD   Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 am

Amy wrote:
VFHusker wrote:
My mom bought a bunch of postcards (loose and in a big pack), one of the same 8.5x11 books that I bought (I don't recall which one), a CD of the only known recording of Laura, a couple of papers, and a few other things that I don't recall right now.

Isn't it ridiculous that there are so few recordings of Laura?? It's not like recording devices were unheard of, and she was famous by the time they became popular! Makes no sense to me. scratchead

Thank you for the 'tour'! It sounds like you had quite the adventure! Thumbsup

Laura was extremely shy, and when she was asked to go to radio broadcastings, she used to say "no". She only attended one of these two or three times (or less. I don't remember the fact very well). I also have this verry rare record of her voice and if you listen to it carefully, you'll noitce that her voice was trembling a little, as if she was very nervous at the time... greenS

Vanesa.

Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD   Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Vanesa, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this response to my post! Oh my goodness, I never knew that about Laura. Interesting!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD   Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks for the Pictures and the tour was awesome

Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Jacobk10Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD   Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Laura Ingalls tour in De Smet, SD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2