Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greenfield Village

Go down 
+11
Lori
Vanesa
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Rob
Savannah
Joe
Amy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Greenfield Village Love-s10

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:03 am

On Saturday my hubby and I went with our good friends to our special village to celebrate Halloween weekend and my friend's birthday. This is in Dearborn Michigan, near Detroit. Some of you may remember when I posted pictures three years ago, when my friend and I went there for Halloween weekend, and dressed up in Victorian attire. This time, our hubbies agreed to get in on the fun. Greenfield Village 70708 I promised Savannah I would post some pictures, so without further ado... Greenfield Village 129986

Greenfield Village 05010

My Little House moment. Greenfield Village 773783

Greenfield Village 11510

This one was taken on the Firestone farm....as in "Firestone tire company". They have a real working farm right in the village. The following shot is us on the front porch of the farmhouse.

Greenfield Village 12710

Greenfield Village 13510

The 'chaps' out taking a stroll...

Greenfield Village 10610

This was taken at Cottswold cottage, which was recreated brick by brick from a manor in England:

Greenfield Village 08710

My "Mary Poppins" moment. Greenfield Village 773783 Next time though, I'm going to extend my arm out with the umbrella, the way Mary did. Greenfield Village 129986

Greenfield Village 15410

The End! Thanks for looking! Greenfield Village 811339

Greenfield Village 15110

Last edited by Amy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Greenfield Village Innoce10

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 am

Oh my. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Miss Amy, you brought back so many memories with your post and pictures. I never tired of visiting Greenfield Village. An oasis it was, a place where history is remembered and cherished.
Dagblastit, I miss Michigan!

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Greenfield Village Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:12 am

Joe, that is so cool that you've been there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane! Thumbsup Greenfield Village really is a magical place. We're fortunate that our good friends buy season family passes each year.

I can't remember, where in Michigan did you say you lived?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Greenfield Village Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Greenfield Village Happy010

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 am

Greenfield Village 39447 What wonderful pictures! Amy, you look so gorgeous! You always look like you completely fit in with the Victorian clothes. It looks like you had a lovely time - and I love the Mary Poppins shot! But yes, definitely next time extend the arm. Greenfield Village 702150 Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! Greenfield Village 410460And I'm so glad that you got to go!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 am

Thank you Savannah! Smiley Hug I had a feeling you'd enjoy those! Wink We really did have a wonderful time. I've been there so many times now but it just never gets old for me. Love And yes, it wasn't until I saw the 'Mary Poppins' shot that I thought, I should have extended my arm, and looked up a little. HeeHee Next time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Greenfield Village Goodsi10

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 am

Beautiful pictures, Amy! Thanks for posting them. So glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 am

Cool! Looks like a lot of fun! Greenfield Village 811339

Greenfield Village PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 am

Thank you Rob and Prairie Dweller! Smile I was telling Savananh I would probably dress like that every day if I could! greenS
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Greenfield Village Innoce10

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Joe, that is so cool that you've been there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane! Thumbsup Greenfield Village really is a magical place. We're fortunate that our good friends buy season family passes each year.

I was born in Dearborn! Raised in Madison Heights. I've lived in Royal Oak, Ferndale and Warren, all pretty close to each other.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Greenfield Village Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Greenfield Village Purple2

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

What a fun weekend Amy!!! I think I could've lived in that time era as well.... grinsmiley

***Chim-chimney, chim-chimney***

Greenfield Village Rhonda10Greenfield Village Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Joe wrote:
Amy wrote:

I was born in Dearborn! Raised in Madison Heights. I've lived in Royal Oak, Ferndale and Warren, all pretty close to each other.

Oh wow! You know, the funny thing is, you often hear that people that live right there or around there never have been to the village, or they rarely go. OhMy I guess that's true though wherever anyone lives...you never really know what's in your own backyard! And Joe, my brother in law lived in Royal Oak, while he was working at the Henry Ford Hospital. Nice area!

Rhonda wrote:
What a fun weekend Amy!!! I think I could've lived in that time era as well.... grinsmiley

***Chim-chimney, chim-chimney***

***Chim Chim, Cheerie* Thumbsup greenS And yes, Rhonda, you totally could! Bill likes to tease me that I'd never have survived it, but that's ONLY because of what we know now. If we didn't know any better or any different, then you just do what you gotta do! yes
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:54 pm

I love these pictures! Thumbsup Thumbsup

That's a place I would love to visit and dress up for. It looks beautiful there. Smile

Greenfield Village Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah, you know Carol, the last time Barbara and I did this we were alone and had tiny little cameras in our purses, so people just thought we worked there. And there was a photography class that day at the village (and it was a gorgeous fall day), and we were posing for pictures all day long! It was so funny! My cheeks literally hurt by day's end! This time, with the guys there, and Bill carrying around our big camera, we didn't look so 'authentic'...we definitely were tourists! LOL! But we still had a few people ask for pictures.

It really is beautiful...wish you lived closer, Carol! Wink Goodness knows there's a lot I'd love to see in your area, though! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Greenfield Village Happy011

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 pm

Beautiful pictures!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks Beckie! Smile
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Was it raining that day?

Greenfield Village Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 pm

We actually lucked out Alex....it was due to rain and thunderstorm, but it never did! It was cloudy, but all we got were a few sprinkles! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Greenfield Village Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Greenfield Village 46567
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Greenfield Village Bokmal10

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 pm

You looks awfully good in your Victorian clothes, Amy! It's easy to see you had had a nice time! Smile

Vanesa.

Greenfield Village Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Hey! Do you have a Walnut Grove in Michigan? Smile

Vanesa.

Greenfield Village Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 am

Thank you Vanesa. Smile

Vanesa wrote:
Hey! Do you have a Walnut Grove in Michigan? Smile

Vanesa.

Not that I know of. But there was a road within the village called Walnut Grove. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am

Great pictures. You look great in your attire.

Greenfield Village Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Thank you Lori! Smile
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 am

I love greenfield village. I been here since childhood. One of my favorite historical museums. beautiful pictures. Where is the Walnut Grove sign? I don't think, I seen that sign. All the years, I been there. I'm hoping, I can go this spring or summer. (I have bring my wheelchair, cause that place is so big. Sometimes, I'll walk around. So, I won't be stiff.) Anyways, I pretend, I back in 1800's. I pick one of the houses, is mine. I have husband & kids. I thought about volunteer here. But, I lived so far away. Talking about it. I can't wait to go. I hope, we go this year. One year, we went there. In May. (few years ago) Their was tornado. So, we all went to the big gift shop. But, the tornado never landed. I wanted see the tornado. but they told us, stay away from the window. Blue

I love the fall colors. I know, this old post. Greenfield Village is my favorite place go to.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Just now seeing this Buttercup.....the "Walnut Grove" sign is on that road farthest in the back of the village. I think it's near the Robert Frost home. I hope you can go again soon too! I know I'll be back there very soon....we'll be going with friends to see the Titanic exhibit at the museum! Thumbsup

Gosh, I wouldn't want to be there during a tornado warning though! scared
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greenfield Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenfield Village
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next