Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greenfield Village

Go down 
+11
Lori
Vanesa
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Rob
Savannah
Joe
Amy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Bokmal10

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:30 pm

@ Amy, If, I can remember correctly. Started out nice, when we go there. But, by the end of the day. The sky, turn green, We're in the hat shop. The weather was getting nastier. It was pouring. We waited until the rain lit up. Then, we went to the gift shop. Start poring again Wind starts picking up. Not sure, if tornado touch in Greenfield Village. I think, it pass by us. They told the guest. stay away from the window. So, I couldn't tell if, the tornado touch or not.

I hope, it's okay, I can post some of my Greenfield Village on here. Since, I went their today.

Well, we're suppose go to Henry Ford museum. To see Titanic exhibit, with my two nieces. But, they had already had plans today. On their dad side. So, yesterday. My mom mention, the movies. I was like, I want do something different, on Saturday. So, we went to Greenfield Village. We got there late. We got discount from our health insurance. So, that was good. We went to Eagle Tavern for lunch. I had the Roast Beef, with season vegetables. I tried zucchini. Not my favorite. I had dinner roll & blueberry muffin. For dessert Blueberry tart. It was huge. After the restaurant. I was talking to the lady Who work there. (She's the greeter.) We got talking. She like my Schnauzer purse. Then, a mom & dad, with their 6 kids. 3 kids in train wagon. Turns out, the mother is old friend of mine. I met her, during homeschooling When I was in 11th grade. I haven't seen her, in ages. We got to talking. God, was telling me, something. That was it. Seeing an old friend, for long time.

We did have fun. We went to school. Usually, you they have it lock up. Only look through. Some houses. Didn't go to Firestone farmhouse. One of my favorites to look through Maybe some other time.

Now, the pictures. Their just a few.

This is T-Model skit. (behind the school.) I got their in the middle of the skit.

Pic 1. (Lady dancing)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 T-Modelskit

Pic 2. (Lady & man singing)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 T-modelskit2

Pic 3. (The skit players singing.)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 T-modelskit3

Pic 4. Men singing (cute guy in the middle.)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 T-modelskit3

Pic 5. (Pretending to drive T-Model car.)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 T-modelskit5

Took picture of dinning room. (close up) & pitcher. I think, it was the Robert Frost house or different house.

Pic 1. Dinning Room. (close up)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 Dinningroom

Pic 2. (Pitcher)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 Pitcher

Took this picture, when going to gift shop. But, we stop to look at Wright Brothers house, Wright Cycle shop, Main Street Emporium & Cohen Millinery.
(Ignore the guy with his arm. I do not know him. Somehow, parts of his body was in my picture.)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 GV

Went into the Cohen Millinery (hat shop.) Took two pictures.

Pic 1. (two hats)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 Hat

Pic 2. (hat.)
Greenfield Village - Page 2 Hat2

Yes, I enjoy my day. It was hot outside. Not 90's. I did put sunscreen on. We did went in the shade few times.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am

Nice pics, Melissa! Glad you had fun!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Great pictures!

I'm planning on taking a major detour there next year (I have all my plans set and reservations made for the 150th of Gettysburg). I've heard about this place since I was a kid because my family went a few years before I was born. But I saw the Michigan commercial that featured it all about 3 times last year. And ever since I saw it I have been obsessing over going there. So now seeing these pictures, I am looking even more forward to it!

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you, Rob & Miss Olsen. Smile

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Whoops, I can't believe I missed this, Melissa! thud Sorry about that!

I am glad you had so much fun there this summer! Seeing all these pictures makes me want to go back again. Fall is my favorite time of year to go, so I have been pining away for it. Love

Thanks for sharing! And Miss Oleson, I do hope you will be able to visit next year! You won't be sorry, I'm sure of it. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I went back to Greenfield Village over the weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday! They were 'half' decorated for Christmas....so beautiful! It was a gorgeous sunny day...slightly chilly but no wind, and 52 degrees! Perfect. loveheart

Me going into the General Store....this store really reminds me of the one in Anne of Green Gables. Love

Greenfield Village - Page 2 23117910

The Eagle Tavern 'dressed' for Christmas. loveheart

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Eagle_10

LOVE eating in the Eagle Tavern, right in front of the fireplace! Thumbsup I had pork loin (fresh from their farm on site) and sauerkraut. Yum!

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Gv_fir10

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Gv10

I keep thinking I'm going to get tired of this place at some point, but it just seems to become even more charming every time. Love
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm

It actually intrigues me, this place!

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 am

In what town is the Greenfield Village? I might have to go there on my next trip to the Island

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Jacobk10Greenfield Village - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 am

Alex, it is intriguing. Thumbsup I can't get enough of it!

Jacob, it is located in "Dearborn", which is near Detroit. You would love it, I know!

I had to share this. This is a picture of President Obama sitting on the Rosa Parks bus, which sits in the Henry Ford Museum (which is part of Greenfield Village). I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience. I can't imagine how the president must have felt, sitting there. What a powerful picture!

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Rosa_p10

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

cool pics.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Mimi wrote:
I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience.

Greenfield Village - Page 2 440956
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Greenfield Village - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Rob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience.

Greenfield Village - Page 2 440956

Laughing

Hey Amy, maybe you could take me there next summer?

Greenfield Village - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh my gosh Rob, how did I not 'get' that when I wrote it! Laughing

Alex, it would be a great place to visit! I've always said it would be fun if all the Michiganders (and anyone else) could meet up there. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Greenfield Village - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenfield Village
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2