Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for my Mom, please...

Go down 
+10
Teresa
alexczarn
bethandmanly
Amy
JW
Rhonda
Honeybee
Lori
Rob
Savannah
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for my Mom, please... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54429
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Happy010

Prayers for my Mom, please... Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:50 am

Late last night, my Mom had very sudden, and very severe chest pains, so we took her to the hospital. Thank God our hospital is literally just up the hill from us. It's about a thirty-second drive. They found that Mom has a tear in her ascending aorta, and they flew her to Grand Rapids for open-heart surgery. By the time we got to the hospital she was already in surgery - that was about 3 AM. They told us that the surgery would take at least 6 hours, probably more. Mom will be on complete life support, with her heart stopped during the surgery, which of course is a rather frightening concept for me. But she has a lot of people praying for her, which is a huge blessing to me. I know some of you are already praying, and I appreciate it deeply. And thank you in advance for the added prayers! Prayers for my Mom, please... 6472
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:12 am

Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460 Prayers have been going out all night, and they still are.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 am

Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460 Thank you so much, Rob. You've been such an encouragement to me already.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 am

I'm praying for her.

Prayers for my Mom, please... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3579
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:19 am

I'll be praying for your mom, Savannah.

Lord, please guide the doctors in OR. Help them, whatever needs be done on Savannah's mom's heart. Be with Savannah & her family. as their waiting in the waiting room. (For the long dreadful waiting) Send an Angel to watch Savannah's mom's heart.

In name of Jesus,

~Amen

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21202
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 am

Prayers for your mom are being said. You and your brothers hold onto each other and help your dad stay strong. Love you!
grouphug

Prayers for my Mom, please... Rhonda10Prayers for my Mom, please... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 am

Smiley Hug Praying Savannah

Prayers for my Mom, please... Jacobk10Prayers for my Mom, please... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

I am praying hard for your mom right now Savannah, and for all of you. Hang in there, and have faith! Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:00 pm

How very scary. Prayers going up right now. Please keep us posted.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Praying!! And have been.

Prayers for my Mom, please... Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Savannah, your mom will be in my prayers. Please let us know how she is doing.

Prayers for my Mom, please... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Thank you all SO much for praying! We had answers to prayer last night before we even knew it. The huge snowstorm that was supposed to hit us, instead hit just to the east of us - and thank God it did! If it had hit us, my Mom wouldn't have been able to be flown to the hospital that specializes in heart care. But as it was, we only had a small storm, and they were able to fly her within 9 minutes to the city. The surgery went extremely well. The surgeon did give us some very startling news - that when we had taken Mom to the hospital last night, she was within 2 hours of death...three hours at the very most. Her aorta was leaking blood so badly that it was filling her chest cavity. What a blessing that we have a hospital so close! Prayers for my Mom, please... 18022 She's stable now, and still holding her own....I'm getting friends and family caught up on her status, and have been checking with the hospital on her current status. (They told us to go home and get some sleep. I'll find that sleep relatively soon.)

Thank you again for praying - the surgeon (after the surgery) told us that under the best circumstances, there's a 30% chance that the patient will die during this surgery . . . and Mom had been given a blood thinner just before the operation (here at our hometown hospital. They thought she was having a heart attack.) and that complicated matters quite a bit.

I'll be headed back over in the morning with a bunch of family.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Knew it was a close shave. A lot to be thankful for!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed. We'll keep praying. Prayers for my Mom, please... Smiley-hug002
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21202
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 pm

So glad things are working out well....Praying for her comfort, her recovery and for you and your family to get some rest tonight....God is GOOD! Smiley Hug

Prayers for my Mom, please... Rhonda10Prayers for my Mom, please... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Knew it was a close shave. A lot to be thankful for!

A lot for sure! And thank you for your prayers!

Rob wrote:
Thank you for keeping us informed. We'll keep praying. Prayers for my Mom, please... Smiley-hug002

Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460 Thank you for the continued prayers!

Rhonda wrote:
So glad things are
working out well....Praying for her comfort, her recovery and for you
and your family to get some rest tonight....God is GOOD!
Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460

Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460 Thank you, Rhonda!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:06 pm

God is good. I am glad she is holding her own and will continue to pray. Get some rest.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Thank you for the update, Savannah. I'm so glad that your mom's surgery went well, and you can finally "breathe" again. What a scary ordeal, especially what the doctor told you. Your mom will continue to be in my prayers.

Prayers for my Mom, please... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

I know exactly how you feel. They had to have my dad on life support during and a little after his procedure as well. That was the hardest part for me. But he came through with flying colors. I am sure she will do well. That's standard procedure for that kind of surgery anyway. I will be praying. He was off life support and breathing and stuff on his own just hours after surgery.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 pm

I enter once a day here and I've seen this message only some minutes ago...I'm praying for your mother, Savannah and I hope things will be O.K with his aorta after surgery. HOwever, I know that with a supporting daughter like you are, she'll have a special help for her recovering.

Please, keep us updated.

Vanesa. Smiley Hug

Prayers for my Mom, please... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:50 am

Glad things are looking better will keep praying

Prayers for my Mom, please... Jacobk10Prayers for my Mom, please... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:13 am

Prayers for my Mom, please... 410460 Thank you all for your continued prayers! Mom is improving, and they expect to take her out of the critical care unit later today. We still don't have any idea of when she might be able to come home, but we sure don't want to rush it. She's still very tired and very weak - but improving. Prayers for my Mom, please... 6472 What a blessing!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:15 am

wootwoot

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Dearest Savannah, God is good and is taking care of His precious child, your mother. I pray that she recovers in time for Christmas. Love to you always.

Prayers for my Mom, please... MarilynKeeper Prayers for my Mom, please... Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for my Mom, please... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Thank God she is out of the woods....what a rough few days for all of you! Hope you are finally getting some good rest in, Savannah! Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Mom, please...   Prayers for my Mom, please... Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my Mom, please...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next