Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I noticed something!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : I noticed something!! Headac10

I noticed something!! Empty
PostSubject: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:49 pm

A Few year's ago at a yard sale i got the box set of the little house books.Just now i noticed one book is missing and replaced with another. "Little house in the big woods" Is not theire.But i have
"The caroline year's" Little clearing in the woods! Anyone ever read them books?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : I noticed something!! Confus10

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 pm

I've read the first book in the Caroline Years, Little House in Brookfield by Maria D. Wilkes. It was good, but to me the Caroline and Rose books aren't near as good as the original Little House series, but I still liked it. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Are they based on fiction then?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, I think they are based on Caroline and Rose's life. I don't think they are exactly nonfiction, but still like the person's life, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 pm

ohok. I see

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
ohok. I see

Smile

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Smile grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : I noticed something!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I have them all. I do believe the authors did do alot of research about who ever they wrote about . I enjoyed the Charlotte years and Caroline years the best.

I noticed something!! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Gin wrote:
I have them all. I do believe the authors did do alot of research about who ever they wrote about . I enjoyed the Charlotte years and Caroline years the best.

That's good.Afther seeing the show.It been instersting to read the books.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I noticed something!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 pm

I have all the Caroline years books but the last one. I've also purchased "Charlotte's Years" and "Martha's Years". I liked all of them even if I didn't have the last volume of each collection.

The authors DID a good research on those girls lifes and besides it's interesting to read these books, since you could learn about life in XVIII Century Scotland, life in the States right after Independence and the beginning of industrial era, when Ma was a little girl. Smile

Oh...The "Rose years" are good enough too. Roger Lea MacBride based his writing in long conversation he had , along with Rose Wilder, about Rose's childhood and earlier youth.

Vanesa.

P.S: If you could read all of them, please, do it. They are not as good as Laura's own books but they add a lot of details to her story.

I noticed something!! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am

Cool. I just have the one book.I can see if the second hand store has them.BEfore ppl looked at me strange for buying them once.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I noticed something!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:37 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Cool. I just have the one book.I can see if the second hand store has them.BEfore ppl looked at me strange for buying them once.

But these people doesn't know what a great set of stories these kind of books have inside! batEyes

Vanesa.

I noticed something!! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm

true Smile

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : I noticed something!! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am

You're in for a treat! I love the Caroline series! :)

I noticed something!! PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Smile nice

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I noticed something!!   I noticed something!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I noticed something!!
Page 1 of 1