Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings

Go down 
+5
Krissy
bethandmanly
Savannah
Rhonda
Deem714
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 68
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Party010

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Empty
PostSubject: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:25 am

Some posts and I thing some posters have tendency to post without sayig anything. What is up with that???

One or two I can chalk it up to just {oops} but I have seen a few blanks by some posters. I don't think that is a coincodence.

WHAT IS GOING ON??????
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:30 pm

What do you mean by blank? Nothing whatsoever in the post, or just a smiley icon? Sometimes people will say something and regret posting it, go back and edit out the comment leaving it blank, since you can't delete your post after someone has replied to it. The moderators are going through the forum and trying to clean things up; this is mentioned in the announcements area, and may not have gotten to what it is you are talking about. Is this what you are talking about or am I completely confused? scratchead

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Rhonda10Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I haven't seen any blank replies. But if you aren't letting the page completely load, and someone has simply posted a smiley in reply to something that has been written, then it will look like a blank reply.
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I mean completely blank, save the signature. Nothing else written...

Right before I posted this I looked at my Dreams thread on this page on this board... Sweetrkissy had replied last and nothing was there... I post this question because that is not the first time I see a post without anything written.

I just checked hte dreams thread and ha ha is there in sweeterkissy's post... eerie.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Lisa wrote:
I haven't seen any blank replies. But if you aren't letting the page completely load, and someone has simply posted a smiley in reply to something that has been written, then it will look like a blank reply.

Yeah, it can take a while to load the page. I've never seen blank posts, but sometimes people don't have a lot to say and would still like to contribute to a thread. Not everyone is like me and writes novels instead of short posts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:05 pm

I only do that if the forum double post

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Something I have noticed...   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I just want to add with my computer, sometimes things on different sites, and this one does it once in awhile to me, too, have a tendency to load slowly. It tends to happen more often if there are graphics or smilies in the message. In that case I see someone has posted but if they answer with smilies or something it comes along later. That may tend to show an "empty" post? Hope this makes sense. Sometimes I don't. Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings 811339

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings HummerSomething I have noticed regarding some posters and postings MistiKeeperSomething I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Bookclub5Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Lisa wrote:

Yeah, it can take a while to load the page. I've never seen blank posts, but sometimes people don't have a lot to say and would still like to contribute to a thread. Not everyone is like me and writes novels instead of short posts. Laughing

Cheryl. HeeHee

Yeah, my first thought was that it was a smiley that hadn't loaded yet, because that happens to me sometimes.

Whatever the case though, 'blank posts' is certainly not something that has ever been an issue here, Deem. Hopefully it was just a fluke.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Deem714 wrote:
I mean completely blank, save the signature. Nothing else written...

Right before I posted this I looked at my Dreams thread on this page on this board... Sweetrkissy had replied last and nothing was there... I post this question because that is not the first time I see a post without anything written.

I just checked hte dreams thread and ha ha is there in sweeterkissy's post... eerie.

It sounds like you just need to give the page a little more time to load. Krissy's posts all have something in them, even if it's just a smiley. We've never had any blank/empty posting here...and have had very little of any other kind of difficulty, thankfully. We've been very blessed to have a nice, drama-free, family-friendly board, and we work hard to keep it that way. Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings 70708
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 am

Well, It also happens that when there's a video on the answer or on the post, it could last a little longer to load too, and then you'll see a" blank space". Smile

Vanesa.

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am

Lisa wrote:

That's what happens to me as well. Especially on my desktop which takes longer to load than my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: @   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm

This is quite interesting...

I clicked on the "hair" thread on this site and the pictures of her hair styles did NOT show up. At all!!! No matter how long I wait...

Some pictures do show up, though, like the autumn one in the "looking forward to seasons" thread.

Weird!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: I don't see all the pics or any of the emoticons that people   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:52 am

or even I post?

Do I neeed to change my settings or something? If so, please help me by telling you how.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:11 pm

It must be your settings.....it does take some time for some posts to show up, but all in all, they do show up, so your settings might be blocking things from sight..... scratchead

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Rhonda10Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings   Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings Empty

Back to top Go down

Something I have noticed regarding some posters and postings
Page 1 of 1