Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?

Go down 
+10
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Krissy
Carol
Gin
Savannah
pamh36
Vanesa
Rob
AaronM
14 posters
AuthorMessage
AaronM
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
AaronM

Number of posts : 70
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Pbucket

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Empty
PostSubject: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

What a week it has been! On January 9th, I went in for a job interview with Pleune, a job with great potential. I was sick when I went in, but did well and they HIRED me before the interview even ended! I was given a start date of Monday the 13th.

By Saturday the 11th I was so sick I knew I was in trouble, I couldn't breath, and I could barely move so I went to the clinic. My oxygen level had dropped to 85% and even though the clinic was closed they brought me in, gave me a breathing treatment, steroids, and another shot and brought my oxygen to 90%. I felt better, but was still quite sick, and Sunday night I knew I couldn't go to work Monday.......so I called in.....on my first day!

Monday morning it was back to the clinic for another breathing treatment, steroid shot, and some other shot. Thats when they told me I had Pneumonia! They told me to take two days off from work (More missed time) I sent this information in to work and they were great with it! They knew I had been sick and weren't upset a bit.

This is where the "how good is God" part comes in, I have yet to work even one hour for this new employer, yesterday I received an E-mail from them telling me to take the WHOLE week off and they would change my start date to the 23Rd!!!! So I can recover from this! I will have missed NO time with them in their system!

God is GOOD!!

As a PS to this, I found out after the fact that 85% Oxygen is stinking bad! If I had hit 82% They would have had to put me on life support! Your brain starts shutting down! And, the clinic may not charge me for some of the services because I not only did not have insurance, I was technically unemployed when I came in! God is SO good!

Sorry this is so long, but I thought I'd share what has happened, and how God works in EVERYTHING!

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Aaron_10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Glad everything is working out for you, Aaron. How are you feeling now?
Back to top Go down
AaronM
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
AaronM

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I am feeling much better Thank you! Although I am have DREADFUL side effects from the meds! I am a coffee-aholic! The meds have made coffee taste absolutely FOUL to me! I can't even think about drinking a cup! bawling
So, for now I am switching between, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green, and Echinacea Tea.

The night sweats, fever and STUPID dreams are gone now, but I can't sleep well for some reason.....no matter what, God is good!

I forgot to thank Savannah for all her kindness too! She's been running and getting the meds, juices and such that I have needed to feel better! Can't ask for a better Sister!

"snicker" Opie doesn't want anything to do with me at the moment, he can't stand the smell of Vicks! HA! I picked him up and he pushed right away from me as hard as he could! Poor little guy!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm happy things are going well to you, Aaron. I'm sure these few littlñe problems you still have will be fadding in no time.

Keep your chin up , boy! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 pm

I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better. That is wonderful news that they changed your start date for you!! It sounds like you found a great place. God is good indeed.

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:10 pm

AaronM wrote:

I forgot to thank Savannah for all her kindness too! She's been running and getting the meds, juices and such that I have needed to feel better! Can't ask for a better Sister!

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Smiley-ashamed005 Aw, thank you. (I'll pay you later. A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Whistl80)

Aaron wrote:

"snicker" Opie doesn't want anything to do with me at the moment, he can't stand the smell of Vicks! HA! I picked him up and he pushed right away from me as hard as he could! Poor little guy!

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? 85958 It's true! Opie was pushing away from him like, "My stars, Aaron! What have you been INto??" Poor Aaron!

And I couldn't be more thrilled with your new job, that you're feeling better, and that the company is staffed with compassionate people!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Oh no....Aaron so sorry you have been so sick. My son Madison had asthma issues for a long time and was on steroids alot. Things never tasted well to him either. It made him a very picky eater. It will get better..promise.

Sounds like that is a DREAMY boss! So thankful they are working with you so you can get well. DO EVERYTHING you need to do to get well. Pneumonia is so serious....Madison had such a high fever once with it that he was almost put into the hospital. Savannah is such a sweety to wait on you AND Opie! he he!
Go buy Opie some catnip and he will love you again. Take it easy.....!!

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Wow Aaron! But that is so great that they pushed your start date! Thumbsup
I hope you start feeling better soon.

AaronM wrote:

Too funny! I can see him doing that Laughing

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm glad things worked out.Glad your getting better.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Wow! God is certainly watching over you. I'm glad things worked out well. Hope you're back in tip top shape soon.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

AaronM wrote:
I am feeling much better Thank you! Although I am have DREADFUL side effects from the meds! I am a coffee-aholic! The meds have made coffee taste absolutely FOUL to me! I can't even think about drinking a cup! bawling
So, for now I am switching between, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green, and Echinacea Tea.

The night sweats, fever and STUPID dreams are gone now, but I can't sleep well for some reason.....no matter what, God is good!

scratchead MENopause??? HeeHee

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Rhonda10A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Aaron, I can only imagine the anxiety you felt Sunday night, knowing you weren't going to make it in! But you're right, through God, all things come together for the good. yes It's amazing how everything worked out, right down to the medical expenses being waived (hopefully!) due to being 'technically' unemployed! Your company sounds FABULOUS! Maybe I'll get my hubby to go work with you...he needs a better job too.

AaronM wrote:

I totally hear you about the coffee....to think it tastes FOUL?! Noo Bite your tongue, man!! No Suggestion: Try jasmine tea...it's become one of my very favorites. (Mine is Bigelow brand).

And you truly lucked out in the 'sister department'....I can imagine she is making sure you want for nothing! That's Savannah for you...she is one special lady. yes

I pray you'll be back to 100% by next Monday, Aaron! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 pm

That's awesome Aaron, I mean about the job and getting better, not having pneumonia. Lol! And the story about Opie!! Hahaha!!!!

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm

That is such great news about the job. Sounds like they will be great to work for. Feel better.

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Lorike10
Back to top Go down
AaronM
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
AaronM

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner, this junk still has a bit of a hold on me. Coffee STILL tastes AWFUL to me..........such a shame! bawling
Opie and catnip are a GREAT combination! You can't pay for that kind of entertainment! But he still won't come too near because of the Vicks! SOOO funny!
I'm off to a work meeting this evening, I was given an "unofficial" invitation, the company is employee owned, and they want me to take an interest right away, they got it!
For now I am drinking Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green, and another kind of tea. Hopefully the medication will let go of the hold it has on my taste buds soon so I can once again enjoy coffee (Right now it tastes like it is old no matter how fresh it is, GROSS!!)
Thank you Captain Picard for Earl Grey! LOL!

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Yikes! I'm glad that everything as worked out so well for you! Smile

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?   A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God? Empty

Back to top Go down

A new job, sick as a dog, and how good is God?
Page 1 of 1