Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Urgent prayer request!!!

Go down 
+9
pamh36
Amy
Lily
ChristinaAL
Carol
LHDaisy
Rhonda
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Bokmal10

Urgent prayer request!!! Empty
PostSubject: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Dear Friends,

As some of you might remember, my neighbor and good friend, Karen White was diagnosed with leukemia a couple days before Christmas last year. She went to Brigham and Women's in Boston the day after Christmas and ended up staying through March because she had two strokes as a result of the chemotherapy treatments.

Karen was able to transfer to a local rehab center to continue physical therapy once her chemo treatments were completed, but she is still in a wheelchair.

She came home right before Easter Sunday and her progress has been great. She has been gaining her strength back and she seemed to be on the slow road to recovery. But, her husband informed me today that the cancer has come back. We are all heartbroken over this latest news.

Karen and her husband have three young children, the youngest of which is only 3. I ask that you all pray for the White family. They need all the help they can get right now. I have seen what the power of prayer can do, so I never discount the importance of asking for others to pray on the behalf of friends and family. For those of you who do not pray, could you please send good vibes and positive energy Karen's way? I know she will appreciate any good sentiment that helps her recover from this latest challenge.

Thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Urgent prayer request!!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Karen will be in my prayers, Cheryl. I'm so very sorry that your friend's cancer is back. You're right, though - there's POWER in prayer! I'll pass the prayer request on to my friends, too.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks Savannah. I really appreciate it. Her poor husband was practically in tears when he told me today. I felt so darn useless.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 7:47 am

Karen and her family are in my prayers Cheryl. Hang in there, you are a true friend to them. And as far as feeling useless, please know that just being there as a friend, and a shoulder to cry on is all that matters. Not being there makes things seem so dark and lonely for the family. Blue

If it is any help at all, I am living proof that there is power in prayer. When my cancer came back the second time, none of my doctors could do anything and were very skeptical whether the treatment would work or not. Through treatments and prayers from all over the country, I am now 9 years out. My cancer was very agressive, but God was much more powerful!
Thumbsup

Urgent prayer request!!! Rhonda10Urgent prayer request!!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:53 am

I'Am really sorry about your friend,That is so sad.I hope she will be ok..I will pray for her family
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:00 am

Thanks everyone. It's going to be a rough time for them, but thankfully they have people all over the country and in Canada praying for them. If it is God's will, Karen will overcome this.

You're so right Rhonda, it is important to have friends at a time like this. I'm glad I was able to talk to her husband because at least he knows that we are here to help. We live in a wonderful neighborhood, where everyone helps one another. We've been taking turns cooking for the White family since January. It's not much, but it gives them one less thing to worry about.

Karen and her family have a lot of support behind them, so hopefully this is some small comfort to them.

Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:11 am

Karen will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 10:29 am

I'm so sorry to hear that Cheryl... Blue
I'll be saying a prayer for your friend and her family.

Urgent prayer request!!! Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Me too.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about this :( Your friend is a strong woman for having gotten through so much and I know she will get through this challenge as well. Karen and her family are in my prayers.

Urgent prayer request!!! ChristinaKeeper2 Urgent prayer request!!! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Urgent prayer request!!! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptySat May 19, 2007 12:38 pm

Cheryl, we have not forgotten about your friend Karen, we're still praying for her and her dear family.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptySat May 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks everyone. It breaks my heart to see them going through this again. I know they appreciate all your prayers...and so do I.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptySat May 19, 2007 1:37 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with KAren and her family. How sad they are going thru this again.Blue
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptySat May 19, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks Susie. It has been a major setback for them, but they have lots of love and support...and thanks to all of you, they have lots of prayers too.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptySun May 20, 2007 7:00 am

Cheryl, I know I mentioned this over on the other board, but wanted to address it here too....I feel just terrible for your friend and her family and what they're going through. It must be excruciating to watch a close friend suffer. My thoughts and prayers are with Karen.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyMon May 21, 2007 6:32 pm

I am so very sorry to hear that your friends cancer has come back. My thoughts and prayers are with Karen and her family. {{{HUGS}}}

Urgent prayer request!!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:08 pm

Please continue prayers for Karen. She had another stroke and is in critical condition. She remains on life support and we are very scared for her. The prognosis does not look good right now, but with God all things are possible.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about Karen. I am continuing to pray for her, and for her friends and family as well.

Urgent prayer request!!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:25 pm

OH CHERYL!!! I cannot believe this! She is in my prayers! Blue

Urgent prayer request!!! Rhonda10Urgent prayer request!!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks ladies. I've spent most of the afternoon on the phone getting prayers started. Every little bit helps. I greatly appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:46 pm

I'm sorry this is happening Blue
I'll say a prayer for her and the family. :alright:

Urgent prayer request!!! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Urgent prayer request!!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:19 pm

{{{Cheryl}}} I'm so sorry to hear of her setback. . . .Still praying for Karen and her family.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Urgent prayer request!!! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Karen and her family are in my prayers every day, and so are you and the children, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:17 pm

Thanks Rob. It seems like prayers are really needed these days.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2007 7:54 am

It seems to be God's will that Karen make the final journey home to her Creator. The doctors do not expect her to make it through the weekend. But still, I have a bit of hope that God could still work a miracle, because He can do anything. Please pray for the White family during this difficult time.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent prayer request!!!   Urgent prayer request!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Urgent prayer request!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next