Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season change

Go down 
+15
Lori
MissOleson
Amy
Krissy
Gin
littlehouselover
Joe
bethandmanly
JW
Shell
Kamberley
Honeybee
julmer70
Rob
Julia
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Cloud910

Season change - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 pm

That photo is simply beautiful! It looks JUST like a painting! At first glance, I thought it was!

Today while biking and jogging, I noticed that the trees were showing the slightest sign of changing. The weather has also been a little bit cooler. A slight chill at times and hardly any IF any humidity at all in the air. It's been so pleasant. A couple of nights I could see my breath even.

---> ME! Leaves

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Season change - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:03 am

julmer70 wrote:
Amy, that picture is so beautiful! The colors are fascinating! I know Fall would be my favorite season, if we actually had it here! LOL

The worst part was- about that horrible winter a couple of years ago...that here in Florida, particularly South Florida (where I'm at)...the people are not prepared for that! We're used to short sleeves, shorts, and sandals. We don't have the proper "winter" attire...just a few light sweaters and maybe a jacket. It was awful! I was one of the lucky ones who had winter attire because I visit NYC often during the Christmas season. Still, I looked funny being the only one wearing a coat...but at least it kept me warm!

Talk about inconvenient! Yikes Glad you had something to wear at least! Thumbsup

MissYoungClassic wrote:
[color=red]That photo is simply beautiful! It looks JUST like a painting! At first glance, I thought it was!

I thought the same thing! yes
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:19 am

I love fall and winter. Well, I like the winter when I am not plowed in! mad But I am the most comfortable in these two seasons. Spring is tolerable, but I HATE summer! I think it is torture. I really love fall, though. I love how things look and smell during this time.

I doubt we'll have any really good fall colors in Wisconsin this year. Everything seemed to bloom so early. Now it seems as if the leaves are falling before they even change (I think that is due to the heat/drought that we had around here this year). At least that is how it seems around where I live.

The place to go, at least in my (somewhat) general area is Holy Hill.
[img]Season change - Page 2 Holyhill[/img]

I guess the colors are pretty good when up north, but I have never been there during this time of year. So I couldn't say whether that is true or not. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 am

That picture is breathtaking! Thank you so much for sharing! When I figure out how to upload pictures on here...I'll give you a taste of what "Fall" & "Winter" is like here in Miami!

We have had some 'fall.' RAINFALL. Ever since the season started, all it does is rain, rain, rain. The Sunshine State is anything but and it's been gray and gloomy for weeks now. I miss the sun! banghead
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 am

That is a pretty picture. Our leaves are looking very pretty this year.

Season change - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 am

Miss Oleson, I officially want to visit Holy Hill! thud Holy moly! That is gorgeous!! Love
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks but I have to admit that I can't take credit for that picture. I found it online. Smile I thought it was so pretty. I can never figure out how people get just the right view of the church. But it is very pretty, isn't it? Every year for my grandmother's birthday (at the end of October) she wanted to drive out to Holy Hill to see the colors.

Amy wrote:
Miss Oleson, I officially want to visit Holy Hill! thud Holy moly! That is gorgeous!! Love
I have some pictures of my own of Holy Hill. I will have to dig them out one of these days and upload them to the computer and onto here. Then you can see how really amazing it is. I think it is about an hour or so from Milwaukee. It is in the Kettle Moraine country here. I've taken a few different drives out there. I like the one that I have driven the most. You're just driving along and suddenly really far in the distance you can see this tiny church on top of a very high hill. Of course, when you get there, the church is anything but tiny! And the hill is fairly high (which you will see from the pictures). But it is really quite a sight to see.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Our fall colors are just about at their peak. Here are some pictures from near my house.

Season change - Page 2 006_zps6151afa1

Season change - Page 2 007_zps91420b3f

Season change - Page 2 004-17
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm

BEAUTIFUL! We have a couple more weeks to go, but riding my bike yesterday, was pure joy! loveheart

Season change - Page 2 Rhonda10Season change - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 pm

That's beautiful, Rob!

BTW, that "smiling dog" picture of yours cracks me up EVERY TIME. laugh3
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks, Jules! Season change - Page 2 702150
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 pm

MissOleson wrote:
Ihave some pictures of my own of Holy Hill. I will have to dig them out one of these days and upload them to the computer and onto here. Then you can see how really amazing it is.

I'd love to see if you ever get a chance! Thumbsup

Rob, how beautiful!! Love We have some gorgeous colors down here too (Just saw Brendan over the weekend and the drive over to Kalamazoo was incredible!), so the drive up North would be absolutely glorious right now, I'm sure! yes
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Amy wrote:
MissOleson wrote:
Ihave some pictures of my own of Holy Hill. I will have to dig them out one of these days and upload them to the computer and onto here. Then you can see how really amazing it is.

I'd love to see if you ever get a chance! Thumbsup
Will do! I will have to make a thread of just the Holy Hill photos. I drove past there last weekend, in fact. It wasn't intentional. It was another one of my drives where I am going one place and then I make a wrong turn and I just keep on going in another direction. Smile Eventually I happened by there. The colors all around the area are kind of amazing right now. There are so many reds this year. And I really like that because it is something so different.

Love the pictures, Rob! Thumbsup This just makes me wish more that I would've happened to have had my camera with me last Saturday because the colors were so pretty on my drive (that was never meant to be a drive for me in the first place Smile ).

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Beautiful Pictures Rob, Fall is just about over here its been snowing all Day already gotcha

Season change - Page 2 Jacobk10Season change - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Love the photos, Rob. We have some color here, but it's still too warm. Unlike in North Dakota and Minnesota where they got up to 14 inches of snow.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05/14242237-snowstorm-hits-north-dakota-minnesota-dropping-up-to-14-inches-in-some-areas?lite

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Season change - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Season change - Page 2 25973 Beautiful pictures, Rob! Thank you for sharing them!

Cheryl, WOW!

Jacob! With the Somewhere in Time avatar, I totally thought that AMY had written your post, and I thought, "Wait..WHAT?? How come *I* didn't get any of the snow??"
Season change - Page 2 135245
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Season change - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 am

lol Lisa Laughing , Thanks for reminding me i have been meaning to change it Smile

Season change - Page 2 Jacobk10Season change - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Season change - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh, that wasn't a hint for you to change your avatar. I loved it! It just doesn't take a lot to confuse me. Season change - Page 2 702150

Here are a few shots of the color around my area:

This first one was taken from inside a vehicle - hence the super-dark blue at the top of the pic.Season change - Page 2 440956

Season change - Page 2 Img_0710

Season change - Page 2 Img_0711

Season change - Page 2 Img_0712

Season change - Page 2 Img_0713

Season change - Page 2 Img_0714
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Beautiful! I love those cobblestone roads. Love And the trees beyond the cornfields... wow!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Gorgeous! Here in Miami...nothing but green trees all year round. Ranting However, I can't complain...for the first time in weeks we had 3 sunny days in a row! That changed today though...back to the dark & gloomy rain.

Someday I will live in a place that has all 4 seasons!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Love the pictures, Lisa!

julmer70 wrote:
Gorgeous! Here in Miami...nothing but green trees all year round. Ranting However, I can't complain...for the first time in weeks we had 3 sunny days in a row! That changed today though...back to the dark & gloomy rain.

Someday I will live in a place that has all 4 seasons!
Come up to Wisconsin! We definitely have all 4 seasons! Thumbsup

Last edited by MissOleson on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

A Facebook friend posted this. Autumn at its peak on the AuSable River in northern Michigan.

Season change - Page 2 156634_534343403258176_614040109_n
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Uh, y'all mean coming up to spring and summer, don't you? batEyes

Season change - Page 2 Alexke11

Last edited by alexczarn on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Oh, that's a really pretty one, Rob!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks, MissOleson.

¡ǝɹǝɥ dn ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp s,ʇı `xǝlɐ

Season change - Page 2 811339
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season change   Season change - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season change
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next