Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My teeth

Go down 
+7
Savannah
Amy
Kamberley
HarrisonCrosby4387
Krissy
bethandmanly
Julia
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Goodsi10

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Good luck, Julia! My teeth - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Love-s10

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:37 pm

It'll be ok, Julia. yes Just rest up and you'll be all healed up in no time. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My teeth - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Happy010

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:38 am

Prayers going out, Julia. My teeth - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Goodsi10

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 am

Thinking of you today, Julia. My teeth - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Cloud910

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey everybody!

I am actually well enough to be online! Here is what all took place.

We had to wait a little longer. You have to be there 15 minutes earlier so since my surgery was scheduled for 12pm, we came at 11:45. I didn't get to go back there til 12:30 because of some problem someone was having. I tell you--the WAITING was almost like murder! I was SOOO SOOO nervous, hungry, and so thirsty. Finally they came back for me. They all are very nice. They put me on this table and immediately put laughing gas on my nose. It is supposed to relax you. Makes you a little light headed and dizzy too, but not much to noticed. I started feeling a little strange. It was harder to talk. They put the IV in and I really started saying off the wall stuff according to Mom and them. I remember speaking and how hard it was to speak, but not much what I said. It is amazing. One minute you are there, then the next in the recovery room. I don't even remember closing my eyes. Last thing I remember saying was something about my cousin Simon. Mom said while in the recovery room I kept asking if I still had an IV in me. She also said I was profusely shaking and shivering so much so that they brought in a blanket. I don't remember this, but she said I said I had to go to the bathroom so they took me there. She also said I spoke to the doctor and she and him were really impressed because I was saying really fancy and eloquent words you wouldn't expect people to say right after a surgery. We got my medication and I wanted to come in. (I think I was scarring people a bit because it does look a little odd having gauze and dried blood everywhere on your mouth and even neck! laugh3) Just as we finished getting the meds, we were walking out and I started feeling like I would faint so I went to the bathroom for a few minutes to recollect myself and strength. Mom stopped by Arby's to pick me a milkshake to go plus a roast beef sandwich when I could eat because I love those. We got home and I remember laying on the sofa, turning it on to watch one of my favorite shows then I obviously fell asleep. Mom said she tried to wake me up several time but I didn't. I ended up waking on my own, changing my clothes and sat up on the sofa. The resulted in scarring her to pieces nearly when she walked back in the living room! I was sooo hungry because by this time it had almost been 24 hours since my last food intake. I stood up to get something out of my room and all of the sudden my hearing went weird and I collapsed on the floor but still somewhat awake. Mom had to help me. After that I was fine. I have stuffed myself so full of food. Good news is that I don't have to eat completely liquids because I can chew on my other side. They also didn't have to put a drain in! Smile So far I have had NO pain even after the numbness went. Only thing that hurt at first was the stitches but now they aren't even bothering me. Momma said I have just shocked her at how well I am doing. I owe it all to God and all the people's prayers who were praying for me. You just don't know how much I appreciate and am SO grateful to you all! Smiley Hug Love loveheart

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

My teeth - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Bokmal10

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 am

Og, Julia! You made me LAUGH! laugh3 ROTFL I know it's not funny to go though a surgery, and much less inside the mouth. We are all or almost all of us a little scared right before the surgery...and it's great you could made a su hilarious account of what happened to you before and after they were having your teeth pulled off.

I loved your little funny account, consdiering that some of the moments you wrote about could have been not so funny. Smile

But now; all this is an old story. Surgery is now BEHIND you...What a great thing to know it, isn't it? batEyes

Vanesa.

My teeth - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 am

Glad to hear it went well, Julia, and that you're feeling ok! I'm sure your mom has some good laughing gas stories----I know my son thinks he remembers all the things he said and did after the surgery was over, but I know he doesn't. It was pretty entertaining! greenS
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Purple2

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm

So happy everything went well for you, Julia. 4 years ago, I had to have 3 fillings done and I had laughing gas to put me under enough to where I wasn't completely knocked out, but enough to where I wouldn't feel anything. All I remember was getting covered with a blanket and closing my eyes. Next thing I remember was the dental assistant telling me the dentist was almost done. I don't remember waking up, but I do remember the hygentist walking me out to the waiting room and my dad had pulled the car up out in front of the buliding. I don't remember the ride home. I do remember laying down and sleeping for at least 2 or 3 hours. I hate going to the dentist. I don't know why I get so nervous. I hope you feel better soon and not suffer any pain. God Bless.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : My teeth - Page 2 Cloud910

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 am

Wow! I am just now seeing and getting back to this post! Thank you all and I too am happy it went well. Now the only problem is getting my braces. I was denied for them today. (We are having to get them a different way because of financial issues.) You can send them an appeal though so we are doing that because I am tired of biting my tongue, lips, and not being able to say certain words properly anymore because of my uncorrected bite. Please say a prayer that they will grant the appeal. Thank you!

(By the way I was re-reading my last post on this thread and noticed some grammar errors. I wrote that the day of my surgery so I think I was still a bit groggy! HeeHee )

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

My teeth - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Praying for you, Julia! Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

My teeth - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Praying it will work out for you, Julia.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:21 pm

I hope you'll be able to get them, Julia. I know they are crazy expensive!! Yikes (Be sure to check lots of different orthodontists...some are more willing to work with clients than others).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My teeth   My teeth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My teeth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2