Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?

Go down 
+14
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
julmer70
Kamberley
Amy
Debbie
bethandmanly
Deem714
Krissy
Joe
Vanesa
MissOleson
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Headac10

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah,It's actreal very nice.Not being buged by that one person you don't care to chat with lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Facebook is a tool. If used correctly it is a wonderful thing.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Very true Joe!

There is this one chick on my list that always brags about her little boy. Now she just had another son. Anyway, she gets on my last nerve posting about her kids every 5 minutes. I don't care that little Johnny (not his real name) can't get to sleep, is having a bad day, went potty for the first time, ate all his peas etc. etc. It's just annoying and no one cares. I love kids and I am happy when things go well for her boys, but I don't need to keep reading about them. Ugh sorry but it really bugs me, lol. Another thing that makes me sick is when people brag about their significant others like I love Jack so much he is the best boyfriend in the world. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am just a big jerk, lol.

I also had a guy on there hit on me and say some very gross things. I blocked him in a flash. It also irks me when people argue over Facebook. If they try to argue with me I just ignore them. Facebook is really a place to see just how many psychos are out there. But as Joe said it can be a great place too like connecting with old friends from school and such. I am also on some very nice groups about my former high school.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 pm

After my rant just a few minutes later, that chick just bragged about how some lady thought her boys were just so wonderful. Ugh. I should just delete her.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 pm

I don't even go into Facebook that much anymore. I only go in there to check and see if anyone is having a birthday, so I can wish them a good day (I of course don't have to do that with my really close friends). I also go in there to finish up some "words with friends" games that I have going with a few people. As soon as I do that, I sign right out! I'm not posting...or reading...any more statuses. I'm taking a break from it, big time!

This place is a lot more fun... LoveSite
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Joe wrote:

I really agree with you. One thing that ticks me off is the repost this, that, or share this, that, for such and such.

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

julmer70 wrote:

This place is a lot more fun... Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 2643432155

I love this site, too.
Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 6472
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm glad you are enjoying it so much here, Julie! Smile

I do spend a little time on facebook, but not much. I much prefer to be here. Love

(And Beckie....the bragging is an issue for me too. You see it a LOT on facebook. People can do whatever on their own page---I get it. But I know how I view it when I see others bragging about their kids, so I personally don't do it. If I do, you can bet it must be something really special. grinsmiley But I have older boys, who would pretty much have my hide if I DID brag about them online. HeeHee I try really hard not to embarrass them. Wouldn't want them to unfriend their own mom! Yikes Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Joe wrote:

Agrees

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 am

yes. It's a tool, and as a tool, it could be great. But some people mistakes Facebook as if it was LIFE itself. They lives thourough Facebook... scratchead

Vanesa.

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 am

Great point, Miss Vanesa.
I warn everyone that wants to be my 'friend' on facebook in advance that they may delete me because I speak my mind. Only two people have.....so far. Smiley Hug
There is the 'real' world, the 'internet' world and my 'world'. All three have their space and sometimes they align.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 am

I know what you mean,That sounds annoying becky.My friend on FB always making posts about how much she loves her hubby and how wounderful he is. But ya ppl post things that i really don't care to here about.

I had this chick on my friends list who would send me and my friend a comment everyday.Talking about the same things each day.If we didn't answer her right away she get annoyed at us asking."How come you didn't answer me yet","Don't you wanna chat", "Where did you go".She bug us to post pics on her wall all the time.I finally couldn't take it anymore.So i just said something and she deleted me and her friend.I felt kind of bad but she just expected 24 hours attention.Got too much/

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm

She sounded really obsessive Krissy.

What bothers me is when complete strangers send me friend requests. Just because we may have mutual friends or likes, does not mean I know you.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 pm

I have an old co-worker who takes her kids to every event she can & tries to get them on the news. scratchead So she brags about it A LOT. I also have a friend who is on a diet & she talks about it NON STOP. Facebook offers this hide function which I LOVE! Go to the right hand side of the friend's post & click Hide & then you can choose to Hide all stories from friend who posts to Facebook how much weight she has lost since she posted it 36 hours ago. It's great because you don't have to un-friend anyone but you also don't have to read their nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:24 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
She sounded really obsessive Krissy.

What bothers me is when complete strangers send me friend requests. Just because we may have mutual friends or likes, does not mean I know you.

Yeah,Think she was too.

I know what you mean.I get random friendsrequest too from ppl from some FB groups i've joined

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Kamberley wrote:
I have an old co-worker who takes her kids to every event she can & tries to get them on the news. scratchead So she brags about it A LOT. I also have a friend who is on a diet & she talks about it NON STOP. Facebook offers this hide function which I LOVE! Go to the right hand side of the friend's post & click Hide & then you can choose to Hide all stories from friend who posts to Facebook how much weight she has lost since she posted it 36 hours ago. It's great because you don't have to un-friend anyone but you also don't have to read their nonsense.

I've done that with some ppl too.. Smile This one girl like spamed my page daily with pictures.... Yikes

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 pm

I've had to "hide" a lot of posts lately...mostly all the POLITICAL ones. I don't care which party...it's ANNOYING either way! banghead
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 am

What julmer70 said. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 am

ThankGoodness you can hide ppl from your list

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 am

I have facebook but I doubt I'd use it much if I didn't have so many out-of-state friends. I hardly interact with friends in the area... I just don't see the point of doing so. I'd much rather talk to them face-to-face.

I too don't understand the people who post zillions of photos of themselves... it's almost as though they have confidence issues and need people to reassure them they they look awesome.
If I happen to upload photos of people I generally leave them up for two weeks and then delete them. There's no need for people to have 500+ photos of themselves... plus... there are way too many creeps out there. I don't care how tight your privacy is. A hacker will still get in.

And as mentioned, the political ads are *so* annoying. They don't help either cause and if anything just alienates a person from politics. Actually an image/post that is spouting about a person's belief is annoying, especially when they inform a person that they're full of hate because he is opposed to a cause. Just because someone thinks something is wrong does not mean that they hate the people who think it's right.

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm

I have more pics of my cat on FB then myself.lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 135245
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Smile haha

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 135245 That's true, you do! I'm glad that you have a few pictures of yourself up, Krissy. It's nice to be able to picture the person I'm talking to.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Lisa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 135245 That's true, you do! I'm glad that you have a few pictures of yourself up, Krissy. It's nice to be able to picture the person I'm talking to.

Thank you!!!!.I'll try and post more up sometime

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?   Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I Really the Only One NOT on Facebook?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next