Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soaps?

Go down 
+6
Misti
Shell
Debbie
Carol
Krissy
julmer70
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Soaps? - Page 2 Love-s10

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm

I haven't watched it for a loooong time, but my curiosity is definitely up as to what is going on with this despicable storyline!HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Soaps? - Page 2 Happy010

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm

You DON'T want to know! They totally ruined Sharon Case's character for good!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Any GH fans out there? Yesterday's episode was FANTASTIC...the best it has been in a long time. However, I wanted to share this scene with you. It's a scene with Kathleen Gati and Kelly Thiebaud, who play mother and daughter. Kathleen Gati is so evil in this, but I love her! She is a major scene stealer and she's hilarious. Check out what she says at around the 1:35 mark when she learns of her new grandson's name. Only people 40 and over (or MJ fans) will truly get this! When I saw this last night, I laughed out loud! Remember, it's right around 1:35...but the whole scene in general is fabulous!

An
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 am

Y&R fans: Anyone as disgusted w/the current Delia storyline as I am? mad Love Blue 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Soaps? - Page 2 Goodsi10

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 am

My mom watches it, and I'm semi-aware of some of the plots.  What's happening with Delia? Also, who's Delia? HeeHee  I mostly just know the old-timers, like Victor, Jack, Nikki, Lauren and Paul.

Last edited by Rob on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 am

They just killed her off! mad 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 am

Ah! And who is she? (See amended post above.)
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 pm

She's Chloe's daughter. Also Billy Abbott's daughter (Jill's granddaughter, Jack's niece, and she's also Esther's grandaughter). Her character is only about 5 or 6 years old! I hate it when soaps kill kids! Very sad storyline...
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Gotta admit I don't know who Chloe is.  And is Billy Abbott Jack's son? Ah, I guess not. If Delia is Billy's daughter and Jack's niece, I guess that would make Billy his brother.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes, Billy is Jack, Ashley, and Tracy Abbott's half-brother. He is the son of John Abbott and Jill Foster. Chloe is actually Kate, Esther's daughter. Esther is (or was) Mrs. Chancellor's maid.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Oh! Who is Chloe's father? And yup, I know Esther. She's like Homer Simpson - been wearing the same clothes for 25 years. HeeHee 
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:54 pm

ROTFL LOL @ Ester! Now that, I have no idea...who Chloe's father is. I started watching the show in the mid 90's, so I have no idea. However, I do know Katherine Chancellor helped deliver Chloe/Kate.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Wow! Go, Kay!

Oh, Victor has a son named Adam, right? Do you know who Adam's mother is? And why is there so much animosity between him and Victor?
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Adam is Victor's son...Hope...one of Victor's many ex-wives, was his mother (she was blind). As for the animosity between him and Victor...that's a really, really long story...but it basically started because of Adam's anger and resentment towards Victor. Victor was not a father to Adam growing up (per Hope's request) and Adam has always resented that, and how he was a father to his other kids. He did a lot of bad deeds when he came to town, and now, he's still not that great, but we now see a gentler side of him. Victor is no saint either! Oh, speaking of Adam, it looks like he's the one responsible for Delia's death. Michael Muhney, who plays Adam, is an amazing actor! Although Billy Miller (who plays Billy Abbott) was killing it yesterday in his scenes.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks. And who is (was) Delia's mother?
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Chloe/Kate.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Oh! You had already mentioned that up above. Ooops 
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

It's okay...so much info it gets confusing after a while! LOL
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:50 am

Y&R fans...I'm sure by now you've heard there's a real soap opera going on behind the scenes over there! Actor Michael Muhney was let go last month, and his last airdate will be on Jan. 30th. I was saddened to hear about this, as not only is he my favorite actor on the show, but in my opinion, no one else can play Adam Newman (the role will be re-cast in a few months). I, along with many other fans, were outraged and have been signing petitions, etc. to get him re-instated.

However, there have now been rumors that have come to light regarding the reason for his firing. I'm not going to mention those reasons here, as this is a family forum and it is not appropriate to talk about here. However, the fans know exactly what I'm talking about, and I for one hope those rumors aren't true. I really like MM as not only an actor, but as a person. I have e-mailed/tweeted with him a couple of times and he's been nothing but nice. He's also a family man (wife and 3 kids) and it would devastate me to think these rumors are true (sadly, it's starting to sound that way).

So what I want to know, do you guys think it's true? What do you think of this whole mess? Oh, I also heard the actors on the show are now divided over this (some are on his side, some are not). Real-life soap!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 am

My Mom watches Y&R every day, and I've been kinda-sorta paying attention.  I'm a little hazy on some of the younger characters, because everybody under 30 looks alike to me.  Smile 

I've read about the Michael Muhney situation.  I guess the most damning thing is that he hasn't (as far as I know) denied Hunter King's allegations.

Do you think they'll recast Adam?  Things seem to be coming to a head in the Delia storyline, so the character might soon be... disposable.

One thing, Jules:  What caused the rift between Victor and Adam?
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 am

Michael tweeted this 2 days ago:

Benjamin Franklin said it best, "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."

Then he tweeted this yesterday:

...and that quote doesn't only apply to what is being said about ME. It also applies to others. Please be kind to everyone. #respect

I don't know if this is his way of denying what allegedly happened. Maybe he's being advised not to say anything (I'm sure Hunter is too). Right now there is just too much speculation. I don't know if "innocent until proven guilty" even applies anymore.

Whatever the case, I feel bad for Hunter King. I hear she's being attacked by MM fans on twitter. Many co-stars are supporting her, and Joshua Morrow (her tv dad, one of them anyway, lol) is asking people to please stop harrassing her. The whole situation is getting very, very ugly.

What I find really sad about this situation is the fact that this scandal is a lot more interesting than the actualy story lines on Y&R right now!

As for Victor and Adam...there has been an on and off rift between them for years...but the latest is basically because Adam backstabbed Victor by having Jack be some kind of 'silent partner' over at Newman enterprises, w/o Victor's knowledge. Victor is now blackmailing Adam.

Oh, and according to the show's EP (aka, 'soap killer') Jill Farren Phelps, the role of Adam will eventually be re-cast in a few months. That's sad! I can't see anyone else in that role.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Soaps? - Page 2 Love-s10

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm an 'old' fan....I haven't seen the show in ages, but I was curious enough to google the names.

My feeling is, the Y&R staff handled this the only way they could...I mean, how do you prove this kind of thing? I'm not sure they had any choice but to take her word for it.  If they didn't, people who believe HER would say that they are not supportive of womens' issues/rights, and that this could happen again in the future.  If this is being made up about him, then this is just a very sad situation all the way around.  

I would think that what he wrote would serve as his indirect denial too, Julie.  I honestly doubt he'd admit to it though, if it were true, you know?  

Rob, you sound like my dad...he was always 'around' when my mom had her soaps on---Y&R was one of her favorites.  My dad totally used to make fun of Victor. HeeHee  But it was funny...he knew all the names of the key people on this soap especially, because they would eat lunch together and he'd 'kind of' watch it.  Too cute.  My mom was hilarious---she would shorten everyone's names, as if they were best friends.  "Barbara" on As the World Turns was "Barb", for example. HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 pm

I know Amy, I doubt he'd admit it if it was. I really, really hope it's not true...but then again, if it's not, what kind of person would make something like this up? I know there are a lot of cases when a woman does make that up, and it's sad...especially since lies like that don't help REAL victims. I'm actually hoping someone from CBS can make some kind of statement. I'm not taking sides, because no one really knows what happened. Right now I feel bad for both parties involved, but especially feeling bad for Michael's wife and children.

The fact that most of the cast members are supporting her though doesn't look good for him... Blue 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Amy wrote:
My dad totally used to make fun of Victor. HeeHee

greenS My dad used to do a great Victor imitation.  Once during an argument (probably with Nikki), Victor shouted, "You dare speak to me of LOVE??"  (I'm sure you can hear it in Victor's voice.)  That line tickled my dad, and he'd trot it out on special occasions.  HeeHee
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:51 pm

I like when Victor pretty much makes a threat, and he ends the sentence with "You Got That?" That's become his trademark! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soaps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaps?   Soaps? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soaps?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next