Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Natural remedies for headaches?

Go down 
+6
Krissy
Kamberley
JW
Shell
Rhonda
Debbie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Purple2

Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 pm

I have most of those happening to me, and I don't deal with migraines. Yikes

Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Rhonda10Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Lisa wrote:
Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 135245 Oh my goodness! Amy, that link! I'm very blessed to have (mostly) understanding people in my life. The only one of those slides that I wouldn't really agree with is #10...I don't mind at all when people offer suggestions to me - and I've suffered from migraines my entire adult life. I've done as much research as I can, but hey - if something works for someone else, I'm MORE than willing to try it, if it's safe, and I appreciate their concern.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that one. I can see how some people might get sick of chronic suggestions, but most people who have suffered from these will try just about anything that's safe, like you were saying.

Lisa wrote:
I had no idea that the government offers disability to those with migraines! I can understand why, though. It really is completely debilitating. If it's a mild one, I can sometimes get through work with it, but often it knocks me unconscious with no warning. And if you're getting them on a regular basis, what company is going to keep an employee who is regularly missing work?

That came as a shock to me too! But I agree with you, it makes sense! These things knock a person completely flat! Blue
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm still having a few issues... Last Saturday I noticed that I had some swollen lymph nodes in the back of my head and neck. They are still swollen today (1 week later).. I went to the Dr. last week and she can't seem to find anything wrong with me.... She said maybe the swollen nodes and headache could be related to a dental problem. I hope that is all it is, I would be SOOO relieved... Also, the hubby and I are planning on starting a family very soon so she prescribed me prenatal vitamins.. I'm unsure if I should start these now, or wait until conception.. Any help / advice would be appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are still having some issues. Hopefully you feel better soon. I have never had children, so I'm not sure when the best time to start taking the vitamins.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:23 pm

You can start on the prenatals anytime....I know women who take them without any plans for getting pregnant. They are good for your hair and nails, so lots of people take them. Best of luck!

Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 36_1_66

Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Rhonda10Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:50 am

I had worse migraine headache, so badly. That I was so nauseated, I threw up my lunch. I had other migraine on Christmas Day, then this pass Friday. I sometimes will take pain medication for the headache. But, didn't work out. So, I read about headaches. Someone left a comment saying, put the ice pack behind your neck, by hairline. While laying down. So, I did that. I lay down on my bed, put the cold ice pack behind my neck. (The ice pack was in pillow case.) My headache went away. When I woke up from my nap. I had slight headache. Then, went complete away in the evening. From now on, if I have a headache. Is get a ice pack put it behind my neck, by hairline. I guess, I was doing it wrong. Cause, usually, I'll put the ice pack on my forehead. Sometimes the headache won't go away until late evening.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural remedies for headaches?   Natural remedies for headaches? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Natural remedies for headaches?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2