Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So they say milk is no longer good for you?

Go down 
+5
Honeybee
Savannah
Shell
Rob
Krissy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Headac10

So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Empty
PostSubject: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Well what do you think? I like milk. I drink it about every day. Okay maybe chocolate milk not really good for you. Or milkshakes.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy-living/harvard-doctor-refutes-milk-recommendations-185215063.html

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 pm

I love milk, too.  I drink lowfat 1/2%, and I ain't gonna stop. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I liked 2% milk. Been drinking it all my life. Used to it. Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 pm

I used to drink 2%, but then I tried 1/2% and realized I couldn't tell the difference, so I switched to that.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:49 pm

I see, Cool. I've tired 1% milk before don't really like it. but i'd drink sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Purple2

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't like milk. I only use it for cooking. I always thought, milk is good for you, but at the same time bad for you because of the calories and sugar.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 pm

This kind of thing changes so often. One week they'll tell you something is REALLY good for you, then the next week a new study says that it'll kill you. I think the key is just plain ol' moderation. If you don't have TOO much of it, it's likely not going to be TOO bad for you. And I'm not convinced that milk is bad for you. I'll keep right on sipping my moo-juice. Wink
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Lisa wrote:
This kind of thing changes so often. One week they'll tell you something is REALLY good for you, then the next week a new study says that it'll kill you. I think the key is just plain ol' moderation. If you don't have TOO much of it, it's likely not going to be TOO bad for you. And I'm not convinced that milk is bad for you. I'll keep right on sipping my moo-juice. Wink

I agree, In all do respect I think parents would rather have children drinking milk then soda. that is very true indeed lisa. either am i.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Good point, Krissy. Thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Smile In all honesty. I for a while didn't like drinking milk. Then when I changed brands of milk I started liking it again.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 pm

I've noticed there are some brands that taste a little... chalky.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Rob wrote:
I've noticed there are some brands that taste a little... chalky.

True. I drink Natrel milk it taste much better then the regular 2% milk.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 am

That's weird. On my news, the other day. They said, drink more milk 3 times a day. I love chocolate milk.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Confus10

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 am

I don't like milk I only have it in tea.

So they say milk is no longer good for you?  PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:38 am

Buttercup wrote:
That's weird. On my news, the other day. They said, drink more milk 3 times a day. I love chocolate milk.

That is weird how you get too different stories on milk. I would say maybe drinking too much chocolate milk is not good for you. I don't really agree with this. I like chocolate milk too.Smile 

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 pm

I recently switched from 1% to skim. I don't drink a lot of milk, usually have it more in things, but I don't mind it. Anything in moderation is my plan.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Ohok. That is true to that.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:14 pm

I have seen many reports about some saying it is good, some saying it is bad... like you guys said... moderation is the key!
I buy 2% milk. I only drink it when making a protein shake in the morning with milk or if I eat cereal, I use a little bit of it, I cannot drink it in a glass by itself. Don't like it that way lol - unless it's chocolate milk! greenS 

So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:49 am

I love chocolate milk. Smile  Oh I see.Smile 

Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Confus10

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am

I don't think we should let the news tell us what we are and what we are not to eat.

You eat what's best for you some say milk is good for you some say its not it changes everyday.

So I say if you like milk drink it and enjoy it and if you don't like it then don't drink it.

So they say milk is no longer good for you?  PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 am

LHOTPfan2000 wrote:
I don't think we should let the news tell us what we are and what we are not to eat.

You eat what's best for you some say milk is good for you some say its not it changes everyday.

So I say if you like milk drink it and enjoy it and if you don't like it then don't drink it.

Yeah!Smile 

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 2:16 pm

I only have it in cereal. Or chocolate milk but I don't drink it very much at all. We drink skim. It tastes fine to me, like anything you get used to it after a while. Switched over to skim maybe 15 years or so ago when I started losing weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So they say milk is no longer good for you?    So they say milk is no longer good for you?  Empty

Back to top Go down

So they say milk is no longer good for you?
Page 1 of 1