Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Army Wives" on Lifetime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "Army Wives" on Lifetime Party010

"Army Wives" on Lifetime Empty
PostSubject: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 4:01 am

Does anyone here watch "Army Wives" on Lifetime Televison? I watch it, and I'm hooked! OMGoodness! I think this show is sooo great! Cheer
I didn't find anything about you guys talking about it when I searched, so...

A member of my forum and I can't get enough of it. It's got a lot of twists and turns that keeps you guessing what will happen next, and it also gives you an idea of what may actually go on with wives of men in the army. They show how the women can form close bonds and support each other through anything. There are also those messy wives who only want to gossip and cause crazy rumors, but that's just like civilian life. There's even one guy who is married to a woman in the army and he's found himself in the clique of wives that the show features.

There's one woman, Denise, who being physically abused by her teenage son, and she's kept the secret from her husband. Last week, her husband's copter went down and they don't know if he made it or not. Blue Another, Pam, kept a secret for nine months...that she was really pregnant by surrogacy and did this to get her family out of debt. But the truth came out when her friends had to help her deliver the twins. It was so funny because Pam is white and she had black twins. Her friends looked straight at Roland, the only black guy in the group of friends, and he said - "It wasn't me." LOL! Pam then explained about being a surrogate. All along, she'd planned to tell everyone the babies didn't survive when they'd ask about them, as she planned to deliver in a hospital off post and give them to the parents. But she didn't make it any farther than the bar where Roxy works, and she delivered on a pool table. So, her secret was out to that group. She was so upset that she had to give them to their parents. I felt bad for her.

I'd like to know what you think. There are some really sad moments Blue and some really funny ones too. grinsmiley

It airs Sunday nights at 9pm central time. I think it's the best night-time "soap" drama that's been on in ages.
happy1

"Army Wives" on Lifetime LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 8:33 pm

I did catch a couple of the episodes and have enjoyed them. It seems like an entertaining series. The women come from all walks of life, yet share the common bond of their experiences being military wives.

"Army Wives" on Lifetime PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 7:19 am

I watched this show for the first time, I believe it was this past weekend. They had a marathon on. So I was able to see it from the beginning. I really enjoyed the show. I can't tell you how real some of it is. I live that life everyday. There were a few parts that were a little too real, and I started to wonder if it was a good idea to watch it. But I did, and now I am hooked on the show. My son sat with me through the episode where the soldier took two hostages at the hospital. My son told me that he can't sit and watch a show like this because it is too hard for him. He just returned from Afghanistan. That's how real this show is. I am impressed with the actors and the writing for this show, most shows about the military are not very realistic. I will continue to watch as long as they keep it "real".

Chris Wave
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : "Army Wives" on Lifetime Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 6:49 am

it looks really good! i never watched it though!

"Army Wives" on Lifetime Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
"Army Wives" on Lifetime Cute-2
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "Army Wives" on Lifetime Party010

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 3:07 pm

It's an amazing show!

I've read articles and have seen interviews by real army wives, and they did say that it's very much on the mark with the real life. The show's producer gets inside information from the wives and add some of it to the show. That's the best way to do it, IMO.

I'm sorry that it's hard for some people to watch, but I'm glad it's showing us with the life can really be like.

"Army Wives" on Lifetime LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : "Army Wives" on Lifetime Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 7:34 pm

I dated a guy in the Navy and he was very untrustworthy. He treated me like crap. I'll never be able to date a military guy again. I know there are lots of them who are great guys, but I am afraid I will find one of the bad ones again. Plus it's to hard when/if they get deployed, you never know what could happen the them. Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Army Wives" on Lifetime   "Army Wives" on Lifetime Empty

Back to top Go down

"Army Wives" on Lifetime
Page 1 of 1