Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:06 pm

There is a update on tvshowsondvd.com it might not be realease in March not to sure now what's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:45 pm

I may buy it if it's a good deal. Will have to get a blue ray player.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 LittleHouseOnThePrarie_S1-DRE_BLU

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-Season-1-Deluxe-Remastered-Edition/19384

This is cool, but is it just me or do they look somewhat cartoon-ish? scratchead I guess I prefer the more realistic 'photographic' look of the originals.

Dave, that scene where Pa tells the girls to move behind the bed is on my Pilot dvd, within the movie.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
My DVDS have the  intro full on all Seasons.

Mine too. scratchead 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-Season-1-Deluxe-Remastered-Edition/19384

This is cool, but is it just me or do they look somewhat cartoon-ish? scratchead  I guess I prefer the more realistic 'photographic' look of the originals.

Dave, that scene where Pa tells the girls to move behind the bed is on my Pilot dvd, within the movie.

Was thinking the same too. Don't like the cover.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

This is cool, but is it just me or do they look somewhat cartoon-ish? scratchead  I guess I prefer the more realistic 'photographic' look of the originals.

Watch the whole scene Amy and see who walks thru the door.....................................................

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:13 pm

I actually like the cover - the colorful pic
Can't wait to get it! Although, I won't be able to take any screen caps because my computer does not play blu ray :(
I guess I can photograph the TV screen lol

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Carol wrote:
I actually like the cover - the colorful pic
Can't wait to get it!  Although, I won't be able to take any screen caps because my computer does not play blu ray :(
I guess I can photograph the TV screen lol

I'm in the same boat, so I ordered the DVD. On my Blu Ray TV DVD player, there isn't a dimes worth of difference between Blu Ray and DVD.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I have a portable dvd player, And a DVD player on the t.v. Which wouldn't play the blu ray disc. If I could buy a portable blu ray player that be cool.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm

No blu-ray here. I do just wish they would release new cast interviews from the 40th reunion. I know we have lost a lot of the cast but there are still a lot around too. IF they don't all come they could at least give an interview to put together for fans.

The cover of this new one has been pieced together I think. I have look through countless photos and never seen that one like that. ( Dave I'll punch you if you find it!) lol

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Think it came from this one with a few changes Gin.............
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Little11

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 pm

If they release other seasons I hope or wish they have the Little House Years when they tell Albert how they got to Walnut Grove. But it might not happen. I think I read years ago something about it was not part of NBC or something.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Watch the whole scene Amy and see who walks thru the door.....................................................

Ohhhhhhhhh!! laugh3  Sorry about that!  Laughing  Very clever. Wink 

Davetucson wrote:
I'm in the same boat, so I ordered the DVD. On my Blu Ray TV DVD player, there isn't a dimes worth of difference between Blu Ray and DVD.  

Well that is certainly good to know, but I am sorry.  What a disappointment, I'm sure. Blue 

Chris40 wrote:
If they release other seasons I hope or wish they have the Little House Years when they tell Albert how they got to Walnut Grove. But it might not happen. I think I read years ago something about it was not part of NBC or something.

Welcome Chris!  Can you elaborate on this?  I'm just not following...is this a specific episode you're talking about?  I'm not recalling where they tell Albert how they came to Walnut Grove and I'm really trying to rack my brain here.  I do know there were some 'movies' revolving around Albert, specifically with his last appearance, "Look Back to Yesterday"---is that what you're thinking of?  That is sold as an individual movie set (one of three on a dvd volume, I believe).
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm

It was in season 6 it was a 3 hour special and was at Thanksgiving time.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Chris40 wrote:
It was in season 6 it was a 3 hour special and was at Thanksgiving time.

"Little House on the Prairie" Thanksgiving clip show in which Laura Ingalls reminisces about the Ingalls' journeys and struggles during a family Thanksgiving gathering. November 1979

Intro to "The Little House Years"

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Oh, that's right! Gosh, I'd forgotten ALL about that! Thanks for the reminder! Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:19 pm

I am considering getting this. I still don't have any of the seasons but i don't have a Blu Ray player is it much better then DVD?

They have the DVDs available for pre order on amazon pretty good price too.  Smile 

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Prairie-Remastered-UltraViolet-Digital/dp/B00HVFA36I/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1391534244&sr=1-2&keywords=little+house+on+the+prairie+season+1+deluxe+remastered+edition+%2B+ultraviolet+digital+copy

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Jacobk10DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:54 pm

JW wrote:
I am considering getting this. I still don't have any of the seasons but i don't have a Blu Ray player is it much better then DVD?

They have the DVDs available for pre order on amazon pretty good price too.  Smile 

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Prairie-Remastered-UltraViolet-Digital/dp/B00HVFA36I/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1391534244&sr=1-2&keywords=little+house+on+the+prairie+season+1+deluxe+remastered+edition+%2B+ultraviolet+digital+copy

If you have a hi def TV with 1080p, and a Blu Ray player, Both DVD and Blu Ray are excellent. Blu Ray players really improve a regular DVD picture. To me, Blu Ray colors are a little more vivid, but on my Hi Def TV, the difference between the two isn't that great. With a Blu Ray, both pictures are really good.

Saw a Samsung Blu Ray player at Walmart for 69 bucks....Not Bad
DVD/Blu Ray also on Walmart sight at a good price....

Little House On The Prairie: Season One (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray)
Release Date: 03/25/2014

$18.96

List Price: $34.99

You save: $16.03 (46%)

Preorder

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:53 pm

I've been following the Little House threads at http://www.blu-ray.com/  Someone posted a link to Walmart for season 2 on Blu-ray.  It is listed as coming out on May 6.  

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-House-On-The-Prairie-Collector-s-Edition-Season-Two-Blu-ray-Digital-HD-Full-Frame/34478882

A couple screen shots from season 1 comparing the new hd version vs the old version have also been released.  

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/02/little-house-on-the-prairie-first-look-at-blu-ray-restoration.html

It looks like the 35mm film was scanned, but I hope they weren't overzealous with the digital noise reduction.  In the screen shots there is a lot more detail in Laura's eyes in the Blu-ray pic, but her freckles are harder to see. In the second picture, the stair case is much more visible and there is more detail on Charles' clothing.  In some comments I read, some people don't like the brightness of the second picture, but I didn't mind it and couldn't find any fault in that picture like I did with the harder to see freckles in the first picture.  

The article says that the image is sharper with imperfections removed.  I just hope they don't consider Laura's freckles an imperfection that had to be removed.  

I will definitely take the bad with the good and will be ordering this set.  I'm not going to bash this release based on two small screenshots.  Overall, there is a very slim chance of the negatives outweighing the positives when comparing this to the original dvd releases with their missing scenes and sometimes VHS level quality.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm

I don't really see to much differnces from it,

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:58 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I don't really see to much differnces from it,

You might consider seeing an Ophthalmologist Krissy! There's a BIG difference!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I am getting exciiiiiiiiiited!  Bliss

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:28 am

I haven't decided what excites me more. The picture quality or the restored scenes. Going to be fun to watch!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am

Before Blu Ray Restoration and After
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Little12
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Little13

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next