Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Pbucket

House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Season 8 blu ray Release Date and Season 9 DVD   House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Season 8, will be released on March 22nd on Blu Ray.

Season 9's release date is April 19 on DVD. Unfortunately, I will not be getting that season because, I cannot accept the absence of the Ingalls family leaving Walnut Grove. If I get it, I would do the same thing like I did to the other ones: Smash them against the kitchen floor! I'm sorry.

I have season 1-8 which is darn plenty for me.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Season 9 is probably my least favorite season, but it's still a great season in my opinion. Looking forward to getting it! Thumbsup

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 am

CarrieandCassandraFan wrote:
Season 8, will be released on March 22nd on Blu Ray.

Season 9's release date is April 19 on DVD. Unfortunately, I will not be getting that season because, I cannot accept the absence of the Ingalls family leaving Walnut Grove. If I get it, I would do the same thing like I did to the other ones: Smash them against the kitchen floor! I'm sorry.

I have season 1-8 which is darn plenty for me.

Yes, I too was on the disappointed side.  When I watched each season as they originally aired, season 9 just didn't feel the same.  But all of us fans who watched Little House from the beginning, got hooked on the series.  We had a vested interest.  Whatever we got out of it...at least  it surely reinforced our family values.  It gave us a healthy experience of bringing out emotions that we needed to feel.  So, if season 9 didn't quite live up to our expectations.....that's OK..... It served its purpose as a contrast to the earlier seasons....making us appreciate them EVEN more !
Wink
Back to top Go down
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Pbucket

PostSubject: Season 8 Blue Ray and Season 9 DVD News   House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 am

Season 8, of Little House on the Prairie (Blu Ray) will hit stores on March 22nd.

Little House: A New Beginning is the continuation of the series and it was coined "SEASON 9". The DVD Version, will be released on April 19.

Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing A New Beginning because, I would talk about my DVD smashing stories.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Toby wrote:
Good news.  Season 8 is being released on Blu-ray on March 22 and season 9 is being released on Blu-ray and DVD on April 19.

Thumbsup Thumbsup

I hear the Blu-ray versions of Season 7 - 9 will NOT have a sleeve like the others.  Also, the Menu is different.
Also... since my mom listens to them in Spanish, it's bad news for me because I hear that the Spanish audio sync is a little off in the BluRay versions...  No

House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 am

Carol wrote:
Toby wrote:
Good news.  Season 8 is being released on Blu-ray on March 22 and season 9 is being released on Blu-ray and DVD on April 19.

Thumbsup Thumbsup

I hear the Blu-ray versions of Season 7 - 9 will NOT have a sleeve like the others.  Also, the Menu is different.
Also... since my mom listens to them in Spanish, it's bad news for me because I hear that the Spanish audio sync is a little off in the BluRay versions...  No

The above is true for season seven. Hopefully they heard the complaints and will make sure the Spanish audio sync is right for seasons 8 and 9.

Lionsgate almost stopped the Blu-ray releases after season six until everybody on Amazon complained, so they decided to put the last three seasons on Blu-ray as cheaply as possible and allow them to be sold exclusively on Amazon. The video and audio quality is still great, but by cheaply, I mean no slipcovers, a basic menu instead of the beautiful motion menus of the first six seasons, and no digital codes. So I'm guessing seasons 8 and 9 will also have no slipcover, no digital code, and basic menus. The Spanish audio being out of sync was a quality control issue where an employee using the software didn't sync it up correctly before mastering the discs, and it should be able to be corrected for the last two seasons. Hopefully they will also correct it on future printings of the season seven discs, but I haven't heard anything about that yet.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:37 pm

I got the season 8 Blu-ray today and right before they start singing Onward Christian Soldiers near the end of The Last Farewell, the sound goes really low where you can barely hear it and it stays low throughout the song. Can somebody who bought the remastered DVDs of season 8 let me know if the remastered DVD has the same issue with The Last Farewell? I'm trying to figure out if it was a remastering issue or a Blu-ray only issue.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I have the DVD and it does seem that the song gets kind of quiet. But I don't remember how it was on the older DVDs.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 3:42 am

From what I've read, it is loud and prominent on the older DVDs just like it is when broadcast on television. I also read that it sounds fine when you switch to the Spanish audio track, so I will probably check that out later.
Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:49 am

I received my blu-ray season 8 yesterday. I can confirm that the Spanish and French selection plays the audio fine during the singing of Onward Christian Soldiers.  I guess the good news is that they sing it in English.  So if you absolutely have to hear it louder......just pause it when you get to that part and
go to the language menu.....select either French or Spanish.....then play movie again......Mine starts off at the same place where I paused it.  Thankfully, it's at the end.
 Maybe other options would be to wait for a POSSIBLE replacement disc.....or if you dabble in video/audio editing....you could join the two parts together.
mad
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Jillybean

Mood : House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:17 am

Has anyone discovered any deleted scenes from Season 8 episodes? I haven't received my blu-ray yet. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:37 pm

I finally ordered season 8 through amazon. I bought a used version. I ordered it today. I was a bit conserned about ordering the used pack, but it say it was hardly used and in great conditon and will play. I hope so. I feel uneasy at times buying used dvd's and video games, but I have never had any problems. I can hardly wait to see missing scenes and the missing scenes from the 2 movies included. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm going to wait to order season 9. I can hardly wait to get sesaon 8 in the mail and see the missing scenes and the missing scenes from the 2 movies. I will wait until after season 9 to watch the movies. The only 2 I don't like from season 8 are A Wiser Heart and A Farway Cry. I always have tissues near by when I watch the movies. Hearing Albert is dying saddens me and so does when they blow up the buildings.
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 am

I'm new here and I just ordered the Complete Remastered DVD Boxset (not Blu Ray). Without having to read everything to compare the DVD boxset has the same extras as the Blu Rays I'm assuming? I'm mostly interested in Season 4-7. Hope I've made the right choice as I don't want to buy a new Blu Ray player right now.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 5:44 am

Yes, the remastered DVDs have the same extras as the Blu-Rays. Smile Good Choice!

Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:46 am

Amazon just emailed me about Season 9 Blu-ray.  They said I should expect estimated arrival date: April 25, 2016 - April 29, 2016   Let's hope that we all can share the same enthusiasm with the possible new Little House movie coming out.
grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 am

Charles Angles wrote:
Amazon just emailed me about Season 9 Blu-ray.  They said I should expect estimated arrival date: April 25, 2016 - April 29, 2016   Let's hope that we all can share the same enthusiasm with the possible new Little House movie coming out.
grinsmiley
Cool.  I seriously hope though that there aren't new extras on it because I'm concerned that I will have to buy the whole thing all over again.

I just got the boxset last night and started to watch, it's so cool watching as an adult because I can see all the stuff I missed when I was a kid and didn't realize was actually a part of the real Laura's life. There are very small things though that I've noticed so far.
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:56 pm

reneerose wrote:
Charles Angles wrote:
grinsmiley
Cool.  I seriously hope though that there aren't new extras on it because I'm concerned that I will have to buy the whole thing all over again.

I just got the boxset last night and started to watch, it's so cool watching as an adult because I can see all the stuff I missed when I was a kid and didn't realize was actually a part of the real Laura's life.  There are very small things though that I've noticed so far.

The only extras on the remastered versions are the original screen test with Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert, the six part Little House Phenomenon documentary and the three movies made after season nine.  Whether you buy all the seasons on Blu-ray or DVD or buy the DVD boxset, you get all the extras.  The only way you miss out on any extras is if you buy the series on digital because the screen test, the three movies, and the last three parts of the documentary haven't been released on digital.
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 4:09 am

Toby wrote:
reneerose wrote:
Charles Angles wrote:
grinsmiley

I just got the boxset last night and started to watch, it's so cool watching as an adult because I can see all the stuff I missed when I was a kid and didn't realize was actually a part of the real Laura's life.  There are very small things though that I've noticed so far.

The only extras on the remastered versions are the original screen test with Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert, the six part Little House Phenomenon documentary and the three movies made after season nine.  Whether you buy all the seasons on Blu-ray or DVD or buy the DVD boxset, you get all the extras.  The only way you miss out on any extras is if you buy the series on digital because the screen test, the three movies, and the last three parts of the documentary haven't been released on digital.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it ever so much! I'm finding certain of the episodes on some discs look better than the others...."Author Author" on the Season 6 disc looked a bit washed out and not as sharp in the picture...I guess the digital copies might be a bit better?
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:10 pm

I finally got season 8 today. I can't really tell if any of the missing scenes are there.
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:01 pm

reneerose wrote:
Thanks for the info!  I appreciate it ever so much! I'm finding certain of the episodes on some discs look better than the others...."Author Author" on the Season 6 disc looked a bit washed out and not as sharp in the picture...I guess the digital copies might be a bit better?

Author, Author looks clear in Digital HD, but the colors do seem to be a tad bit faded compared to the episode before it.  Caroline's blue eyes don't seem as blue as normal.  Digital HD will generally give you a clearer video than DVD, but Blu-ray has the best overall quality because it's not as compressed as Digital HD.  Here is a link from a different season that shows you the difference between DVD and Digital HD. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=138024

The Blu-rays, Digital Copies, and DVDs are from the same source, so if the colors in the film source of an episode are faded, all three formats will show it.  

Below shows the difference in Caroline's eyes between Faith Healer and Author, Author.

Caroline in Faith Healer (Digital HD)
House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Lh110

Caroline in Author, Author (Digital HD)
House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Lh210
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 am

Wow...good comparisons, thanks so much! Helps us videophiles! :)
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 pm

I just ordered LHOTP season 9 today... I should get it in a week! yesss

Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 am

I just realized the remastered box set doesn't have the Thanksgiving special movie? I thought there was one movie where Adam and Mary visited again during Thanksgiving....I think it was one of those retrospective clip/flashback type of specials...I guess these are not on the remastered box set? I'm just discovering/remembering stuff watching through the sets...
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Do Seasons 7, 8 & 9 Blu Ray versions have also codes to STREAM EPISODES ONLINE?

House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    House - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next