Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waltons

Go down 
+26
littlehouselover
Praire Girl
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Lori
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Teresa
Honeybee
alexczarn
amyk
bethandmanly
Krissy
jes9
pat1964
Joe
LIWnut
JW
Rob
Julia
Amy
Gin
pamh36
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
Debbie
Savannah
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Innoce10

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Amy wrote:
You know, I never cared for the Waltons as a kid, but now that I'm older, I kind of feel like giving it another try. I just think that my perspective might be different.....it's not really 'my era' of choice (I much prefer pioneer shows, Victorian era, or Edwardian era), but perhaps I can open my mind up to it. I remember, of all the characters, I liked the two old ladies the most. HeeHee

Oh good, I won't be confined to the town pillory for saying 'I also did not care for The Waltons' also. Before posting this I wondered why I didn't find the show appealing. But Amy, I think you nailed it for me. The shows era was set (if I remember correctly) in the 30's depression.
At the time the show aired, my dads mother, Regina, was living with our family. Oh the stories I could tell!! Living with the parent of one of YOUR parents was wonderful for me. She taught me so much.
She loved the Waltons and Little House. We watched them together sometimes. But I always enjoyed the shenanigans of Nellie and Harriet over the stories told in the Waltons.
I'm thinking of her right now. Its weird how a simple smell or taste, sound or comment can bring back the past. Thank you Amy.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm

My mother loves this show..To be honest and not being rude but i alway's found this show a bit boring..but mybe i will get into it one day.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:50 am

Yesterday I watched the eppie in the first season called The Ceremony which guest starred Radames Pera. He plays a Jewish boy who is having a Bar mitzvah. As I was watching him during the ceremony, I was amazed how much he looked like the little cartoon character whom we see every Christmas in The Little Drummer Boy. For those of you who have the season 1 dvd, watch and see if you don't think the same thing. My favourite Christmas special is The Little Drummer Boy. I just love it.
Radames did a great job in the eppie. He had to use a German accent and also had to sing in Hebrew. It must have taken him forever to learn his lines. Is Radames Jewish?

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 MarilynKeeper reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pat1964
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:41 am

"The Waltons" is my other favorite family drama after LHOTP of course. I grew up in the '70s with both shows and have been hooked on the reruns. Both are great shows with good,solid values that are sadly missing from most shows today.

I've attended Walton cast reunions in Virginia and might go to this year's event. Everybody from the show I've met is very kind and gracious.

I hope I attend a LHOTP event as well.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Cool, I'd love to see some picture from the cast reunions, if you care to share any here.

Back to top Go down
pat1964
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm

I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: The Waltons on Hallmark Channel   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 am

Just found out that The Waltons will start airing on the Hallmark Channel, starting this Monday. They'll be showing back-to-back episodes at 3pm and 4pm Eastern, followed by three episodes of LHotP.

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 am

oh wow..That's very nice!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Yay! Two of my favorite shows, back to back!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:50 pm

This may give me an apprieciation of The Waltons I did not have when I was growing up. I'm going to give it another chance!! Yikes

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Good for you Joe. I have them all on Dvd.....Let me know which one of those girls catches your eye.

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 am

Gin wrote:
Good for you Joe. I have them all on Dvd.....Let me know which one of those girls catches your eye.

John-Boy WAS kinda cute, but not my type. Ooops
I guess I just 'came out' on the board. Its not a big deal for me, I hope its not for you all.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 am

Nobody resented me wanting to take Mary Ellen up to the hayloft, so I don't see a problem. reunion - Waltons - Page 2 771460
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 pm

wish i had the hall mark channel

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Just finished watching my first The Waltons in over 30 years. It was the episode, The Calf. I'm not blown away but I realize more time is needed to get to know the family.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

For some reason, I didn't watch The Waltons as a kid. Perhaps there was another show on at that time that I wanted to watch. In those pre-VCR days, you had to pick one show or the other. I've often seen The Waltons mentioned as another show liked by LHotP fans, and this past Christmas my mom, knowing how much I like LHotP, Dr. Quinn, and 7th Heaven, bought me season 1 of The Waltons to see if I would like it. I instantly realized the show is right up my alley. I recently bought season 2 and will almost certainly buy all of the other seasons. I'm watching the show for the first time, so if anyone talks about something from later in the series, please give me a spoiler warning!

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:59 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
wish i had the hall mark channel

It's on CTS and Vision in Canada Krissy.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:10 pm

cool..thanks

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 pm

I liked the show when I was growing up, but not as much now. Colonial times and the mid- to late 1800's are my favorite years for shows and books.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 pm

For some reason we did not watch THE WALTONS in my house growing up, either. The main channel that came in well was NBC, so most of my memories are probably NBC shows. However, I know we watched some CBS shows, like MARY TYLER MOORE and THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW, so we could get it in. ABC was the worst reception, but even so we watched THE BIONIC WOMAN and HAPPY DAYS and LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.

So, I also am curious .... was THE WALTONS up against LITTLE HOUSE?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm

As I recall, the Waltons was on Thursday. Little House was always Monday, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I know LH was Monday...because I had spelling homework on that night...had to finish that first. lol AND, I do believe the Waltons was Thurs....

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

LHotP was on Wednesdays at first -- for the first two seasons I think.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:40 am

I mainly remember LHOTP on Mondays, but it may have moved to that position. THE WALTONS on Thursdays could explain why I did not watch it....was often at church for one event or another on Thursday nights when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm looking forward to the Waltons being on Hallmark. I think there's a marathon this Sunday (April 3rd)? My day is set...or at least, the DVR will be if something comes up LOL.

reunion - Waltons - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 reunion - Waltons - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waltons
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next