Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waltons

Go down 
+26
littlehouselover
Praire Girl
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Lori
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Teresa
Honeybee
alexczarn
amyk
bethandmanly
Krissy
jes9
pat1964
Joe
LIWnut
JW
Rob
Julia
Amy
Gin
pamh36
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
Debbie
Savannah
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Innoce10

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Joe wrote:
Just finished watching my first The Waltons in over 30 years. It was the episode, The Calf. I'm not blown away but I realize more time is needed to get to know the family.

I've seen a few more episodes and it is growing on me. Anybody else watching?

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:00 pm

I love the Waltons! I have all the seasons. I have to say Ben and then Jason to me are the cutest. loveheart

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Nobody resented me wanting to take Mary Ellen up to the hayloft, so I don't see a problem. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 771460

laugh3

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:05 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Rob wrote:
Nobody resented me wanting to take Mary Ellen up to the hayloft, so I don't see a problem. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 771460

laugh3

A panning might be in line from Savannah, Rob...

HeeHee

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Uh-oh... I thought that post had slipped by unnoticed. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 68167
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Uh-oh... I thought that post had slipped by unnoticed. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 68167

Nothing goes un-noticed, young grasshopper.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Rob wrote:

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 440956

Rob wrote:

Nah, I saw it when it was first posted...But the pan doesn't have any jurisdiction over who Rob wants to....spend time with. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Shrug36
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:32 pm

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 M1812
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:34 pm

thud

Hope that applies for me too. batEyes

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:37 pm

I have reviewing all seasons and am in season 3. I got up to season 6 the first time around, got to the eppie where Grandma comes home. I bought the rest of the series and so I started over again. Looking forward to rewatching and seeing all seasons and the final 3 movies.

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 MarilynKeeper reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 pm

For some reason I never watched the show as a kid other than maybe a few times. I'm watching on DVD now -- just watched season 2, episode 4. I continue to be amazed at how good a show it is and wish I had started watching it years ago. I wonder how many other good old shows I've missed.

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Savannah wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
Rob wrote:

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 440956

Rob wrote:

Nah, I saw it when it was first posted...But the pan doesn't have any jurisdiction over who Rob wants to....spend time with. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Shrug36

laugh3

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 am

Rob wrote:
reunion - Waltons - Page 3 988160

alexczarn wrote:

Hope that applies for me too. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 129986

I have such a violent reputation. No reunion - Waltons - Page 3 135245

MissYoungClassic wrote:
reunion - Waltons - Page 3 85958

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 702150
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 am

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:
reunion - Waltons - Page 3 988160

Just stunned that I got away with something. reunion - Waltons - Page 3 440956
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 pm

jes9 wrote:
For some reason I never watched the show as a kid other than maybe a few times. I'm watching on DVD now -- just watched season 2, episode 4. I continue to be amazed at how good a show it is and wish I had started watching it years ago. I wonder how many other good old shows I've missed.

I wonder the same. Mostly about music though. There is so much good stuff we never get to see or hear!!

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 am

My favorite show. (Just look @ my signature.) My mom grew up, watching this show, when she was young teen. I started watching it, back in Dec. 2008. I rewatched it a second time around. greenS

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:35 pm

I've become a big fan of The Waltons. For some reason, I didn't watch it much when it first ran, but thinking I might like it, my parents bought me the season 1 DVDs for Christmas two years ago, and I liked it. I've since bought seasons 2, 3, and 4, and I've been watching them at the pace of about two episodes a week. I'm currently near the end of season 3. I just watched "The Song" earlier this evening. I like The Waltons for many of the same reasons that I like LHotP -- a close-knit family living in a caring community in tough times but finding a way to get through it. You can really relate to the characters, none of whom are perfect, but yet they learn from their mistakes and never stop caring about one another.

BTW, it's amazing how many stars from other shows show up as guest stars in the early seasons of The Waltons. John Ritter frequently appeared as Reverend Fordwick. Both Victor French and Bonnie Bartlett guest starred, though not in the same episode. So did the guy who played the old man in the LHotP episode where Charles gave him a ride and got stuck in the swamp (and I think played a judge in another LHotP episode). Ron Howard was a guest star in one Waltons episode, and in the episode I saw earlier this evening, his Happy Days co-star Erin Moran (Joanie Cunningham) guest starred as a girl Ben was crazy about but who fell for Jason when she and Jason sang together. I guess you could say Ben loved Joanie before she loved Chachi.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Quote :
I remember, of all the characters, I liked the two old ladies the most.

Ah, the Baldwin sisters, makers of the famous "recipe".

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 pm

I found another actor who appeared on both The Waltons and LHotP -- Ivor Francis. He played Professor Hoadley in The Waltons episode "The Breakdown" from season 4. He hired John-Boy to work in the library and wanted him to change his major to library science. In LHotP, he played Varnum, the justice of the peace in "Here Come the Brides". He appeared in lots of other TV shows, as can be seen here -- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0290179/.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Waltons Reunion on the Today Show   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 am

I forgot to post this yesterday. The Waltons are having a reunion segment, coming up right now on the Today Show.

It hasn't been on, yet. Probably within the next half an hour.

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:07 am

They just showed the group before they went to commercial break. I caught a glimpse, and there are quite a few cast members there.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am

Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks for the heads up! It's amazing how much Richard still looks like he did on the show!

reunion - Waltons - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 am

That was really neat. Michael Learned was there with ALL 7 "kids." At the very end, the camera men of the Today Show all yelled out, "Goodnight John boy!" They all still look so young. Mary Ellen and Erin haven't changed a bit. Elizabeth looked so pretty.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:30 am

How did I miss this?? I turned it on, then left the room to take a phone call, then came back and it was over. No Ah well, it'll probably be on YouTube.

All the cast members are living except for the grandparents, aren't they? Was Ralph Waite there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waltons   reunion - Waltons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waltons
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next