Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Bokmal10

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 am

Amy wrote:
Well, here we go again. Not only are only half of my outdoor lights working, but I am currently looking at a DARK Christmas tree. That's right. As I was feeding the baby today, suddenly the entire tree went out. There is ONE strand of lights that is not new, and it's the one I stuffed toward the middle. How much do you want to bet that's the bad one!?! SOooooo, I have to dismantle the entire tree to re-do the lights now!!!!! banghead

I had bought a bunch of pre-lit trees a few years ago and I won't do it again because you can't always isolate which bulb is out. My bonus room tree was only lit on the top this year, so I bought a string of lights and put them over the older burnt out ones. Now the top half went out and I haven't been able to get to the store to get new ones. The small tree in my bedroom has no lights on the bottom. And 3 out of my 5 outside trees won't light, even though I've tried changing the fuses. I made myself feel better by going out and buying a reindeer to replace them.

After this year I am yanking all the lights off the pre-lit trees and using new strings.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 am

Oh Cheryl, I do sympathize! No This is actually the worst year I've EVER had with lights. help I have a skinny pre-lit tree in our family room, which has all the 'cutesy' kid ornaments on it. I've had it for three years with no problem, but this year half the tree was out. So I had to add strands to that one. Then, of course, there's the outdoor light fiasco (seriously, I worked so hard in the freezing cold and put lights on more bushes than ever before!! bawling) ....Bill STILL hasn't gotten out there to work on them, and of course, I am not touching them. No I didn't go out to get my new strands for my living room tree last night---you have to be in the mood for that kind of thing, and I definitely wasn't. I will HAVE to work on them tonight though---this dark tree is depressing! Huh?

Good luck to your with your lights Cheryl....maybe if you pray for me, and I pray for you, we'll get our homes lit up yet! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Sounds like a great plan Amy!

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Good luck Cheryl and Amy with your lights Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 39441 . I know how frustrating that is. We had no problem this year, but we don't have too many lights on our tree to worry about and we put no lights outside.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 am

I have a neighbor that was taking his down yesterday. I stopped and asked him if Christmas was over at his house. He said " Well, it is on the outside. My lights have gone out 4 times. So yes, I'm done." This just isn't the year for lights.
We have a Lights Grinch about and I believe since Fife has been "less busy" lately he might need to investigate. It might be someone with a " light collection" like maybe he collects flashlights or maybe he just sleeps with a nightlight!!!
Hmmmm Fife does like those lights on the patrol car............. OhMy

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:18 am

ARG! Most of the lights on Sarah's purple tree went out.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am

Alice wrote:
Good luck Cheryl and Amy with your lights Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 39441 . I know how frustrating that is. We had no problem this year, but we don't have too many lights on our tree to worry about and we put no lights outside.

LOL, I love that Christmas tree smiley, Alice! Unfortunately, I went Christmas shopping last night and didn't work on the tree. That will be my job today at naptime. We have 600 lights on our livingroom tree, so I guess I was just asking for trouble! Yikes

bethandmanly wrote:
ARG! Most of the lights on Sarah's purple tree went out.

OH NO!! thud

Gin, you may have the right idea...maybe it's time to get Fife out there on patrol! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Gin wrote:

We have a Lights Grinch about and I believe since Fife has been "less busy" lately he might need to investigate. It might be someone with a " light collection" like maybe he collects flashlights or maybe he just sleeps with a nightlight!!!
Hmmmm Fife does like those lights on the patrol car............. OhMy
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 85958 Fife and the lights!

Amy wrote:
Unfortunately, I went Christmas shopping last night and didn't work on the tree. That will be my job today at naptime. We have 600 lights on our livingroom tree, so I guess I was just asking for trouble! Yikes

600 lights to fix during nap time? Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 184143 How long did it take to put them on your tree, Amy?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 pm

LOL, yep! I'll bet Cheryl puts more than that on hers though! batEyes What can we say, we like lights, right Cheryl? Wink Which is why this is so depressing looking at this dark tree! We're nearing naptime now! It usually takes me about 45 minutes to an hour every year to put the lights on. The main difficulty is doing the inner part of the tree. Maybe I won't have to dismantle it that far---I'm HOPING!! pray

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Amy wrote:
LOL, yep! I'll bet Cheryl puts more than that on hers though! batEyes What can we say, we like lights, right Cheryl? Wink

You bet, Amy! The tree in my living room has 1400 lights on it. I think that's a 9-foot tree. My 4-foot tree has around 500. The key to having a great tree is not skimping on the lights and wrapping them around the branches. I saw that on some show on HGTV a few years ago and I've done it ever since. It makes a big difference.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

WOW.....I guess my lights were practically out even when one. I only had ONE strand. I need some Christmas decor lessons!!!

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Wow Cheryl!! 1400?!?! thud I think I'd go crazy!!!! Imokay I'm up to 700 now (mines a 7 footer)...I got the tree re-done today, and I actually like it better now, LOL! But seriously, my heart was not in this, not when I worked on it so hard the first time around! Whistle And I was right---it was my center strand that had died, so the whole tree had to be stripped. Fun.

Cheryl, you are so right though---Gin, Alice, you would not be sorry if you put the work into it and peppered your tree with lights. Mine were buy one get one free at Walgreens---$2.00 for a box of 100! Basically I wrap a couple strands at the center, several strands in the middle of each branch, and several towards the ends (it's tough to explain). That way there are no empty 'pockets'. But I don't wrap mine like Cheryl does...I am sure that looks awesome, but when it comes time to take them OFF after New Year's, I think that would put me right over the edge! Yikes

Now if I can only get the rest of my outdoor lights working. Gee, if I put half as much energy into fixing those as I do complaining on this thread about them, they might be fixed by now! grinsmiley

Cheryl, I am still waiting for that "Festival of trees' video from you! Wink I would love to see all your trees!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:46 pm

Amy wrote:
But I don't wrap mine like Cheryl does...I am sure that looks awesome, but when it comes time to take them OFF after New Year's, I think that would put me right over the edge! Yikes

Oh yeah, it is a major PITA to take apart.

Amy wrote:
Cheryl, I am still waiting for that "Festival of trees' video from you! Wink I would love to see all your trees!!

I haven't forgotten. I don't want to show off trees with half the lights out and my village isn't quite up yet, once I get those issues fixed--I'll allow my husband to think I'm a lunatic and see if he'll help me tape something for you.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Amy wrote:

I haven't forgotten. I don't want to show off trees with half the lights out and my village isn't quite up yet, once I get those issues fixed--I'll allow my husband to think I'm a lunatic and see if he'll help me tape something for you.

LOL, glad to hear it! Yeah...I will be patient and wait for lights!! greenS

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:43 pm

I thought I'd bump this thread, even though it's really old! But it's that time of year again....I'm not decorating until the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm curious about other people? Cheryl???? Have you started yet? Can't wait to see pics!

This is a good thread for decorating ideas, and seeing as a lot of us will be decorating in the next couple of weeks, this might help to get us in the spirit! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:33 am

I haven't been able to start yet, but I am aching to. Maybe this weekend.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am

I am gonna start decorating December 1, I have starting buying stuff for our Christmas Village but i have lost the Houses so i need to dig them up from Storage same with all the other decorations i don't know about the rest of you but our storage room is very messy Laughing the Christmas Items are always hard to find in there

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:49 am

We don't start after Thanksgiving. Not sure, how much we're going put up this year. But, we're not like Tim Allen who puts every direction in his house inside & outside. ROTFL

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am

Hey Amy i just saw that Picture of your Village, could you mail those to me? yes or should i get Nasty?? Laughing

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 313628_10150404870139004_205896034003_8354544_222464035_n

My view... HeeHee

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Best. Lights. Ever. Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 85958
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 24santa-roflmao I love that!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Now that is original. Laughing

Jacob, sorry I just saw your post. Sure, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the pic! Smile

I'm starting to get in the spirit....nothing out yet, but as of Friday I'll be ready and raring to go! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I'll take this light decoration for my balcony! laugh3 ROTFL

Vanesa.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm

So, how many of you are decorating tomorrow? I know I'll be doing that rather than shopping! It's my day to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies, while decorating the house. Can't wait to get the tree up! Ctree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next