Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 7

Go down 
+11
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
EllieJane
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Misti
JW
Rob
Amy
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Happy011

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm Just So Glad that Danny Went I had my Fingers Cross wishing that Danny would go Home :idance:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:54 pm

My husband and I were glad that Kristy made the top 12. My husband likes her personality. She seems like a sweet girl. I agree about Amanda. I liked her in Hollywood, but it's getting old now. Her voice is too raspy and rough.

On the funny side: When Ryan Seacrest told David H. to grab a seat after he made the top 12, my husband said, "Or, grab a pole." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:28 pm

I went to Youtube, and checked out the performances of some of them. Am I completely missing what those judges find so impressive about Amanda?? I have no idea who the judges are, but good grief, every time one of them would say "You're the real deal!" I'd think "Were we watching the same performer??".
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 10:51 am

Teresa wrote:
On the funny side: When Ryan Seacrest told David H. to grab a seat after he made the top 12, my husband said, "Or, grab a pole." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa!!"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 MDR98

I agree completely with you and Savannah about Amanda...sometimes I wonder if we're watching the same performance too! I just think they really wanted to see her get into the top 12 because she's 'different', so they talked her up in their comments. I don't expect to see her last long...*Amy crosses fingers*

I'm glad to see Kristy make the top 12 too...I think she really deserved it over Kady & Aish'a. She has a lot to prove to me (originality wise) but I do like her.

Carol, I understand what you're saying about Danny's voice. He really does have a nice voice...just look at how awesome his song was in Hollywood week??....but the problem was once he got on stage for the competition, I felt like he concentrated more on giving a performance and attitude, and forgot all about his voice technique and 'feeling' for the song. This is just my opinion, but it's a big part of the reason he's gone, I think. I have no doubt that we'll see a cd out of him...he has great talent, but I'd rather just see him stand still and sing a song (or just hear him on the radio. Wink ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Scared10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I don't like amanda either, I don't get why the judges said she did good cuz I was almost covering my ears.
my favorite is Jason Castro, I loved it when he sang Halleluia.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:40 pm

I just love him too Danielle, and that song!

Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4U2KLNwGE

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 am

American Idol On Tomorrow night

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Dont you all think Jason Castro looks like John Travolta in the face? Don't look at the hair...or whatever it is!

If Amanda dont go this week I'm going to yank her off that stage. She just cant sing. I honestly think her silence last week when the judges praised her was because she was shocked. I think she wants to get taken off. Sometimes the pressure is really too hard. Just my thoughts.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Gin wrote:
If Amanda dont go this week I'm going to yank her off that stage. She just cant sing.

Oh man, I sooooo totally agree with you. She is A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Mad0020
I can't believe she made the top 12 :sad5: :faint2:

America.... I want to know... why did you put Amanda through? "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Confused0007

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Probably because she sounded much better in Hollywood. Or at least I thought so. I kind of liked her back then.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 pm

I think Amanda sounded much better in Hollywood too...but to me, she's just a poor imitation of Janis Joplin, and I couldn't stand Janis Joplin either. Just not my thing.

And Gin, I'm actually a little freaked out by how much Jason looks like John Travolta actually! :unsure:

Check out this interview...not only does he look like him (um, minus the dreds grinsmiley ), listen to his voice!! He even sounds like him!!
(btw, I think he is very charming in this interview...very likeable guy!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXOxhdavogM

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes Gin he Does look like John Travolta thank you for saying that Wave

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Just a friendly reminder! AI tonight! Woo hoo, top 12!!! Cheer

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Wow, what a good night! At least most of it anyway.

My favorites though, didn't do so well. Jason Castro wasn't nearly as good and neither was David A. (Oh boy, I felt sorry for him when he forgot the words right off the bat!). But I still voted for Jason...totally not ready to see him go.

I think it might be Ramiele to go next actually...I hate to see it, but I'm not sure how strong her fan base is in comparison to some of the others. Maybe Chickezie, even though he really was very good tonight. Oh, and David H. wasn't anything to write home about either. Honestly I couldn't stand Kristy or her arrangement, but I'm sure she'll stay because she'll have all the country votes.

I actually liked Amanda! I mean, for her style, I thought she was pretty good. I thought she was much better than last week...not sure why Simon liked her so much last week!

The stand-outs tonight were, IMO, David Cook and Carly Smithson. She was incredible. I also liked Brooke very much

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Amy,
When I read your comments, it's like you keep taking the words right out of my mouth. LOL!!!!!!!! I was going to say that I really thought Amanda did quite well tonight. Her vocals didn't sound so harsh and raspy. Brooke and David Cook did well. Chikezie was pretty good too. I actually spelled his name right!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Jason did very well. I literally had my hands over my eyes for almost all of David A's performance, in hopes that he wouldn't forget the words. I never thought I'd say this about him, but it was brutal, very hard to listen to. He just wasn't prepared enough, and it was obvious that he wasn't that comfortable singing that song. At least he did an amazing job when he sang, "Imagine." He needed an upbeat song this week, but that song was not the one. He could have done better singing "Twist and Shout" or something.
I think that either David Hernandez or Kristi leave tomorrow. Maybe Ramiele. She bores me a bit. Those are my picks for the bottom two or three.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 am

OMG Kristy's performance was A.W.F.U.L! :faint2: I felt like I was hearing nails scratching a chalkboard! scary tv The song was destroyed!

David Hernandez was awful

David Archuleta - poor guy... not good Blue

Ramiele - Boring :sleep:

Chikezie's performance was fun but he might be in the bottom 3.

Amanda still sound the same to me as always... lol

My favorites tonight were Carly, Jason, David Cook, Michael Johns & Brooke :sing:

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:31 am

The judges keep telling Ramiele to, "let go," and really showcase her voice. It's week 3, and I think that's all she has. She has a good voice, but it's nothing too spectacular, just like David Hernandez. Brooke is also a good singer, but her voice is not powerful enough for me. Not that you have to belt it out all the time, but she's just too timid for me. I like singers like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson who can really "bring down the house." I don't ever see Brooke doing that. Sayesha could, but I have yet to really see it. I think that the finale will most likely be made up of two guys. Maybe David Cook and David A. Jason Castro is also a contender. I've just never been able to get into Ramiele. Carly kind of bugs me. Michael Johns is also very good.

Okay.......Seacrest..........out!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:03 am

Here's my Top 12 Report
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Michael It Was An Ok Preformance
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Jason_c Not Good I Did't Like it
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 David Not Good
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Chikezie It Was Good I Did't Know he had it in him lol But Still might be in the Bottom three
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 David_c Not For Me
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 David_a Poor him i felt sorry for Him He Lost his Words in the beginning i was just not good No
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Kristy I was Looking forward to see her sing but It Was Not Good
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Amanda I Hope shes a better nurse then a singer I Did't like it
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Brooke She was Good again i like it last week i did't really like it but she was pretty good again
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Ramiele Boy It Was Kind of Boring It is one of my Favorite songs but not good
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Syesha She Could of Done better
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Carly Sure she might be abel to sing but she bugs me

I Felt Like They all did't do very good last night maybe it was just me?

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:20 am

No, it wasn't just you, Jacob. I didn't think that the performances were up to par either, especially since it is week 3. They should have been better.

What is it about Carly that bugs us? LOL!!!!!!!!! I don't know what it is.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:38 am

I like Ramiele... but she needs to step it up.... the song choices she's doing are not good... but maybe you're right Teresa... maybe that's all she has... :unsure: I hope not Blue

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 am

These are my favorites! Wave

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29950

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29949

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29945

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29941

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29939

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 29935

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:16 am

JW wrote:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Amanda I Hope shes a better nurse then a singer I Did't like it

Oh, Jacob!! ROTFL You seriously cracked me up with this one!

I see her talent, it's just not my thing. Wink (and the problem is, even if it was my thing, she's just not consistent in the least).

Ok, count me into the BBCC, the "Bugged By Carly Club"! grinsmiley I don't know what it is either! :think: I honestly don't, but there's something! Glad I'm not the only one! ☮ But can I just say, I feel the same way about David C.? Maybe even more so? I don't know, I'm not charmed. :unsure:

And LOL Teresa...we really do see things eye to eye, don't we?! Wave I agree with you about who might be in the finals, but I can kind of see Carly getting way up there too. Unless, of course, she bugs everyone else the way she does us! batEyes About Ramiele, I know what you all are saying about her, being boring right now, but it was four weeks ago (it really has been that long! OhMy ) that my parents and I sat in my living room and were blown away. I can't remember the song (I recorded it though) but it was anything but boring and she was a powerhouse. So I haven't counted her out yet, but I think America may. Whistle

Carol, I love your smiley next to Kristy...I couldnt' agree more! grinsmiley

And I agree with you and Teresa, Jason was good...(Gosh, I just LOVE him!!...he's even letting his personality shine through more). I just don't think he was nearly as good as last week. I think he was better than the judges gave him credit for though. His falsetta was beautiful and he has excellent control. The guy is an original. Thumbsup I really hope to see him go far, but because of his originality, I do hope he doesn't win it. He'd be contracted to conform to what they want him to sing, and he's better than that. I listened to a few of his original songs on Youtube and they're actually good. I think he'll benefit more from going out like Chris Daughtry....but I want him to stay longer than that. Wink

Oh, (gosh, I'm sorry to ramble...I get kind of passionate about this stuff! :shy: )...anywho, I was thinking about what you said about Brooke, Teresa, and I know what you mean about not bringing the house down, but I guess that's what I like about her. Jason's the same way. It's a 'quiet quality' over what sometimes is powerful by other singers, yet lacking in any real 'beauty'. Does that make sense? Not sure. I will say though, there is a little 'cracking' thing that Brooke has with her voice and I'm not sure if I like that. It's unique, but I don't know that it actually sounds nice.

Anyone still awake out there? LOL...ok, I'm shutting up now! :shh3: grinsmiley

(Carol, I love those pictures of everyone! And I like your picks! Thumbsup )

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 am

Why does Carley bug you? Is it the tattoo? Is it because she has the luck of the irish and might be in the final 5? grinsmiley lol

Oh, and I love your reports Amy ... dont' worry, you're not talking too much... it's all good. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:31 am

LOL Carol...thank you! Wink Sometimes I wonder! Whistle

Ah Carly, hmm...I just don't know...why am I bugged?! No, it's NOT the tatoos, I can guarantee you that. I think it's cool that she's original, and they seem to 'suit' her. So, nope, I just can't pinpoint it yet. I like her, but I'm bugged by her. Kinda like how I feel about my sister. grinsmiley So I'll need to get back with ya on that one! :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:35 am

Laughing Okay Amy.
I'm not too crazy about her tattoo lol... I wish it was smaller but oh well ... just not my thing :shifty:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 7
Page 9 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next