Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

At the hospital

Go down 
+13
pamh36
Vanesa
Lily
bethandmanly
LIWnut
Gin
Teresa
JW
Rob
Carol
Farmer Girl
Rhonda
Savannah
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
At the hospital - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Happy010

At the hospital - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

He has an obstruction somewhere in his intestinal tract. It was so enlarged yesterday, that they were afraid that it was going to rupture. They put a tube down his nose (*shudder*) and, as of this morning, have drained five POUNDS of liquid from him. So, the danger of an intestinal rupture isn't as great right now. They're still discussing doing surgery. But we don't know anything more yet. Slow, slow, slow. I'm too accustomed to instant-everything, I guess.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 am

Wow, that sounds serious. I'll pray that all goes well...and quick.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:44 am

I'm so sorry I wasn't around yesterday Savannah...sorry I missed this! I'll be praying for you dad.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Savannah wrote:
He has an obstruction somewhere in his intestinal tract. It was so enlarged yesterday, that they were afraid that it was going to rupture. They put a tube down his nose (*shudder*) and, as of this morning, have drained five POUNDS of liquid from him. So, the danger of an intestinal rupture isn't as great right now. They're still discussing doing surgery. But we don't know anything more yet. Slow, slow, slow. I'm too accustomed to instant-everything, I guess.

Oh wow. No wonder your dad was so terribly miserable. I am so glad that he got to the hospital before things got any worse.

Thanks for keeping us updating. I'll continue to pray for him.

At the hospital - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated about your dad...What an awful result, Savannah. But prayers are being said for your father improvement...

I think that if in the Hospital they've acted faster, your dad could be in better condition right now. What a lack of responsability! mad Blue

Vanesa.

At the hospital - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you! We're home again - Well, Mom and I are. They're keeping my Dad for at least a couple more days. We still don't know much. He's being medicated, and they were able to remove the tube from his nose. (Which is a big relief to him) The only thing Dad is liking right now is the fact that he gets to watch The Western Channel. grinsmiley

Caleby called and talked to my Dad for a while tonight, and told him "Know what, Grandpa? If I was still livin' with you, know what I'd do? I'd come and spend the night at the hostible with you, an' make you feel all better. That's what I'd do, Grandpa." Love I talked with all of the children last night, and they were all crying. It isn't "just" Grandpa in the hospital - he was "Dad" to them up until a few months ago. So, I was glad that they were all able to visit with him on the phone tonight. It'll give them a little peace of mind to hear Grandpa's voice. And it helps my Dad, too.

My ankle is worse tonight. But I think it's because I haven't been able to keep off my feet. Even the pain medicine isn't helping. So, I'll see if I can occupy my mind here on the prairie for a while.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Aww, Caleb is such a sweetheart!

I am so sorry that your ankle is getting worse. I hope that a good nights rest will help.

I hope your dad is able to come home soon. That's good that they were able take the tube out of his nose so that he'd be more comfortable.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Glad you are home, glad your dad got to talk to Caleb and glad they took that tube out of his nose......I KNOW what that feels like........Bless his heart, I pray they get him taken care of soon...... Thumbsup

At the hospital - Page 2 Rhonda10At the hospital - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
At the hospital - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm

What a sweetheart Caleby is!! I'm happy to hear that you're home with you mom, and that your dad isn't in much pain. Please take good care of your ankle...elevate your foot. I'm still praying for you and your dad.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 am

Glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I'm pray for you and your dad.

At the hospital - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 am

I'm glad to hear your dad's doing better too, Savannah. And Caleb is just such a sweet and special boy. I'm sure that brightened your dad's spirits!

Hope you're able to rest up your ankle today!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Wow, Savannah! Caleby is the best medicine in the world for his grandpa! Applause

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:32 am

We finally found out that they'll be doing surgery this afternoon, or early this evening. No exact time yet.

Because of where they're having to do the surgery, there is a possibility that they may not be able to reconnect the tract. So......of course, your prayers are very much appreciated.

It's been four days now since he was able to smoke, and he's doing great with that. He's wanted to quit for years, but gave up trying because it seemed so impossible to him. However, it's also been four days since he was able to have any coffee - and THAT is driving him crazy. I can really sympathize with him on that, because I love my morning coffee.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. It sure helps with the rollercoaster ride.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm here for you Savannah.....all the way.........
At the hospital - Page 2 7_2_111

At the hospital - Page 2 Rhonda10At the hospital - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:34 pm

You're not alone Savannah.... we are there with you. :rainbowfaces:

At the hospital - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 pm

They gave us a possible time of around 3 o'clock for his surgery. (Eastern Standard Time) But, it's nearly that right now, so I'm thinking it'll be a little later than that.

Thanks so much, everyone!

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Well that means the surgery will be starting soon, so I hope you know we'll be praying for all of you.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:17 pm

We're still waiting for Dad to go in for surgery. Thanks for the prayers, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:37 pm

I will be praying for your dad, Savannah.

At the hospital - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:39 pm

*sigh* We're home for the night. The surgery was postponed til Friday afternoon. So, I went in to work this evening, after being at the hospital for most of the day. I'm re-discovering that hours and days spent at the hospital are like dog-years. They seem to be an eternity. I shouldn't complain, though ...... God is good. He's giving us the strength we need for each day.......safety on the roads.......friends who care.......

We DID get at least some answers today. The surgeon said that he thinks that my Dad has Diverticulitis, which caused the whole business going on. That's a much better prognosis than what the first doctor told us - She thought Dad had a large tumor. SO.......The surgery should be tomorrow.

My ankle is doing better. The weight of blankets no longer keeps me in pain. I am completely exhausted.........But that comes with the hospital territory.

Thank you again for your prayers, and for your messages. I really appreciate them.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
At the hospital - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : At the hospital - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:14 pm

That's great news about your Dad for not having a tumor. Also, I'm glad to hear your ankle is doing much better. Still praying for you guys, Savannah!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 pm

That's great news Savannah.
And yes... being at a hospital for one day sometimes feels like 7 days....
A couple of years ago, I stayed overnight w/ my mom when she had her operation... we were there 2 days... but man... they felt a lot longer than 2 days...

But just let me tell you that you are a great daughter for taking care of your dad, being there for him... etc... Thumbsup

At the hospital - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family today. I hope the surgery went well this afternoon. I am glad to hear that they finally had a diagnosis and that it's not as serious as what was originally thought.

I hope your ankle continues to heal as well. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better.

You're all in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Have my prayers , dear friend. I know things will be allright. Don't worry. Diverticulitis is not extremely bad . I have two old aunts who have it and are wonderfully.

I'm praying for you and your dad... Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks everyone. We're ............ still..............waiting. Sometime this afternoon. That's what they keep saying. I'm so impatient. Anyone want to come over and have coffee?? grinsmiley We just can't drink it around my Dad, as he's pretty desperate for coffee right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

At the hospital
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next