Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

At the hospital

Go down 
+13
pamh36
Vanesa
Lily
bethandmanly
LIWnut
Gin
Teresa
JW
Rob
Carol
Farmer Girl
Rhonda
Savannah
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Bokmal10

At the hospital - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Nothing like hurrying up to wait. I hope they take him in soon.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:50 pm

How frustrating! You've had to wait sooooooooooo long now. Hopefully your dad is having his surgery as I type this. Please keep us updated. I'll be praying for him.

At the hospital - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
At the hospital - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Still waiting............ Blue mad

I'm trying not to complain at you all. LOL......The last thing y'all need to hear is whining. I'm sure hoping that the surgery is soon, though. It'll take at least two hours, plus the ride home is about an hour and a half. Poor Dad.........He was just saying "I hope they don't postpone it til tomorrow again!".
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *breathe in.......breathe out*
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh my. I just saw your post, Savannah. Waiting is so hard, especially since you've been waiting since yesterday. Did they say what the hold up is? Hopefully it will be soon. By the way..........you're not complaining.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:02 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this thread, I haven't been around much of the week. Savannah, praying for your dad and hoping the surgery goes well (and is overwith soon!) That must be so rough on all of you, first waiting to find out what was wrong and then (and possible still), waiting for them to do the actual surgery. Please know that we're all praying for him and for you. How are you feeling? I hope your ankle is holding up?{{hugs}}

At the hospital - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 At the hospital - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Thank you! The nurse just came in and told us that he's now on the schedule for surgery at 8:30. She said it'll probably be closer to 9:00. I sure hope they'll at least get to it tonight! Dad is so ready to get this taken care of.

Thank you so much for the prayers. We're all exhausted, and it looks to be a very long night. I'm going to go down and get some more coffee.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Oh Savannah...
I hope they really mean it! Hang in there girl.... Mr. Juan Valdez will keep you awake and Mr. Snickers and Mr. Mars can also make good company! With them 3 around you'll see how everyone else around you moves in slow motion LOL! grinsmiley

At the hospital - Page 3 Horses10

Last edited by Carol on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm so sorry you have all been waiting around for so long. Sometimes that is the hardest part, just not knowing when.

I'll be thinking about all of you tonight and I'll check tomorrow for any more updates.

At the hospital - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:17 pm

grinsmiley Chocolate and coffee are my friends right now. I just finished a big cup of some very strong coffee, loaded with lots of sugar. Hyper, hyper, hyper.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Savannah wrote:
grinsmiley Chocolate and coffee are my friends right now. I just finished a big cup of some very strong coffee, loaded with lots of sugar. Hyper, hyper, hyper.... Laughing

At the hospital - Page 3 Jumpy Hey friend that's great!!!!!
I wish I was there with you to partake in the ceremony of what is known as "inhaling chocolates" lol

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Well, they just took him down for surgery!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Please know that we are here for you Savannah........if you need to talk, you know where the chat room is...... batEyes

At the hospital - Page 3 Rhonda10At the hospital - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Good! Everything will be alright. Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:06 pm

Smiley Hug Thanks, you two!

Rhonda, I'd love to join you in the chat room, but the hospital's filter is blocking it. :sad5:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:16 pm

I bet your dad is so relieved that they're finally getting down to business. How soon before he can have a cup of coffee??

We'll all be praying, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm

The nurse told him that it may be three days yet before he can have coffee! I think it depends partly on how well the surgery goes. He hasn't eaten anything in a week. He's on I.V. so he's being nourished, but he can't wait to be able to have a cup of coffee, and something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm

I just saw this thread after I saw in one of the other threads you were
going to be at the hospital all day today. I'm thinking of and
praying for your dad, you and your ankle. I'm glad he's finally in
surgery to get the problem taken care of.

Please let us know as soon as you can how your dad is doing. {{{HUGS}}}

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:40 pm

He's out of surgery, and the surgeon said that everything went very well. Thank you for all of your prayers! No cancer! Praise the Lord!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Thats Wonderful Savannah I'll Keep praying for him

At the hospital - Page 3 Jacobk10At the hospital - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 pm

At the hospital - Page 3 4_17_1 What great news!!!!! At the hospital - Page 3 36_1_67
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:00 pm

That's wonderful, Savannah!! So, can your dad have coffee tomorrow? LOL!!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:50 am

That's great news Savannah. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : At the hospital - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 10:51 am

God is awesome. Good to hear that the worst is over and now the healing can begin. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Gee, all this talk of coffee makes me want some!

At the hospital - Page 3 MarilynKeeper At the hospital - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 11:09 am

The doctor said that they expect that Dad will be there in the hospital for another week. (:faint2: ) He can't eat or drink anything so far. One nurse told him it could be a couple of days more, because of where his surgery took place. He'll have to have another surgery in about three months to completely fix what's wrong. He still has a long road ahead of him. The surgery that he had is considered major surgery, and the healing process has to be watched closely.

The hospital staff has been so kind, and so sweet, but I'm ready to bid them adieu. Another week of all of this travelling..........And I know that my Dad is more than ready to go home.

One more thing that I'd like to ask prayer about is my Mom. She's more exhausted than I am, and so far her blood pressure is doing well through all of this. But exhaustion isn't good for her heart. She's had heart attacks before, and I sure don't want her to have to go down that road again.

Thanks so much everyone.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 pm

I'm so glad that the surgery went well! (As well as surgery can go, I suppose). I'm glad your dad is on the road to recovery! Praying for you and your mom, I hope you both get some much needed and deserved rest this weekend! {{hugs}}

At the hospital - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 At the hospital - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

At the hospital
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next