Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Teresa wrote:
Well, I was hoping that Lil and Anoop were the ones to go home last night, and luckily they were.

Yes, I'm glad it was them two. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 679511

Amy wrote:
I think Danny could possibly beat Adam too.

Hmm... not a chance in the world will Danny beat Adam. I just don't see it happening... lol
I like Matt & Kris better than Danny. I think the top 3 will be Adam, Danny & Kris..... although I would prefer it to be Matt and not Danny. I don't understand why they don't like Matt too much. Maybe because they compare him to Justin Timberlake too much and the people have already seen Justin... it's kind of a "been there, done that" type of deal maybe? But they look at Danny with fresh eyes because he's something new... and so is Kris...
I think the next one to go will be either Matt or Alison.

Misti wrote:

Loved David Archuleta performing last night....if it was a song I knew! mad I would have loved for him to sing, "Crush." He still looks like such a baby...and did anyone else notice he was wearing his jacket out there? Whistle

Loved his performance! He looks so cute! lol
It looks like he's getting better at interviews too! Before he would say something and laugh... talk and laugh... :haha: But now I see him talking in longer sentences...
What do you mean about the jacket?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Misti wrote:
I maybe in the minority here, but I don't like Adam for some reason. Now, he does have a good voice but something about him gets on my nerves. He looks weird to me. That may not be a reason not to like someone; but I can't get past it. No

Loved David Archuleta performing last night....if it was a song I knew! mad I would have loved for him to sing, "Crush." He still looks like such a baby...and did anyone else notice he was wearing his jacket out there? Whistle

No, you're not alone Misti---he's beginning to get on my nerves too. He now has a signature 'screech' and 'gasp' that he seems incapable of diminishing in ANY song he does and it's making me crazy. I DID like him, but he's a little too 'too', ya know?

About David---honestly, I thought he stunk last night! That song was anything but effortless for him---a lot of people still don't know Crush and he should have done that one. Or ANYthing else from his album---I have it and there are some good songs that would have suited him better, for a live show like that. Very disappointing. Is it just me, or did he seem nervous last night?! SO 'un-David-like'! Maybe he was nervous because he knew he couldn't pull that song off! :unsure: That said, I thought he was adorable and it was great to see him! He's such a sweet kid and I just want to grab his cheeks and squeeze! (ahem, no, not THOSE cheeks---get your mind out of the gutter. Wink ). I didn't notice his jacket...I recorded it; I'll have to check that out.

Carol wrote:
I think the top 3 will be Adam, Danny & Kris..... although I would prefer it to be Matt and not Danny. I don't understand why they don't like Matt too much. Maybe because they compare him to Justin Timberlake too much and the people have already seen Justin... it's kind of a "been there, done that" type of deal maybe? But they look at Danny with fresh eyes because he's something new... and so is Kris...
I think the next one to go will be either Matt or Alison.

Good point about Matt...I've wondered that too. He even kind of 'moves' like Justin, like he's studied him. I really hope Allison is next to go, and not Matt. I think she's now been in the bottom 3 more than he has, am I right? :think: Neither one of them have the strongest of fan-bases so it could be either I guess. The thing about Danny---he has got some serious personality going on. Personality means everything in this competition; even if it shouldn't, it could very well get him further than Kris or Matt just based on that. Unlike Matt, he does have a strong fanbase....I would pick Kris's voice though any day. Love him!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 pm

I think that David wore his jacket as a part of his "wardrobe" for the performance. I also made the comment to my husband about how much better he did talking to Ryan and the bottom 2 during the interview.
I'm not a big fan of Alison's either. I like her, but she's not in my top 3. Honestly, I don't think that I would ever buy anyone's album from this season. I'm just not that into them.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Amy wrote:

No, you're not alone Misti---he's beginning to get on my nerves too. He now has a signature 'screech' and 'gasp' that he seems incapable of diminishing in ANY song he does and it's making me crazy. I DID like him, but he's a little too 'too', ya know?

About David---honestly, I thought he stunk last night!

The thing about Danny---he has got some serious personality going on. Personality means everything in this competition; even if it shouldn't, it could very well get him further than Kris or Matt just based on that. Unlike Matt, he does have a strong fanbase....I would pick Kris's voice though any day. Love him!

I think Adam is okay... I mean, he's pretty good if you are into his type of music. Personally I don't like it when he screams or sticks his tongue out or goes too wild. I like him singing softer songs with a more clean look. My favorite one of all time from him was "Mad World" I LOVE the way he sang that song.

I heard David was sick last night that why he sounded like that. I liked that song... it's one of the good songs from his CD...

Yes, you are right about Danny and his personality... he has more of that than Matt.

Teresa wrote:
I think that David wore his jacket as a part of his "wardrobe" for the performance. I also made the comment to my husband about how much better he did talking to Ryan and the bottom 2 during the interview.
I'm not a big fan of Alison's either. I like her, but she's not in my top 3. Honestly, I don't think that I would ever buy anyone's album from this season. I'm just not that into them.

What jacket is everyone talking about? :think: :unsure: lol
I just saw him with a sweater....

Hmm... yeah Teresa, I dont' think I'll be buying any CD from anyone on this season... lol
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfANTEWmTVc

Yep, it's a sweater. I just watched it on this youtube video because I couldn't remember exactly what he wore. It looks like a jacket, but you can tell it's a sweater.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm

What about his jacket/sweater though? lol
What's wrong with it?
I'm lost :unsure: Laughing

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Carol wrote:
What about his jacket/sweater though? lol
What's wrong with it?
I'm lost :unsure: Laughing

What he wore when he was performing....I thought it was a jacket because it looks like the one I wear; and mine is cloth. I just thought he looked like a boy that had walked in off the street and sang.

I guess him being sick explained how he performed the song. But I still think he's adorable. I would have preferred "Crush" because that is his song I have on my "MySpace" playlist. I LOVE that song!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 am

Carol wrote:
I think Adam is okay... I mean, he's pretty good if you are into his type of music. Personally I don't like it when he screams or sticks his tongue out or goes too wild. I like him singing softer songs with a more clean look. My favorite one of all time from him was "Mad World" I LOVE the way he sang that song.

I heard David was sick last night that why he sounded like that. I liked that song... it's one of the good songs from his CD...

I totally agree with you Carol....Mad World was his best, IMO. He wasn't as 'over the top' as he usually is. It's the screeching and tongue thing he does that I can't get into, I agree. AND the 'gasps' he makes---he just has this weird breathing thing that he does and I find it annoying. They're always talking about 'phrasing'...that is ONE place where they could actually criticize him, but he is never critiqued for a darn thing! That's what I mean by 'too polished'...they can't even find anything to critique him on! He just never needed Idol to go places, not like so many of these other people. Sorry, I'm being a broken record on the Adam thing. I'll shut up now. batEyes He IS good and I do enjoy some of his songs. Wink

About David last night, I actually didn't mind the song itself---it was kind of cool. What I minded is that it sounded way too big for him (live, that is...now as a studio song I'm sure he rocks on it...I don't remember it on the album but I've only had it for a short time). But that explains a LOT, if he was sick, because that was just not the "David" we all know and love right there.

And the jacket---yeah...it's a bit odd, huh? :unsure: Maybe he was cold from being sick. grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Idol is on tonight guys! Don't miss it! :sing:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Yes, and the theme is songs of the Rat Pack! Applause I am really looking forward to it! I'm excited because this should suit Matt very well....they've said he reminds them of Michael Buble, who of course has that Frank Sinatra vibe. I hope Matt really runs with it! I know Allison is really good, but honestly I'd rather see her or even Danny go first, before Matt.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:15 pm

So what did you all think? I really loved the song choices. My favorites were Kris and....DANNY! I don't really care for him, but that genre was perfect for him! I can see him doing an album with just those kinds of songs...

I think Randy was right, Matt was a little pitchy, but I did still think he was quite good. I like that they acknowledged that he did indeed pick a difficult song...he did last week too, with "Stayin' Alive", and I like that about him---he's not taking the 'easy way out', that's for sure. And I loved that he gave a shout out to my son's college last night! I didn't realize that he went to the same university! Thumbsup

I thought Adam was WAY over the top....just way too broadway/theatrical for this show. I'm finding him more annoying with each week that passes. And the fac that the judges never seem to be able to give an OUNCE of criticism just goes to show how overqualified he is for this show. Ugh.

Allison was great last night, but I am really hoping it's her tonight. I want Matt to stay!!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:27 pm

I have to admit that Danny surprised me last night!!! Finally I get a feeling of "Wow!" from Danny. He did real good! Applause
I didn't like Adam too much either, he had a pretty good note, but the overall song... no thanks.
My favorites in order were: Matt, Danny & Kris.

I love Alison, but I hope she goes tonight out of the 5.

:idance:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Carol!! You liked Danny!!! Cheer LOL, not that I LOVE him, but gotta give him props on that one. Wink

And Allison is SUCH a trooper....I don't understand Simon, really, when it comes to her. She was pretty amazing last night and it seems that he always has an 'issue' with her. For her 'genre', she is pretty darn great---that's just not me. As they commented, she's like "Pink" and I'm not a Pink fan.

We are definitely down to the serious nitty gritty of the talent now....tonight's vote off will be tough.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 am

I'm sad that Matt went home. I think it was good that Adam was in the bottom 3, and even better that he was in the bottom 2. I think he needed to be "humbled" a bit. I thought that Alison, rather than Chris would be in the bottom 3. Honestly, I'm not sure who I want to win anymore. I don't really care all that much for any of the remaining contestants. It's just an "off" season for me. Alison is okay, Chris has weird facial expressions, Danny sounds pretty much the same every week, and Adam is too theatrical.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 am

Awww, Adam...I was soo close to getting rid of you! No So close but yet so far..

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 am

Have Alison and Danny ever been in the Bottom Three? Cause I think the person that wins is always one that has never been in the bottom three or two so if that is true then Adam will at least not win lol I watch yesterday again but i just don't like this season

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 am

Alison has been in the bottom 3 a couple of times, but I don't think that Danny has, although I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Yeah, I don't feel for this group what I felt for last year with Archie, David Cook, Jason Castro...
I'm watching but I am not interested in buying any of their CDs EXCEPT for maybe Matt :P

I was shocked that Adam was in the bottom 2! lol But also glad... because he did needed to be humbled...

Wow, Alison and Danny in top 2!
Okay Amy, now I see that maybe Danny could possibly win Adam. I just know that Adam & Danny will be in the finals...

I'm sad that Matt went! Blue
But not too sad because he'll be on the tour and still make money lol

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Yeah, it's still all 'up' from here for Matt. But I am still sad it was him! I was hoping for Allison, but geesh, she was more than safe! She beat out Adam!

I think it's tough to tell what that was all about, with Adam in the bottom two. I have a feeling his fans are just getting a little too comfortable (as HE is as well Whistle ), and they either didn't call in at all, or voted for their second favorite. I definitely agree with you, Teresa...he needed to be knocked down a peg or two. I loved the look of utter shock on Allison & Danny's faces! Now that was humility.

My 'new' favorite is definitely Kris...I really like him, and his 'pure' voice. I was surprised to see him in the bottom 3---I figured it would be Allison. BUT, that said, he did sing first, and that's never good. Although, look at Adam, he sang last and was in the bottom 2! Again, I think the fans felt that helped solidy his safety. You just never know! I do like Danny (now more than ever), but I would love to see Kris against Adam as well. Like Misti, I'd just prefer Adam was gone altogether...I don't forsee that happening though! :think:

I'm not as 'emotionally' attached to this group either....no one has 'moved me' in the way that David Cook and David Archuletta did, or Jason Castro.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:35 pm

David Cook's older brother, Adam, passed away last Saturday, May 2nd.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/david-cook-200945

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:43 pm

So very sad. It's wonderful that David decided to still grand marshall the race the next day. That had to be SO tough.

Here is a statement released by David on his website:

http://www.davidcookofficial.com/blog/behalf-my-family-and-myself

Adam & Danny had a tough night I think. I wasn't very big on anyone's song choices. Adam was good, although screechy as ever....however it was Led Zepplin. Wink I'm hoping it's Allison tomorrow!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:40 am

How sad about David's brother Blue

Amy wrote:
Adam & Danny had a tough night I think.

Two words: "Danny's Scream" ROTFL

Awww... kind of sad to see Alison go, but like she said, she's already won something... plus she's going on tour.

Can't wait to see their home town event for Adam, Kris & Danny! :woohooo:

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:43 am

Danny's scream was horrendous! He could have gone home for that. I'm thinking that it's going to be Danny and Adam in the finale. Danny has to really bring it though to beat Adam, although I think that Adam may already have it in the bag.

I loved listening to Daughtry last night!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Teresa wrote:
Danny's scream was horrendous! He could have gone home for that.

Yes... it sounded like he was having some sort of operation without anesthesia... Laughing

Well I'm glad he realized that it was pretty funny when he looked back at it. I mean, here he was singing and then all of a sudden he goes into this high note... my eyes also got big like Randy's Laughing

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:18 pm

It sounded like he was having a baby! LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 8
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next