Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much is gas in your area?

Go down 
+35
EllieJane
susansmoose
david
I Love Dean
Kristina
Docfan
ashkate11871
Trixie
Samantha
edwina
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Dweller
Alice
Teresa
bethandmanly
Farmer Girl
Coach Jon
JW
pamh36
LIWnut
flatbroke
Amy
LM
rana
Lily
Kathleen Marie
Lori
Savannah
jes9
ChristinaAL
Debbie
Misti
Rhonda
Rob
Carol
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Happy010

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:52 am

I think I'll start looking at the bus schedule to see if I could save some money that way. :unsure:

I already got rid of some services I had (which were not really a necesity but more of an entertainment) but I'll be saving about $28 a month by cancelling my Live365 & Netflix subcription.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:55 am

Woah! I hope that it doesn't reach five and six dollars!

I read once that if everyone didn't gas for a day or two it would hurt the gas stations so much that they would have to lower their prices. Not sure if that's true though.

Gas in southern Wisconsin is 3.86 to 3.94. I'm not sure what gas is in Illinois. I'm sure it's about ten cents more than 3.94 though. Wisconsin has a cheaper tax than Illinois, so my family and I try to fill up the tanks when we're in Wisconsin.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:19 pm

We got it 3.69 the other day, and I made a comment to my dad that it's sad when 3.69 is cheap.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Little
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:21 am

Carol wrote:
I'll be saving about $28 a month by cancelling my Live365 & Netflix subcription.

Nooo! Take anything, but please don't take my Netflix! affraid

Back in the early '80s my parents and I drove out to North Dakota to visit my sister. We kept a log of all our expenses, and the other day I was looking at it. This really caught my eye...

Stopped for gas: 14 gallons, $15.50

Those were the days. At the current price, 14 gals would be nearly $60. No
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:56 am

Oh, Rob, isn't that the saddest thing?! I mean, it really IS crazy! We remember that before we moved to our current house 10 years ago, gas was about $1.69/ gallon! OhMy

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:30 am

:faint2:

Some missionary friends of mine in Europe told me that they're paying the equivalent of nearly $9.00 a gallon. Something has to be done. Average families just can't make it like this. There's only so much belt-tightening that can be done.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:59 am

They had a story on the news last night about families having to choose between putting fuel in their cars or sending their kids to daycare, or the doctor, or even going to work themselves. It said that they call in and tell their bosses, "Sorry, but little Johnny has a doctor's appointment this week, and I have to save my fuel to get him there, so coming in today can't be done." Now how sad is that? No

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Rhonda10How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:17 pm

It's heartbreaking! What's awful, too, is that people have known for years and years that we need an alternative power source. The research in that area is really only being given a token glance. If it had been a priority, then by now, we'd have a feasible alternative to fossil fuels. I realize that there are a lot of other factors at play, too - mostly political. But if it been given the importance that it deserves, this problem would already have a solution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Rhonda wrote:
They had a story on the news last night about families having to choose between putting fuel in their cars or sending their kids to daycare, or the doctor, or even going to work themselves. It said that they call in and tell their bosses, "Sorry, but little Johnny has a doctor's appointment this week, and I have to save my fuel to get him there, so coming in today can't be done." Now how sad is that? No

Thats just terrible. When will this end? I fell for the truckers too. How they are making any money at this point in time I'll never know. It's just not the gas..food and everyday things have gone up too. But one thing has stayed the same....Min Wage. How can people stay ahead of the game? Something needs to be done!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Savannah wrote:
It's heartbreaking! What's awful, too, is that people have known for years and years that we need an alternative power source. The research in that area is really only being given a token glance. If it had been a priority, then by now, we'd have a feasible alternative to fossil fuels. I realize that there are a lot of other factors at play, too - mostly political. But if it been given the importance that it deserves, this problem would already have a solution.

:agree:

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 ChristinaKeeper2 How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:25 pm

i think ours is like 3.89 or 3.99

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 am

by dad payed 3.75 yesterday

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:14 am

:faint2: I hate it that $3.75 sounds like a good deal to me.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 am

Savannah wrote:
:faint2: I hate it that $3.75 sounds like a good deal to me.

I hear ya, Savannah...we were racing to the pump yesterday to get it for $3.88! It's crazy that we think that's a good deal! :scratch:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Amy wrote:
I hear ya, Savannah...we were racing to the pump yesterday to get it for $3.88!

:sad5: Ouch!
I think we need to start riding horses again...(but then, hay and feed are so high because of...gas!) cowboyR

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Ours plummeted to $4.01 today. I tanked up.

Remember the days you could put $25 worth of gas in your car, and while it was pumping you had time to squeegee all your windows? Now the tank's full by the time you get the windshield done. mad
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:22 am

$4.50 here. :crySC:

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 7:03 am

Ah the joys of not being able to drive. I don't have gas to pay for.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 MarilynKeeper How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:45 am

Carol wrote:

Say what?!?! OhMy Oh Carol, you poor thing! :alright: Surely it's a sign to come for all of us. No

And LOL Marilyn! It's like my son going off to college in the fall---he's going to take the bus around campus and off-campus---it's free for students anywhere they want to go. We're going to spend more money for diving there for visits, and we'll have to pay for the bus rides home. I have to wonder if the regular busing lines are going to increase their rates. Maybe they already have. :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:56 am

LIWnut wrote:
Ah the joys of not being able to drive. I don't have gas to pay for.

Blue You sort of still do. The price of gas is responsible for the rising grocery prices. The use of Ethanol in gas is responsible for higher grocery prices, too, since so many products are corn-based, and the price of corn has dramatically risen. Even non-grocery related items are costing more, because it costs more to ship them. Books, magazines........you name it, we're paying more because of the rise in gas prices. Even those who don't drive end up paying for higher gas prices.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 am

Yep, that's true. And it's what's going to kill us all...it would be one thing if it was only the gas that was increasing, but it's everything! No It's not like most of us are getting paid any more for our jobs either...in fact my hubby is making less this year than last because they took his overtime away. My dad is actually thinking about coming out of retirement and getting a part-time job! It's CrAzY!!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Carol wrote:

AGGHHH!!! Maybe I don't want a car, or my licence. bawling

Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Party010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 7:57 pm

I pay 4.23 with out my Costco card and 3.98 with it.

How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Wow, that's quite a savings!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Filled up for $4.19, which was cheaper than getting it in town for $4.25 per gallon.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much is gas in your area?
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next