Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Cloud910

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Where did you get it Jacob? I can't find it anywhere!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 am

I live rather close to the border so i went to the states pick one up at Walmart. Canadian Walmarts don't have them  OhMy Yes i am a Crazy fan lol, Amazon.com has them pretty cheap but shipping to Canada is around $10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Jacobk10DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:42 am

Wonder why Canada doesn't have them yet

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm

JW wrote:
I got Season 1 over the weekend. Its AMAZING!!! I will be getting all of them as they come out. I wish they would do this with the Waltons as well.  Smile 

Thumbsup Thumbsup   I know. I love them!  I'm still on disc 1 lol ... wish I had more time to have a LHOTP entire day marathon!  Laughing 
But I really do enjoy them with my headphones - great sound and picture quality is great!  Little by little I'll get through Season 1  CoolG

Some pics from Country Girls  (These are computer screen shots (edited a little) from my Flixter account) Smile 

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 CG1

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 CG2

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 CG3

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 am

Caroline From "Founders Day". Pretty Shot!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Caroli12
And Jack and Laura From "Country Girls".
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Jack_l10
And The Wonderful Beginning of The "Egg" Relationship.
"Brown Eggs Are Four Cents Less!"
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Brown_10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Wow! That is so clear.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm not going to lie about it. I am VERY mad that they did this. I have the entire collection on DVD and I didn't plan on buying it again. I can see how much clearer it is. That doesn't make me happy. And I am not too happy about the scenes that were missing (yes, occasionally my brother and I discuss missing scenes - our discussions usually begin with "Wasn't there a scene in 'Little House' when....). It just bothers me. While I understand technology has improved and they can make everything better than it was before, it is kind of unfair. All it is, to me, is an excuse to make people spend more money. Will I ever spend the money? As of right now, no. Maybe in 10 years when they will re-release them again. I don't know. I just think it is unfair to do it so soon after the others were released. And if they did this because of the 40th anniversary, then they should've just held off until then to release any of it in the first place.

Please excuse my crabbiness over this. I am still a bit irritated over having to spend my money on a new computer (money I was saving for something that I wanted to do next year).

Those pictures really are clearer, though. It just frustrates me.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Hang in there. The 50th Anniversary release will probably be 3D! But at my age, I can't afford to wait!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm

MissOleson wrote:
I'm not going to lie about it.  I am VERY mad that they did this.  I have the entire collection on DVD and I didn't plan on buying it again.  I can see how much clearer it is.  That doesn't make me happy.  And I am not too happy about the scenes that were missing (yes, occasionally my brother and I discuss missing scenes - our discussions usually begin with "Wasn't there a scene in 'Little House' when....).  It just bothers me.  While I understand technology has improved and they can make everything better than it was before, it is kind of unfair.  All it is, to me, is an excuse to make people spend more money.  Will I ever spend the money?  As of right now, no.  Maybe in 10 years when they will re-release them again.  I don't know.  I just think it is unfair to do it so soon after the others were released.  And if they did this because of the 40th anniversary, then they should've just held off until then to release any of it in the first place.

Please excuse my crabbiness over this.  I am still a bit irritated over having to spend my money on a new computer (money I was saving for something that I wanted to do next year).

Those pictures really are clearer, though.  It just frustrates me.

Miss Oleson As much as i love the new ones if i already owned the other sets i wouldn't buy these.
One thing i don't like about the new ones is there are no Booklets about the Episode Descriptions.  Yikes 

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Jacobk10DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Hang in there. The 50th Anniversary release will probably be 3D! But at my age, I can't afford to wait!
You can joke about it, but I can seriously see them doing it!  Smile 

JW wrote:

Miss Oleson As much as i love the new ones if i already owned the other sets i wouldn't buy these.
One thing i don't like about the new ones is there are no Booklets about the Episode Descriptions.  Yikes 
Thanks for letting me know that. I do admit that I do like things like episode descriptions. I just like those little bonuses to things (kind of like the fact that I like to buy a CD rather than download it so I can get the liner notes  Smile ).

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:06 pm

MissOleson wrote:
I'm not going to lie about it.  I am VERY mad that they did this.  I have the entire collection on DVD and I didn't plan on buying it again.  I can see how much clearer it is.  That doesn't make me happy.  And I am not too happy about the scenes that were missing (yes, occasionally my brother and I discuss missing scenes - our discussions usually begin with "Wasn't there a scene in 'Little House' when....).  It just bothers me.  While I understand technology has improved and they can make everything better than it was before, it is kind of unfair.  All it is, to me, is an excuse to make people spend more money.  Will I ever spend the money?  As of right now, no.  Maybe in 10 years when they will re-release them again.  I don't know.  I just think it is unfair to do it so soon after the others were released.  And if they did this because of the 40th anniversary, then they should've just held off until then to release any of it in the first place.

Please excuse my crabbiness over this.  I am still a bit irritated over having to spend my money on a new computer (money I was saving for something that I wanted to do next year).

Those pictures really are clearer, though.  It just frustrates me.

I totally understand what your saying. I get why you don't want to spend the money on them again. I'M not buying them again either. I already own them on DVD to. Maybe when they go down in price. Yeah they just want you to make money. How much are the seasons? Maybe if I seen them at the second hand store one day. Then sure. LOL

Yeah. I wouldn't want to download them on ITunes either. It would just take to much of my internet usage.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

$18.99 is a small price to pay to be able to watch these episodes in high definition. In the year 2014, if I can watch Little House and see things I've never seen before, and not have to put up with terrible prints, I'm first in line.

And you bet they make money. That's what they are in business for. You only go around once, and when the best is available, I gotta have it.

But if I didn't care about picture quality, missing scenes or bad sound, I wouldn't buy them either.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

I PAID LIKE UNDER $50.00 bucks for the DVDS. Yeah if you want them bad then they are worth it.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:22 am

The price is right for the new release seasons. I saw the regular seasons in Walmart for 20 dollars each.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 am

The priced went down. At HMV They are priced like $40 dollars.

Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

JW wrote:
The price is right for the new release seasons. I saw the regular seasons in Walmart for 20 dollars each.

At Sam's Club, they are $18.99 Jacob, so I agree with you......A lot lower than the old ones were.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 am

At target they were priced $20.00 dollars. The old set.

Back to top Go down
lauraingalls79
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
lauraingalls79

Number of posts : 23
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am

I am really enjoying the Deluxe version DVD set of season 1. I am about to be on episode 22. I love the enhanced quality and the deleted scenes.I cannot wait for season 2. I hope they announce season 3 next.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Lhotp6
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 am

lauraingalls79 wrote:
I am really enjoying the Deluxe version DVD set of season 1. I am about to be on episode 22. I love the enhanced quality and the deleted scenes.I cannot wait for season 2. I hope they announce season 3 next.

It doesn't get any better! Fun Stuff!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Countr20

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 pm

I bought this one yesterday. I TRIED not to, but it just said " Do it!".
I paid $17.99. LOVE the special features. So as long as there is something more to be seen about Little House , a sucker I will be.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm dying to be a "sucker" too Gin but it's not available in Canada. Grrrr.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:02 pm

I bought season 1 today at Target. I bought the regular DVD version. They have both Blu Ray and the regular version. Season 2 gets released this month. I plan on buying each season. Smile
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:44 am

Hooray! Walmart informed me that Season Two Shipped today!

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:25 pm

I don't think anybody is a sucker for buying these again.  As far as I know companies weren't going back to the original film elements for TV shows on DVD at the time they started releasing Little House on DVD.  There wasn't much of an incentive to go back to original film elements until the Blu-ray format became popular since Blu-ray was the first home video format that could come close to showcasing the true beauty of film.  I have read that restoring from film is an expensive and time consuming process, so I feel very lucky that I was able to buy the first two season on Blu-ray for under $20 each.  The new DVDs also look very good since they are from the same film source as the Blu-rays and it is probably worth getting the new release on DVD if you don't have a Blu-ray player,  but there is still a noticeable difference in the SD vs HD screenshots I previously posted of the new release.  

The fact that many people paid around $30 per season for the original DVD releases may be the reason we are getting the cheap prices now.  Luckily I only own the first four seasons of the original releases because of the negative reviews and didn't pay much.  I got the first two seasons when I signed up for Columbia House several years ago and I found a 3 and 4 combo pack at Walmart for $15 a couple years ago.  I am now spoiled and hope they will re-release the rest of the seasons on Blu-ray.  If they don't release anymore, I will probably never own the entire series because I refuse to pay for seasons 5-9 of the old releases unless I can get them for about a dollar each.  Luckily if I heard Dean Butler right in one of the interviews the other day, he said over 200 hours of the series has already been restored.  That would cover most if not all the series, so I'm optimistic that the rest of the seasons will be released on Blu-ray.  

If anyone is still mad that they have to double dip to get the good quality releases, think about fans of the Andy Griffith Show.  Season One is being released on Blu-ray this Tuesday after all the seasons were previously released on DVD.  The major difference is that the list price for season one is $129.99 and the cheapest it can be found is $74.96 at Walmart and Amazon.  To top it off, the Blu-ray.com review rated it lower than season one of Little House on both video and audio quality.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:22 am

Even He's Excited!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Obama_10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun May 04, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 9 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next