Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Goodsi10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:50 am

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:43 pm

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 BigTV_zpsef7a5901DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 TVGuys_zps924a973e
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:47 pm

I just got a HD TV to go along with my new DVD....my twins graduate from college this month and tuition payments stopped in March....so I am upgrading my TV (finally) and getting a new stove to replace my 27 year old one which is dying. (I don't expect the same length of life from this one though)

Can't wait to see it as it was made to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Rob wrote:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 BigTV_zpsef7a5901DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 TVGuys_zps924a973e

ha

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm seriously jealous. I might have to break down and get these before they hit the shelves in Canada. I can't wait til July when I go to the reunion in Walnut Grove.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Can you order them online from a american store?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:12 am

Is it just me, or did that bread always look good on Little House? It even looks better in Hi Definition!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Bread210

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:58 am

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Cat_co10

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 11:06 am

HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Wink 

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Hunk10

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Cute. haha

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Is it just me, or did that bread always look good on Little House? It even looks better in Hi Definition!
\

I'm a bread-addict especially homemade, crusty bread and I always wanted to go through the screen and have a piece....well 2 or 3.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:53 am

Davetucson wrote:
$18.99 is a small price to pay to be able to watch these episodes in high definition. In the year 2014, if I can watch Little House and see things I've never seen before, and not have to put up with terrible prints, I'm first in line.

And you bet they make money. That's what they are in business for. You only go around once, and when the best is available, I gotta have it.

But if I didn't care about picture quality, missing scenes or bad sound, I wouldn't buy them either.
Well, $18.99 is not that small of a price for me to pay.  Not when money has already been spent on the series once before.  And I most definitely care about the overall quality of the shows (and probably the missing scenes more than the quality), but money like that just can't be thrown around all the time.  And I do think it is a shame that companies do things like this.  Either make the DVD's the way that they knew they were going to eventually make them the first time around or, if that wasn't possible at that time, wait until it can be done and release it then.  They should've waited until now. But this is just how I feel about it.

Basically, I just spent approximately $800 on everything that was needed for a new computer, approximately $550 on my car (and I have a few more things that still need to be done - who knows what that will cost!) and over $800 on an unexpected root canal last Thursday.  I can't just give some greedy company more money. It doesn't make me any less of a fan if I don't buy these. I just can't do it. And I probably never will.  

But on a lighter note....
Davetucson wrote:
I've always said the bread looks so good on the show (the popcorn, too).  It is so nice and white.  Just perfect.  Smile
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:40 am

Someone said in one of their books, the food was real and it was good...easy to eat. Sometimes you can tell food is fake, the milk is too thick, they never really put the food in their mouths, etc.
I would have gotten in trouble for not saving my food for extra takes. lol

The candy in store though was stale..."Cassandara" said they tried to steal some and it was hard. Oh well...that was to save some teeth.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:46 am

MissOleson wrote:
Davetucson wrote:
$18.99 is a small price to pay to be able to watch these episodes in high definition. In the year 2014, if I can watch Little House and see things I've never seen before, and not have to put up with terrible prints, I'm first in line.

And you bet they make money. That's what they are in business for. You only go around once, and when the best is available, I gotta have it.

But if I didn't care about picture quality, missing scenes or bad sound, I wouldn't buy them either.
Well, $18.99 is not that small of a price for me to pay.  Not when money has already been spent on the series once before.  And I most definitely care about the overall quality of the shows (and probably the missing scenes more than the quality), but money like that just can't be thrown around all the time.  And I do think it is a shame that companies do things like this.  Either make the DVD's the way that they knew they were going to eventually make them the first time around or, if that wasn't possible at that time, wait until it can be done and release it then.  They should've waited until now.  But this is just how I feel about it.

Basically, I just spent approximately $800 on everything that was needed for a new computer, approximately $550 on my car (and I have a few more things that still need to be done - who knows what that will cost!) and over $800 on an unexpected root canal last Thursday.  I can't just give some greedy company more money.  It doesn't make me any less of a fan if I don't buy these.  I just can't do it.  And I probably never will.

I can certainly sympathize with you about the root canal. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. And I can certainly understand how you feel about the added expense. It reminds me of my dad when color TV came out. It was those greedy companies again! He had to go out and buy a new television. I have felt your pain many times when Microsoft or Apple upgraded their systems and obsoleted mine, forcing me to upgrade! Yes, I can certainly see where you are coming from. I bought a new HI Def 46" 1080IP television 4 years ago that cost close to $2000. The same one now is about $799. Now they have a 2160IP that is $5,000! And I certainly don't plan on buying that.

But one thing I will never do is to condemn an industry that is constantly improving due to emerging technology. I just can't do it, and I never will. If I can't afford it, I can't afford it. That's my problem and I don't blame it on anyone else, especially the industry that has made it available. If you want to blame companies for not being able to afford something, you are in for a lot of disappointment.

I certainly understand why you do not want to buy the DVD's. But I will never agree with about who you about who you are blaming it on.........

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

I just had to say that. I understand were your coming from. It doesn't make you less of a fan if you don't have them. I really do understand about your expenses. I also understand about the dentist. I had to go threw fillings. They are not cheap. I'M not buying the Blu Ray DVDS. Either because i don't have the money to re-buy them at the moment. Don't have a Blu Ray player. I already have it on DVD and happy with them. BUT maybe one day i'll get them & RTA on HD.  Smile When DVD players came out. My parents didn't buy it right away. When the VCR finally broke we did. LOL. My parents didn't buy a flat screen T.V when they first came out either. I mean i love flat screen T>V they are nice. lol Anways we do have choices not to buy alll new things that come out. To be honest some things are better to wait to they go down in price. Smile 
Back to top Go down
lauraingalls79
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
lauraingalls79

Number of posts : 23
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:23 pm

I just ordered season 2 deluxe edition DVD from Amazon. It should come on May 9th if not sooner so excited .I was real impressed and happy with season 1 I wanted season 2. I hope they announce season 3.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Lhotp6
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:38 pm

These collections are not available in Canada so I ordered seasons 1 and 2 today from Amazon US. Looking forward to seeing new scenes from all of the shows and the documentary and bonus features.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:06 pm

It's always worth it Marilyn!   Any tiny bite of LH we can get is worth it!!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:14 am

Gin wrote:

The only thing better is to be able to see marvelous ability like this! All those tiny bits add up to something very special!
And we get to see this for FREE!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Albert14

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:16 am

I just bought season 2 at Target. They have it on sale this week for $17.99. I haven't yet seen when season 3 will be released.  :smile:
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:17 am

Davetucson wrote:
Gin wrote:

The only thing better is to be able to see marvelous ability like this! All those tiny bits add up to something very special!
And we get to see this for FREE!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Albert14
That is a great sketch of Albert.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:27 am

Look At That Flag! From Season Two...............

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Season10

Best extra: Only one, “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon Part Two – In the Beginning,” an HD featurettte

THE BELOVED classic series, “Little House on the Prairie: Season 2,” arrives only five weeks after the “First Season” debuted on Blu-ray, thanks in part to the large number of pre-sale orders on Amazon.

The Second Season continues the story about the harsh realities facing the Ingalls family on the rugged frontier. The adventures of Charles “Pa” Ingalls (Michael Landon); his wife Caroline (Karen Grassle), and daughters Mary (Melissa Sue Anderson), Laura (Melissa Gilbert) and Carrie (Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush) play out as the entire family works together to repay a debt, find a home for orphaned children, stop a runaway train caboose, and celebrate America’s centennial. While the majority of the content is light-hearted and conflicts are resolved before the end of each episode, a few storylines have more dramatic themes such as suicide, prejudice, and dealing with a natural disaster.
There is only one bonus feature, “In the Beginning,” featuring executive producer and creator Ed Friendly, who brought “Little House” to millions of viewers. He discovered the books through his 16-year-old daughter, Brooke, who had religiously read the novels every year from the time she was a young child. Intrigued by this level of interest, Friendly borrowed a book and enjoyed it so much, he phoned his attorney to inquire whether the rights for a television series were still available. “He believed [in the novel] so much, Friendly put up his own money to option it and paid a writer to write the screenplay,” his son, Trip Friendly, tells us.

Once Friendly completed the first script, his next step was to find the ideal director. Impressed by Michael Landon’s directorial work on “Bonanza,” he asked his daughter Brooke to take the script to him. By that afternoon, Landon had not only agreed to direct the series, but also wanted to star in it.

Like its Season One predecessor, this HD release does not disappoint fans. Lionsgate and NBC has fully restored and remastered all 22 episodes, uncut. Color and sound is amazing, far exceeding the previous DVD release.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 10 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next