Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Bokmal10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Here is the deleted scene from "Stone Soup". Takes place right after Albert told Willie that he was going to Ma about Laura not accepting any help. Willie walks over to the mercantile and there are two farmers asking Nels for extended credit because of the heat wave. Nels tells them yes and Harriet calls him in and chews him out for giving more credit......Willie then asks Harriet if he can help Laura. Harriet says no and Nels tells him to go help her.............If the farmer on the left looks familiar, he is. Same actor who played Fred the bartender In Winoka "As Long As Were Together".
This was a nice scene.......Willie growing into manhood and wanting to help someone.......
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Ss710

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

This is an interesting deleted scene from "The Stranger".......It takes place just before the scene at the lake when Peter tries to show his Father that he can swim. Peter's Father has stops at the Olesons to pick up Peter. As he arrives, Harriet is singing "I Dream Of Jeannie" to Nels. And boy is it horrible. Nels explains that Peter is with the Ingalls and Harriet quickly states that it wasn't her idea. As they leave to go out to the lake, Nels grabs Harriet and tells Harriet to stay there.....He says "At least you won't be singing to me!" First time I ever heard Harriet trying to seriously sing. Hopefully it will be the last!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Strang10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 am

Here's the deleted scene from "Times of Change". All of you probably remember when Mary and Charles arrive in Chicago and meet John Jr.'s editor. He invites them all to dinner, but we never saw the dinner. Now, in the new DVD's you do. They have dinner and Mary mentions the dance to John and he gets an uncomfortable look on his face. Mary looks at the deserts and smacks her lips.......
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Times_10

Back to top Go down
lauraingalls79
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
lauraingalls79

Number of posts : 23
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 pm

I noticed some extended scenes in the music box,bunny,The Election,and almost all of season 3. I cannot wait to get season 4 and so forth.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Lhotp6
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 am

I'm ready for season 7. I can hardly wait to see missing scenes from Dearest Albert, I'll Miss you, The In-Laws, Sylvia, Goodbye, Mrs. Wilder, I Do, Again and The Lost Ones.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:07 am

Wow! Pretty exciting! Applause
And as if I didn't cry enough in I'll Be Waving as you Drive Away! lol

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:51 pm

I hope anybody who planned on buying the complete series on Vudu for $39.99 went ahead and did so because the price unfortunately went back up to $69.99 for HDX and $59.99 for SD.

I'm still hoping the remaining remastered seasons get released on disc, but so far no date has been announced for season 4 or later.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 am

Carol wrote:
Wow! Pretty exciting! Applause
And as if I didn't cry enough in I'll Be Waving as you Drive Away! lol

When I saw that scene Carol, I thought the same thing. That scene of Charles telling Mary she was going to go blind, was always one of the most gut wrenching scenes in my mind that was ever on the series. To see him trying to get up the nerve to break the news got to me.

He goes through the same thing with Caroline in the deleted scene that adds even more emotion to the story......It is an absolute travesty that anyone would cut that scene in the first place...

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Wilder and Wilder Deleted   DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:31 pm

There is really a cute scene between Albert and Pa that they deleted from Wilder and Wilder. Takes place right after Pearly Day bets Doc Baker twenty Dollars that Almanzo's horse will win. The Ingalls are at the dinner table and Albert asks Charles if they can have a man to man talk. They go outside and Albert asked Charles how to attract a woman. (Penelope).

Charles tells Albert that when they were kids, he entered a pole climbing contest to impress Caroline. That's when Albert gets the idea to enter the greased pig contest to impress Penelope. As Albert leaves he says "Gee Pa, we have to have more of these man to man talks".......Charles laughs as Albert goes in the house. He can't believe he wants to impress Penelope with a pig!

Very funny scene..................
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Wilder10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:27 am

Recap of Deleted Scenes Found So Far......I will update as more are found............

1. As Long As Were Together Part Two - Conversation between Jonathon and Charles about Lars Hansen.

2. The Odyssey - Dylan giving up on the train and Laura and Albert encouraging him to go on.

3. Family Tree - Albert saying goodbye to Laura.

4. May We Make Them Proud Pt. 1 - Clay talking Albert into smoking the pipe.

5. May We Make Them Proud Part 2 - New Opening Scene....Albert not wanting to go to town.

6. Wilder and Wilder - Man to Man talk between Albert and Charles.

7. Fagin - Albert asks if he can call Charles Pa.

8. Times of Change - Charles and Mary have dinner with Newspaper Editor and John Jr.

9. I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away - Charles tells Caroline that Mary will go blind.

10. The Stranger - Peter's father visit Nels and Harriet.  

11. Stone Soup - Willie asks Harriet if he can help Laura.

12. To Live With Fear - Caroline working in Laundry Room.

13. The Wisdom of Solomon - Charles gives Solomon a bath.

14. Sweet Sixteen - Laura comes to teacher's house with new shoes.

15. Men Will Be Boys - Andy Albert talk about giving up and going back. Also additional conversation by the landlady at the boarding house.

16. Goodbye Mrs. Wilder - After Laura returns to teaching, Harriet in the store room.

17. Home Again - extended conversation between Albert and Charles in hotel after dinner  at Laura's. Albert rambles about dunking Nancy at school carnival.

18. Crossed Connections - Conversation between Charles and Jonathon just before they decide to visit Alice's mother.

19. Harriet's Happenings - Jonathon turned down by banker in Sleepy Eye...Tells Charles about it.

20. The Cheaters - Andy lets Albert have it for being the smartest in school....Explains the reason Albert let his grades slip.

21. Sylvia 1 - Albert inviting Sylvia to go fishing and she finally accepts....

22. Author Author - Caroline speaks with excitement about her Mother coming to visit.......

23. She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not Part 1 - Laura talks to a depressed Adam after finding out his Father left no money.

24. She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not Part 2 - Charles tells Caroline about Almanzo liking a saloon girl in Sleepy Eye.....

25. The In Laws - Hilarious scene of Percival hunting down Nellie because she is eating too much. Takes place right after Caroline gets off the phone with Jonathon asking if Charles has arrived yet.

26. Freedom Flight - Mary beats up classmate.

27. Fight Team Fight - After Albert is hurt, Dan tells his Mother he never wanted to play football.

28. He Was Only Twelve Part 1 - Charles consoles Albert over his guilt about James being shot.

29. Creeper of Walnut Grove - Exterior of Church and singing right after Bandit runs away with Laura's sandwich.

30. Here Come The Brides - Nellie crying to Miss Beadle about Luke buying Mary a ring....

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 am

Deleted scene in Crossed Connections. Conversation between Charles and Jonathon while delivering freight to railroad. Jonathon says he has never kept a secret from anyone. Charles says he didn't realize that Jonathon was perfect. When they arrive at railroad, Jonathon asks if he can go to Minneapolis to visit Alice's Mother.
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Crosse10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:02 am

Deleted scene from Harriet's Happenings. Jonathon has been to Sleepy Eye to get a loan to a buy Alice a dress for their Anniversary. Turned down by banker because he read Harriet's column about the Garvey's being bankrupt. It is here that Charles decides to visit the editor and give him a piece of his mind.
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Happen10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:54 am

Surprising deleted scene for The Cheaters. Andy lets Albert have it for being so smart. The angriest Andy I've ever seen.
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Cheat_10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Sylvia 1 - Albert invites Sylvia to go fishing.................
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Sylvia10

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Carol wrote:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Carol11

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Thumbsup Smile Smile Smile
Davetucson wrote:
Carol wrote:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Carol11
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Author, Author   DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Author, Author

The more I delve into these deleted scenes, the more of a treasure chest it becomes. This a very sweet scene of Caroline and Charles talking the night before her Mother and Father are due to arrive. She talks about how her parents are so deeply in love and much she is looking forward to seeing them both, especially her beloved Mother. How they will have so much to talk about...Charles leans over and kisses her and she says "I'm going to make Mother my walnut cake, she always loved it!"

Charles then says "How romantic! I kiss you and you think of walnut cake!" Caroline then gives him a long romantic kiss, and then asks Charles what he is thinking about. He looks at her with one of those Michael Landon grins and says: "Pot Roast!"

It sets the tone for the tragic scene that takes place the next day. The death of her Mother.............

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Author10

Although this is NOT a deleted scene, it's a nice shot of the kids together saying goodbye to Grandpa, just before Melissa's voice over.
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Author11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:58 pm

She Loves Me She Loves Me Not Part 1

This is a very good scene between Laura and Adam on their way back from the reading of Adam's Father's will. Adam is depressed because they have promised the children that the blind school will be rebuilt and now it is impossible. "All we have is a plaque" he sadly says. Laura orders a sandwich and he won't eat. "We will look for a blind school!" she says. "We have to find a building!" In the end she convinces Adam that they will find a new place and it gets Adam's spirits up. He accepts half the sandwich and finally eats. This set up the scene in Sleepy Eye where she finds the school and meets Houston Lamb.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 She_lo10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:47 pm

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not Part 2

This deleted scene takes place right after Nellie walks with her legs bent to look shorter for Percival. Caroline comes home late and asks Charles why the wagon is out front. He explains that a broken hearted Laura has come home early. Charles explains that Almanzo is messing around with a saloon girl in Sleepy Eye. "Nobody is going to hurt one of my babies like that and get away with it!" he angrily says. This scene set the stage for him going for Charles going to Sleepy Eye and discovering that Almanzo is sick and working two jobs to support the blind school.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 She_lo11

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:44 am

There seems to be a lot of deleted Charles and Caroline scenes. Portrait of Love was on Hallmark the other day, so I started it on Vudu at the same point just to compare and it looked much better on Vudu. On Hallmark, it went to commercial after the scene where Marge had Victor tell Caroline she was too sick to travel. It came back from commercial with a shot of Bradleyville right before Caroline went in the saloon to talk to Victor. On Vudu there was a scene in between with Caroline talking with Charles and asking him if she could use the wagon on Friday to go talk to Marge. I don't know if that scene was only cut from Hallmark for commercial time or if it is also cut from the original DVD release of season 7.

By the way, I switched back to Comcast after 6 years on Uverse and finally have the Hallmark Channel again.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am

Dave thanks for that list of deleted scenes, makes me put this higher on my Amazon list. ; )
I loved those shows and look forward to seeing a little more of them. (love the walnut cake reference in Author, Author")
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 am

[quote="Toby"]There seems to be a lot of deleted Charles and Caroline scenes.  Portrait of Love was on Hallmark the other day, so I started it on Vudu at the same point just to compare and it looked much better on Vudu.  On Hallmark, it went to commercial after the scene where Marge had Victor tell Caroline she was too sick to travel.  It came back from commercial with a shot of Bradleyville right before Caroline went in the saloon to talk to Victor.  On Vudu there was a scene in between with Caroline talking with Charles and asking him if she could use the wagon on Friday to go talk to Marge.  I don't know if that scene was only cut from Hallmark for commercial time or if it is also cut from the original DVD release of season 7.  

By the way, I switched back to Comcast after 6 years on Uverse and finally have the Hallmark Channel again.  [/quote

All of the deleted scenes on the list above were old DVD versus New HD Restored.......I really don't compare to Hallmark because they continue to cut more and more for commercials. I guess what I am saying, is just because its not on Hallmark, doesn't mean its a lost scene. Whenever I'm listing a deleted scene, it is not on the old DVD's. Case in point.....Dearest Albert was on Hallmark last week.......They cut out the scene of Albert removing the thorn from Carrie's finger which is on the old DVD's. But I'm sure you know all that Toby, in short, this process can get confusing, so I'm keeping the list to pure Old DVD vs New DVD......

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 am

littlehouselover wrote:
Dave thanks for that list of deleted scenes, makes me put this higher on my Amazon list. ; )
I loved those shows and look forward to seeing a little more of them.  (love the walnut cake reference in Author, Author")

You are most welcome....the pity of it all is that a lot of them are setup scenes for things that are about to happen that clarify the story even more. They have been seeing these scenes in Europe for thirty five years. But alas! We have them now and it's really fun to see them......

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am

The In Laws - Deleted Scene

This is a "must see" for Nellie and Percival fans! By far the most hilarious scene I've seen them do so far. It takes place right after Caroline gets off the phone with Jonathon inquiring as to whether or not Charles has arrived in Sleepy Eye in his race with Almanzo. Caroline goes in the kitchen and Percival comes in looking for Nellie. He says "I don't know what I am going to do with her! This morning I found two Bon Bon boxes under the bed, and two empty pickle jars in the water closet! She's eating too much!"

Nellie is hiding and Caroline tips off Percival. Percival then hides in the pantry. Nellie comes out and decides she will go into the pantry and dips a pickle into maple syrup. Percival sneaks up behind her and catches her dipping the pickle. He scolds her for eating so much and reminds her of what Dr. Baker said about over eating. "I want a second opinion!" she says. Percival: "I'll give you a second opinion! You're getting fat!" Really funny!

He grabs the pickle from her and sends her to her room. Takes a bite out of it and gets a very sour look on his face.......

Steve and Alison were marvelous in this scene!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 In_law10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next