Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for my Grandson!

Go down 
+11
Amy
Krissy
Kristina
Gin
Teresa
bethandmanly
Rob
Debbie
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21215
Mood : Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Purple2

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Asking for more prayers.....Wyatt's sleep study showed he has sleep apnea.  He was scheduled to have surgery December 28th to have his adenoids taken out, and the flap at the top of his esophagus fixed....it is too 'floppy' and causes acid reflux and adds to the apnea.  Rachel and I went to his follow-up appt last Thursday, and she told the ENT doctor her concerns about waiting so long for surgery.  The longer they wait, the further out it pushes for him to be put on HGH (human growth hormones) which will help his Prader-Willi Syndrome in so many ways....Wyatt's surgery has now been moved up to this Monday, November 2nd.  We need prayers that the surgery will go well and he will wake up from the anesthesia quickly.  People with Prader-Willi have a difficult time waking up from anesthesia since they have such a slow metabolism.  Where we would normally wake up within a few hours or so, it takes them much longer, sometimes days.  I plan to go to Children's Hospital in Little Rock to be there with Jake and Rachel....I will keep you updated.....

Love

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12191833_1030132660341522_8633487000373534354_n

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Rhonda10Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Praying for the little cutie.

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks, Lori....I'm headed that way in the morning....Will try and keep updates while there, but not sure how much I'll be on the computer..... scratchead

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Rhonda10Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Little Man was taken back around 10:40 and if all goes as planned, he should be out no later than 1:30. Will keep you posted as best I can. Thank you all for continued prayers....It sure was hard watching them take him away..... bawling

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12193727_915593981861869_1520507320362389515_n

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Wyatt is in my prayers.

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Wyatt is in recovery.  Everything seems to have gone well....Have not heard from the ENT doctor, so no update on how all that went....What a trooper!  Thanks for the prayers, and keep them coming that he doesn't have any difficulties through the rest of the day and night....

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12193428_10100129974627844_4290526688112355548_n

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Wyatt continues to be in my prayers, Rhonda. I've been thinking about him today and am glad his surgeries went well.

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 pm

He continues to be in my prayers. What a little sweetheart.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Wyatt did real well through the night and was released this morning....He is now home with Mommy and Daddy, and very worn out.....I am home as well...thank you for all the prayers!
grouphug

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3  border=" />Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12204582_1033103340044454_1747848368_n

Last edited by Rhonda on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Glad he is doing fine. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Glad to hear things went well.

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Blue Asking for prayers for my grandson, Wyatt. He began feeling bad with fever at his birthday party on Saturday, and just can't seem to shake it off (we were hoping it was just fever from teething). Rachel took him to the doctor, they did chest x-rays on him to check for pneumonia, and did a nebulizer treatment on him to get his oxygen up, and they have admitted him to the hospital with RSV. Please keep his mommy and dada in prayer as well....They just can't seem to catch a break with this little guy. They have ALL been through SO much! Thanks in advance!

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12734090_968882486533018_2090565348965887853_n

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:13 pm

WYATT UPDATE:  Poor baby doesn't have RSV he has double pneumonia..... No

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:58 am

Update on Wyatt per Rachel:
"02 sat is hanging around 87-90 this morning, his lungs sound "terrible" per his ped nurse, he's still retracting pretty bad (this is the part that needs to be resolved before going home-- especially since he has low muscle tone, he will tire more easily than any other kid)he will continue on his antibiotics, breathing treatments every 4hrs, and do a repeat CXR today."

Definition of Retracting:

A term used by medical professionals when they are speaking about a person who is having difficulty breathing. It is most commonly seen in people with asthma, but may also be seen in children or adults who have a respiratory illness and are having difficulty breathing.

When looking at the chest of a person with retractions, one may noticed a skeletal appearance. The skin pulls in and out between each rib with each breath, and you may be able to "count ribs." If the appearance of the ribs is unusual or becomes more pronounced with each breath, the person is probably experiencing retracting and difficulty breathing.

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12442853_1086135044741283_862522004_n
Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12516303_1086556181365836_419129214_n

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 am

Poor little guy! I will keep him in my prayers!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Blue Another update from Rachel:

'Wyatt update: we are staying another night. Dr said CXR isn't any better but it's not any worst, lungs still sound the same as this morning, O2 around 90, and still retracting. They will reattempt IV if he doesn't drink soon (after 10+ attempts last night),continue antibiotic and breathing treatments. Hopefully my boy starts feeling better soon.'

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12717813_968291319925468_2464254308594102198_n

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Hope he starts to feel better soon.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7892
Mood : Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Wyatt hasn't been feeling well. I will keep him in my thoughts and I hope he feels better soon!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks everyone, Wyatt got to go home late last Friday evening.  This is Wyatt at his follow-up appointment on Wednesday.....He LOVES the paper on the table, can you tell?!?!?   laugh3  
Doctor says he is doing great!!! They had to supplement his milk with Pediasure powder since he had dropped in weight. It kind of makes it like a vanilla shake....he LOVES it!  Almost too much!  Rachel says he won't drink it any other way now.....She'll have to wean him off of it...
HeeHee

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 12744305_1089858377702283_7071130707187276326_n

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 pm

I am just catching up on this - what a little trooper you have, Rhonda! My heart hurts for that poor little guy and his parents - he is not much younger than my son and I can't imagine seeing him go through so much. They are incredibly strong. Prayers for all of you <3

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 am

My Wyatt turned 2 on Valentine's Day and is doing well, considering everything he has gone through in his 2 short years of life.  Now that he has turned that 'magic' number, he has been scheduled to have his tonsils taken out on March 6th.  I believe I mentioned in past posts that Wyatt's Prader-Willi Syndrome comes with many issues he deals with from day to day, and one is his sleep apnea and the low muscle tone he deals with.  The worry is him getting enough oxygen into his lungs during surgery and then waking up quickly from the anesthesia.  It was discussed whether to have the surgery in Memphis at Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital or Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.  Le Bonheur's require PWS children to stay close to the hospital for 2 weeks after the surgery to monitor any breathing type problems, and Children's in LR is a one night stay depending on any complications up to three nights.  They have decided on Children's in LR since both mom and dad have jobs to go to and other kids to look after.  Please pray for successful surgery and a speedy recovery, but mostly for Wyatt to be comfortable.  He does NOT like being held down and throws a fit when blood is taken or an IV is being given.  Thank you all in advance!

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Wyatt810

Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Wyatt910

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Hope everything goes well

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Grandson!   Prayers for my Grandson! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my Grandson!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3