Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Royal Family

Go down 
+23
Gin
LHOTPfan2000
Alice
Deem714
Honeybee
Shell
Misti
Kristina
Julia
Lori
Teresa
Debbie
JW
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
alexczarn
Krissy
Carol
Savannah
Rob
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Amy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Goodsi10

The Royal Family - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

At least they didn't ask if they had Prince Albert in a can. The Royal Family - Page 4 68167
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Amy wrote:
I read about that. Just unbelieveable that the hospital actually rang them through, and the nurse divulged all that info!! That was really bad. Yikes

I agree

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 am

Amy wrote:
I read about that. Just unbelieveable that the hospital actually rang them through, and the nurse divulged all that info!! That was really bad. Yikes

Either the DJ''s was really good pretending to be the Queen & Prince Charles or the nurse was working long hours. She wasn't thinking at the time, was exhausted herself, as well.

How many more pranks would be pulled in the future.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 am

Rob wrote:
At least they didn't ask if they had Prince Albert in a can. The Royal Family - Page 4 68167

Oh, Rob. Frying pan

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 am

Buttercup wrote:
Amy wrote:

Either the DJ''s was really good pretending to be the Queen & Prince Charles or the nurse was working long hours. She wasn't thinking at the time, was exhausted herself, as well.

How many more pranks would be pulled in the future.

No, the DJ's were AWFUL with their accent.....sounded more like Mrs. Doubtfire.....actually, Robin Williams did a better British accent than these two......showed last night other pranks that had been done throughout the years....."Clinton" calling Michael Jackson, The "Canadian Prime Minister" calling Arnold Schwarzenegger telling him he needs to run for President; which he cannot.......and others pranking the famous..... No

The Royal Family - Page 4 Rhonda10The Royal Family - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm

What the DJ's did was awful. Shame on them.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 pm

If I were those DJ's, I'd be in hiding........Not sure if this is true or not, but found this on the Yahoo/ABC site: No ----> Nurse found Dead

The hospital receptionist who was hoaxed by a prank call from a DJ claiming to be the queen asking about Kate Middleton has been found dead.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 pm

It's true. She committed suicide. No
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 pm

She killed herself? but it wasn't her fault.She didn't know.How sad No

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:55 pm

She wasn't even the nurse who gave out the information. She only put the call through to the ward Kate was in. The Royal Family - Page 4 988160
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Oh my gosh, how awful!! OhMy

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I just read an article on this. You know, clearly this woman had to have some issues before the prank, and this just tipped her over the edge. But I'm trying to think of how these DJ's must be feeling right now. The prank was silly and they were morons for doing it, but they certainly never meant for anyone to get hurt by it. I honestly don't know how I'd live with myself, after this. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm

They were saying that the DJ's are still enjoying this....they tweeted out about it, still bragging....even with this nurse dying.....and they are investigating to see if it truly is a suicide... Blue

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm

What the heck, seriously Rhonda??? OhMy Ok, I retract my previous statement. PishPosh What is wrong with people?!?!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Amy wrote:
You know, clearly this woman had to have some issues before the prank, and this just tipped her over the edge.

Boy, she must have. I was just watching a story about this on the news, and a psychologist was saying how damaging public humiliation can be. I was thinking, what humiliation? All she did was put a phone call through. I hardly think that made her a laughingstock. The Royal Family - Page 4 988160

Who knows, maybe the prank and her suicide were completely unrelated.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:00 pm

What happen to the nurse?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm

It looks like she killed herself.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm

I'll have to find article about it.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
You know, clearly this woman had to have some issues before the prank, and this just tipped her over the edge.

Boy, she must have. I was just watching a story about this on the news, and a psychologist was saying how damaging public humiliation can be. I was thinking, what humiliation? All she did was put a phone call through. I hardly think that made her a laughingstock. The Royal Family - Page 4 988160

Maybe yes...

But this is awful news...

And guys, not all Australians are like those two. Whistle

The Royal Family - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

Maybe yes...

But this is awful news...

And guys, not all Australians are like those two. Whistle

Yes, it is awful news.

The Australian men, should have think, before doing this prank.

It wasn't the nurse's fought. Was she afraid, she was gonna loose her job or something.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Here are the deejays placing the call. The nurse who answers is the one who committed suicide.

It seems like such a small thing, really. Even the royal family just shrugged it off and didn't complain to the hospital. The nurse seems to have a non-English accent. Makes me wonder if she comes from a culture that places more importance on a perceived loss of honor.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Rob wrote:
It seems like such a small thing, really. Even the royal family just shrugged it off and didn't complain to the hospital. The nurse seems to have a non-English accent. Makes me wonder if she comes from a culture that places more importance on a perceived loss of honor.

Hmm, that IS interesting. I agree, she has a different accent. Perhaps it is a cultural thing. I do think that public humiliation is a major catalyst for suicide for those people who are unstable...again, if not the 'cause', it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. You see it often with teens. but there are so many vulnerable souls out there. This prank thing really did seem harmless though (especially heaing the call---I hadn't heard it until now), and although pretty 'dumb', it was nothing they should actually feel guilty for, I don't think. I certainly wouldn't be laughing about it any longer though, knowing that someone close to the situation died! No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 pm

It is now said that the DJ's are taking time off from work out of respect for the nurse and the situation. I think they have NOW realized how serious this turned out to be.... Blue

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Hmmm...call me pessimistic, but if they didn't realize that first thing, it sounds like this is a PR thing more than them actually displaying sympathy. Whistle

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:27 pm

The whole things just sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Royal Family
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next