Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post a random fact(s) about yourself.

Go down 
+16
edwina
Lori
LIWnut
Rhonda
Misti
Prairie Dweller
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Wind
JW
Carol
flatbroke
Lily
pamh36
Savannah
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I've played the Star Spangled Banner on my clarinet at a Baltimore Orioles baseball game.

Thats awesome Marilyn! Do you have any pictures?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Susie wrote:
Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:
I've accidentally trespassed on Fort Knox. (Received quite a welcome, too!)

Do tell! What happened??

Yes do tell....:think:

This was a long, long time ago................My family was travelling through the South, and we got lost. (Or, as we like to call it: Taking the scenic route) We started driving down an old dirt road, that was barely more than two tracks, and drove for what seemed like forever. There was nowhere to turn around - and I don't know what we'd have done if a vehicle had come from the opposite direction! There was only room for one vehicle! We finally came into a clearing, and found that we were on the edge of a large, open field that rose into a hill......So, we drove up into the field some to turn around, since we obviously couldn't drive across the field..............We had just started driving up into the field when a TANK, and several jeeps full of armed men came over the rise of the hill . I have NO IDEA how we did it, but we apparently had accidentally found a "secret" entrance to the rear of Fort Knox. (And they have no worries, because I'd never be able to find it again) Thankfully, the men were actually very understanding. (This was LONG before Sept. 11, or I'm sure that we'd have had a lot more explaining to do than just "We got lost!") But it was pretty frightening to be staring down the business end of a bunch of guns.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Susie wrote:
Rob wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
I have gone through cancer twice and am now a 9 year survivor. :idance:

Yes!!!! :woohooo: Bliss :cheer42:

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Thtanzbigsmilie88 Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Thtanz2_bigsmilie87

Cheer Cheer Cheer Cheer I'll add my cheering section in, too!

And has it been a YEAR since you donated your hair?? Holy cow, does time ever fly!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Susie wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
I've played the Star Spangled Banner on my clarinet at a Baltimore Orioles baseball game.

Marilyn, that IS cool!! . . . . . . Although, it should have been for the Detroit Tigers. batEyes grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Savannah wrote:

This was a long, long time ago................My family was travelling through the South, and we got lost. (Or, as we like to call it: Taking the scenic route) We started driving down an old dirt road, that was barely more than two tracks, and drove for what seemed like forever. There was nowhere to turn around - and I don't know what we'd have done if a vehicle had come from the opposite direction! There was only room for one vehicle! We finally came into a clearing, and found that we were on the edge of a large, open field that rose into a hill......So, we drove up into the field some to turn around, since we obviously couldn't drive across the field..............We had just started driving up into the field when a TANK, and several jeeps full of armed men came over the rise of the hill . I have NO IDEA how we did it, but we apparently had accidentally found a "secret" entrance to the rear of Fort Knox. (And they have no worries, because I'd never be able to find it again) Thankfully, the men were actually very understanding. (This was LONG before Sept. 11, or I'm sure that we'd have had a lot more explaining to do than just "We got lost!") But it was pretty frightening to be staring down the business end of a bunch of guns.[/quote]

I would have messed myself.:haha: I bet that was freaky.:faint2: I'm with you on not finding your way back there. I hate to think what they would do now if that were to happen again.:think:
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm left-handed.

I like to play Zelda games.

I have made a Little House cake.

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Great story, Savannah! I bet you get nostalgic every time you see the TAGS episode about the gold truck coming through town. Wink
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Actually, I start to hyperventilate. :paperbag: :Hahaha:

Another random fact: I can memorize large portions of scripture, and long poems pretty easily - but sometimes can't remember what I went upstairs to get. Huh?
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:23 am

I am ambidextrous.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 11:16 am

I like to cook, ice skate, swim, and dance.

I play GameBoy games and want a Nintendo DS. I'm not the best at video games, but they are a lot of fun!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:16 pm

I Like to Cook

I Love the Show Reba & Rosanne

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Jacobk10Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:27 pm

No one is allowed to mow my grass but me.....I know I'm crazy...Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Crazy

I work in construction.Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Rule lol
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:34 pm

Susie wrote:
No one is allowed to mow my grass but me.....I know I'm crazy...Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Crazy
I Wish You lived at my House lol ROTFL

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Jacobk10Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:57 pm

I was in two serious accidents in high school, my freshman year and then again my senior year and I survived almost being killed. God had His reasons for keeping me around!!

I'm a lot tougher than I thought I was, especially after the year our family had...

I set my mind on a goal I wanted to achieve at work and I have just about achieved it.

I get very irritated with people who make rude comments about me having five children, but I just laugh it off when deep down I'd like to throw something at the person grinsmiley

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
I was in two serious accidents in high school, my freshman year and then again my senior year and I survived almost being killed. God had His reasons for keeping me around!!

I'm a lot tougher than I thought I was, especially after the year our family had...

I set my mind on a goal I wanted to achieve at work and I have just about achieved it.

I get very irritated with people who make rude comments about me having five children, but I just laugh it off when deep down I'd like to throw something at the person grinsmiley

I've had a few folks do that to me. I said something to them....it shut them up.

Wow Kathy. My brother walked away from a fatal crash he was involved in. Just a few scrapes. I'll never forget that phone call from my mom. Just the tone of her voice...I knew something was wrong. The driver died at the scene. Another was in the hospital for over two months. It wasn't my brothers time yet....now he has a baby girl and one on the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 1:19 pm

JW wrote:
Susie wrote:
I Wish You lived at my House lol ROTFL

I'll be there by Friday..Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Smilies100
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 2:59 pm

I was in 3 car accidents. 1st one: someone hit me from behind. 2nd one: an idiot ran a red light and smashed into my passenger side, sent me spinning to the other side of the street and I ended up hitting 3 parked cars. 3rd one: another idiot decided to make a left turn all the way from the right lane...it was a 3 lane street. She nearly missed the van in the middle lane which blocked my vision of seeing her coming onto my left lane. Crazy drivers!! mad

I have no siblings.

My two daughters are one year apart but everyone including my neighbors and some of their teachers still think they're twins.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Oh my gosh Susie, that is something about your brother!! It just shows you how precious life is and that you can't take it for granted...

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 3:38 pm

I could not agree more Kathy.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm

Savannah wrote:
Susie wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

Marilyn, that IS cool!! . . . . . . Although, it should have been for the Detroit Tigers. batEyes grinsmiley

My highschool band had a band exchange with a school in Maryland and the teacher there arranged for our combined bands to play the SSB and O Canada as well as some pre-game entertainment stuff. We played O Canada in our honour, the 2 teams were American, can't remember what team was visiting.
I don't have any pics of us playing but someone took a pic of the scoreboard introducing us. It was cool. My teacher blew up his pic and made a poster for our classroom.
Savannah, if you arrange for me to play at a Tigers' game, I'll practise your anthem and play it for ya. LOL.

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Wow, that's really great!
In the highschool me and the chorus sang with the Pittsburgh Symphony for 3 years. We got to go down to Heinz Hall and practice with them.

Since I was younger I have wanted to either move to Liverpool England, Georgia, or New York. I would also like to visit Michigan again, I loved it up there!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Thats cool Marilyn.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 8:10 pm

*Savannah checks if she has some baseball contacts* Shoot. I don't think I even have ONE!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

Savannah wrote:
Another random fact: I can memorize large portions of scripture, and long poems pretty easily - but sometimes can't remember what I went upstairs to get. Huh?

Me too Savannah grinsmiley

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 pm

I pop my neck all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post a random fact(s) about yourself.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next