Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post a random fact(s) about yourself.

Go down 
+16
edwina
Lori
LIWnut
Rhonda
Misti
Prairie Dweller
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Wind
JW
Carol
flatbroke
Lily
pamh36
Savannah
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Happy010

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 2:32 am

Big Sur is one of my favorite places in California. Love

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 331264~Bixby-Bridge-on-Highway-1-Big-Sur-CA-Posters

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 am

Can't say as I blame ya!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 12:32 pm

I went through chemo twice without hardly any problems, but when the radiation started, it almost killed me. Turns out, it was too toxic for me. affraid The radiation was to be 28 days straight with the weekends off for body recovery, I can't tell you how many times they had to stop and start me over. What started at the beginning of February, ended on April 9........No

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Rhonda10Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 12:48 pm

:unsure:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 12:54 pm

That was supposed to be a sad smiley, Rhonda, but I used the "unsure" one instead.

:sad5:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 1:42 pm

grinsmiley I understand......some of these silly things have the right look, but not the right name on them.....Either way, I appeciate the thought. batEyes

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Rhonda10Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 10:53 pm

{{{Rhonda}}} I'm so glad that you survived everything that you went through.

Last year, I went three weeks without being able to utter one single word. (The house seemed so quiet.........) Huh? grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 11:36 pm

I am so glad you survived Rhonda. The world would not be the same with out you! You are a wonderful person! grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 9:16 am

Savannah wrote:
Last year, I went three weeks without being able to utter one single word. (The house seemed so quiet.........) Huh? grinsmiley

Did you have larin... laryn... did you have that medical condition where you couldn't talk?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Did you have larin... laryn... did you have that medical condition where you couldn't talk?

affraid I did that when I was pregnant with my youngest son, who is now 17 years old. I got bronchitis in October 1989 and ended up losing my voice. The doctor put me on antibiotis to help get rid of the bronchitis, but it didn't help. After trying a 3rd round of meds, he diecided to wait till the baby was born and work on it, he was afraid of harming the unborn child. After Josh was born, I was 100% well, and could talk again. So, from October-May....it was pretty quiet around my place............They even had to move me from my 4-5 year old class and put me in with the babies, they didn't need a teacher that could talk, just someone to feed and change them.:haha:

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Quote :
Prairie Wind: Hey prairie dweller! Which did you like better- "regular" school or home school?

The first few grades I went to my church's school. There were only two other kids in my class. I took drivers ed at the local high school and it made me very glad that I was home schooled.

I love Peeps (Easter candy).

I have eight brothers.

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 2:44 pm

My husband has 7 brothers!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 2:49 pm

I am eating pizza right now :)

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 ChristinaKeeper2 Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Yes. It was the worst case I've had so far. I couldn't even whisper - not a sound came out. It didn't hurt, though, so I can't really complain. It gave me a lot of time for contemplation. grinsmiley

Rhonda.......that's interesting that as soon as Jake was born, you were all well again!

Random fact:
I'd like a slice of Christina's pizza. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Well, that certainly is a random fact- if I ever did hear one!

(meaning- eating pizza!)
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm

A random fact about me? I lie French stuff...French meals, French books and (some) French singers (chansonniers), French history and French language...

But my brother married a girl who has her roots in Germany..and I must hear my little nephews speaking in German! ROTFL Lol...I like German too, but no comparison with French,

Vanesa.

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 10:32 pm

LOL, Vanesa! Well, at least you like German, too!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 10:35 pm

When I was little in El Salvador, a priest baptized me & my brother in a house during a quiet ceremony. The baptism could not happen in a church as the civil war was going on and guerilla & other soldiers had taken possession or destroyed the churches in town.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 8:40 am

What a powerful memory for you, Carol. It makes me very thankful to be able to go to my church, whenever I want to, without fear.
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 10:12 pm

I am ambidextrous.

I have 2 boys.

I have been at my job for almost 8 years. ( nursery school teacher).

No tattoos ( yet)
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 10:17 pm

I would love to live in a cabin in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 am

What a sad thing, Carol...You made me remember the people who was not able to go to church under French Revolution. A lot of churchs were burned..along with the villages sourrounding them. Sometimes , people were INSIDE these villages and would dead.

Hope you are allright now, Carol. I'm happy for you. grouphug

Vanesa.

Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 10:52 am

Vanesa wrote:
What a sad thing, Carol...You made me remember the people who was not able to go to church under French Revolution. A lot of churchs were burned..along with the villages sourrounding them. Sometimes , people were INSIDE these villages and would dead.

Hope you are allright now, Carol. I'm happy for you. grouphug

Vanesa.

I know, that is very sad Vanesa, those poor people. One time we were inside the church when soldiers started firing at the church walls & doors. They knew we were having service... they banged on the doors... we all laid on the ground under the benches.
During that time, all of my mom's sisters were already in the states, we were in the process of getting our residency papers and my parents made a couple of dangerous trips to the city to take care of that.

By the time they had closed the schools because of soldiers going there to grab kids to fight, our papers were ready and we flew here... we felt happy & sad because of other family we left behind at the time.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Here are a couple more of my random facts. grinsmiley

In 1983 I used to live about 45 minutes away from Simi Valley where at the time, Season 9 of LHOTP was being filmed.

I used to live 1/2 hour away from Elizabeth Taylor's home. My cousin lives 1/2 hour away from Shirley Temple's home. Two of my favorite stars, so close and yet so far lol

I saw just about every scary movie that came out in the 80s.

I was obsessed with Handball and even played it using my dolls (their poor heads... but it was fun seeing Cheetara beat Lion-O at the sport.) LOL Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Handball

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 pm

:Hahaha: Your poor dolls, Carol! How VERY cool that your cousin lives so close to Shirley Temple. My niece is now in love with Shirley's movies, too. grinsmiley I feel so proud.

Random fact:

I was born with a double set of eyelashes. (I'd never have known, but my eye doctor told me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a random fact(s) about yourself.   Post a random fact(s) about yourself. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post a random fact(s) about yourself.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next