Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?

Go down 
+7
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Savannah
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
pamh36
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Goodsi10

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Yes, it was a huge letdown for me to see that they were just these mini tadpole looking thingees. They had no crowns, no human-like faces. I am still in therapy after the disillusionment that I had carried with me for some 30 years. Worst of all was to find out that you really could not train them at all. No bawling

You always hear about these things happening to other people, but you never think it's gonna happen to you. :alright:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:00 pm

One really great present I got as a kid was a Venus Fly Trap. You know, the carnivorous plant. They're cool!

Here's one in action on YouTube...

Venus Fly Trap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:05 pm

never heard of that before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:23 pm

I remember those, Rob. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:35 pm

I've heard about that plant too, but I never saw it in action. LOL

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:37 pm

Lily wrote:
I've heard about that plant too, but I never saw it in action. LOL

ROTFL Wave ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Here, Sea Monkeys were in big -but BIG fashion between 1976 and 1978, if I can recall correctly - I never purchased them, but all my friends who did it where greatly dissapointed.

But, people...tell me...How these little creatures looked like? I'm curious about it.... :think:

Vanesa.

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:10 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Here, Sea Monkeys were in big -but BIG -fashion between 1976 and 1978, if I can recall correctly - I never purchased them, but all my friends who did it where greatly dissapointed.

But, people...tell me...How these little creatures looked like? I'm curious about it.... :think:

Vanesa.

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Okay.........I had to find the ad, and then the real thing:

Here is the ad. (Notice the disclaimer at the bottom - which, of course, I never noticed as a child! It says "Caricatures shown not intended to depict artemia" . . . . And that would mean absolutely nothing to an eight-year-old! ) Anyway . . . . here's the ad:

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Seamonkeys

And here's the . . . . . well . . . . the picture says it all:

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Seamonkey2

Last edited by on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Yes, that bottom creature is a *sniff* Sea Monkey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 12:05 am

LOL Savannah!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 2:19 pm

LOL! I ask you . . . . . HOW can one of those ghostly looking little creatures possibly be trained?? I wanted to have them play in my dollhouse, do a little dusting . . . . Of course, I was planning to put them back in the water when they needed it - I wouldn't kill them off! *sigh* They looked so cute! :Hahaha: What a disappointment!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Rob wrote:
One really great present I got as a kid was a Venus Fly Trap. You know, the carnivorous plant. They're cool!

Here's one in action on YouTube...

Venus Fly Trap

My biology teacher had one of these in the classroom... it was pretty neat. Thumbsup

And Sea monkeys... wow! Actually Savannah, the last picture that you posted of them is how they look like during the DAY... but at night... when nobody is watching... they transform into the little creatures ... grinsmiley

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 2:31 pm

*squeal!!* CAROL! I love the way you think!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 2:33 pm

Rob, that IS a cool plant! As long as it sticks to bugs and such. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 pm

My sister and I used to leave the screen door open in the summertime to let flies in, but Mom put a stop to that. Mostly we fed our 'traps little bits of hamburger.

My sister took over the feeding when the plants got bigger. I wonder whatever happened to her... :think:
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:20 pm

I wanted Donny Osmond or Davy Jones for Christmas but what the heck?????? I never got either of them!! My parents were so mean to me growing up...I had to take my Quick Curl Barbie with her very own curling iron instead...

No wonder I'm so goofy today..

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Savannah wrote:
Okay.........I had to find the ad, and then the real thing

Wow, thanks for posting this! It sure brings back memories. I don't know why my sister and I never ordered Sea Monkeys. Heaven knows we believed everything we read, and we weren't much for checking the fine print. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:02 pm

Here are those X-Ray Specs I mentioned earlier. These were aways advertised in the back of comic books, right next to the Sea Monkeys. I like the fact that the guy in the ad looks so subtle...

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Lrg_xray_specs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:15 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:40 pm

Rob wrote:
pamh36 wrote:
Yes, it was a huge letdown for me to see that they were just these mini tadpole looking thingees. They had no crowns, no human-like faces. I am still in therapy after the disillusionment that I had carried with me for some 30 years. Worst of all was to find out that you really could not train them at all. No bawling

You always hear about these things happening to other people, but you never think it's gonna happen to you. :alright:

I know, thanks Rob. bawling It's good to know that someone understands. No

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Savannah wrote:
Yes, that bottom creature is a *sniff* Sea Monkey.

Yes, and that's a good, very magnified picture. They look like a bunch of teeny tiny specks swimming in the water. Kind of like a bunch floaties in a glass of 7-up!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Here are those X-Ray Specs I mentioned earlier. These were aways advertised in the back of comic books, right next to the Sea Monkeys. I like the fact that the guy in the ad looks so subtle...

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Lrg_xray_specs

Oh man, I'm dying! I remember telling one of my friends that my mom has x-ray vision glasses and that she could see through the house and the garage, when one of my friends was trying to get me to do something I knew I would get into trouble for, and we were playing behind the garage. I cannot remember what it was now, that she was trying to get me to do, but all I remember is that she fell for it and believed that my mom would be able to see through the house and the garage. ROTFL

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:49 pm

are sea monkeys fake??
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 5:23 pm

And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Atlas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next