Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode

Go down 
+14
jes9
Trixie
carolineingalls
Amy
Teresa
ChristinaAL
Savannah
Prairie Dweller
Kathleen Marie
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Gin
Carol
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Your top 3 favorite 'Almanzo-Laura' episodes
Back To School
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap20%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 20% [ 17 ]
Sweet Sixteen
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap28%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 28% [ 23 ]
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap22%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 22% [ 18 ]
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap10%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 10% [ 8 ]
Divorce, Walnut Grove Style
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap5%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap14%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 14% [ 12 ]
Other
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_lcap1%Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 83

AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Happy010

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode 4043064

Little House on the Prairie had several episodes dedicated to the relationship between Laura & Manzo. Love
Which of these are your top 3 favorites?

Back To School

Sweet Sixteen

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Divorce, Walnut Grove Style

*Remember to choose 3 when you vote Thumbsup

I have to say mine are:
Back To School --- when they meet
Sweet Sixteen --- shows their first kiss
Days of Sunshine.... --- shows what their love can overcome
Love

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 am

My favorite is Days of Sunshine Days of Shadows. I like it best because it shows if you truly love each other and your love is strong like Laura and almanzo's that no matter what hardships and trials you have in life. Love conquers all. My second favorite is Laura INgalls WIlder. In fact in most epesodies about Laura and Almanzo they always have alot of hardships but their love always sees them through it.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 am

I'm with you cinlynn. Days of Sunshine Days of Shadow is also my favorite of those. It really shows what a couple can go through and endure. They came out strong, but not before they accepted that they needed to work to change things----as a team.
We could learn alot from Laura and Manly. They really did go through alot in their first years of marriage. Smiley Hug

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:50 am

Days will always be my favorite--even though I wanted to kick Almanzo's butt through most of it and EJ grated on my nerves.

After that it is HLM, HLMN and Sweet Sixteen (though I can't watch that awkward kiss.) LOL!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Love all of them, except "Divorce Walnut Grove Style".

However, I voted for "He Loves me; He Loves Me not". It's kinda a classic. It's an epie plenty of drama. Other thing I like in this epie is that Laura shows herself as more mature than Almanzo and Pa. They acted quite childlike in this one . Ma was more reasonable. ...and we also have Nellie falling in LOVE! Yes..I love this epie.

Vanesa.

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Vanesa wrote:

The only good part of this episode is Dean Butler's bathing scene.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:53 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Vanesa wrote:

The only good part of this episode is Dean Butler's bathing scene.

Laughing

Well it looks like "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" is the most popular around here.

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Carol wrote:
Laughing

Well it looks like "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" is the most popular around here.

For me it's that half naked Almanzo in the bed thing. happy1 This and LIW are also episodes where Almanzo needed a swift kick in the behind.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Sweet 16 all the way for me! Love grinsmiley

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:03 am

Sweet Sixteen was my favorite. Days of Sunshine and Days of Shadow crammed too much drama into a two part episode. A lot of episodes after Laura and Almonzo were married had Laura acting too "screachy"...

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Of the ones given my top three would be:
Back to School

I really like Back to School because it's really the changing point of Laura. She's not a girl, but she's not a woman. Just floatin' in between there.
I enjoy Days of Sunshine because to shows that not everything is perfect in live, and that one can use hard times to grow.
I enjoy He Loves Me because of Houston. I really liked Houston a lot. I also liked Caroline's scheaming. :-D

I do find Divorce, Walnut Grove style pretty funny. I do enjoy an occasional corny episode. Poor Pa with his window! ~laughs~

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
A lot of episodes after Laura and Almonzo were married had Laura acting too "screachy"...

I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:13 pm

I also agree Savannah...I don't understand why the writers wanted a so "screachy" Laura. She was not this way, nor in the former episodes of LHOTP, nor in real life... :think: I think that any LHOTP fan liked the way the writers imagines the married Laura...She was strong and determined, but not "screachy". mad

Oh, yes...I also loves Houston Lamb. He is very rude in the outside , but very warm and sweet in the inside. Great character. I should have liked more epies with him in them.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Vanesa wrote:
I also agree Savannah...I don't understand why the writers wanted a so "screachy" Laura. She was not this way, nor in the former episodes of LHOTP, nor in real life... :think: I think that any LHOTP fan liked the way the writers imagines the married Laura...She was strong and determined, but not "screachy". mad
Vanesa.

I don't know if this explains Laura's screachiness, but the writers intentionally had Almanzo and Laura fighting in Season 7 because Melissa was so young and they were afraid to portray Manly and Beth's relationship in a more romantic light. Things changed in Season 8, and I think "Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow" was a good example of a strong and determined Laura.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 pm

I went with:

Back to School - Even though it's nothing like what happened in real life, I like seeing Laura a little (well, okay, a lot LOL), boystruck. It's something I could relate to from that age, and somehow knowing that they would have a happy ending (after all, we knew she would become LIW), made it seem sweet to me.

Sweet Sixteen - Almanzo's feelings for Laura change; I love seeing them get together! (Even though I'm with Cheryl on the awkward kiss).

LIW - Some of the challenges they face (losing their land, arguing over Laura working), and even though I wanted to yell at Almanzo for part of this episode, I loved that he came to his senses in the end. Thumbsup

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode ChristinaKeeper2 Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Sweet Sixteen - Almanzo's feelings for Laura change; I love seeing them get together! (Even though I'm with Cheryl on the awkward kiss).

And it was shown from such an angle that you can see what a long nose Dean has. We had a running joke on the Diva site about his poking Melissa with it when he kissed her. I am such a bad Diva.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Wow, you're really attentive, lol. I am the same with Matt. I noticed that he has a little beauty mark on the back of one of his earlobes. ROTFL

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 2:25 pm

"Back to School" is my all-time favorite LHOTP episode!!

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 12:31 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:

And it was shown from such an angle that you can see what a long nose Dean has. We had a running joke on the Diva site about his poking Melissa with it when he kissed her. I am such a bad Diva.

LOL, bad Diva! Bad Diva!! grinsmiley Yes, I have noticed this. LOL...it's the second picture on our new 'filmstrip' banner too! batEyes Well, I'm used to big noses...my hubby's is a tad on the large side Wink , Mulder (my HERO!!) from X-Files has a HUGE nose, but gosh, still a doll...and Cheryl, come to think of it, even our beloved Sully has a bigger nose! Not 'pointy' like Deans, but still a little on the large side! OK, I'm done picking all my favorite male leads apart! grinsmiley

It is REALLY hard for me to pick a favorite...it's between Back to School and Sweet Sixteen...Is Back to School when Almanzo officially starts looking at her differently? This is terrible, it's been SO long since I've seen either. My favorite (whichever it is) is Jealous Almanzo (um, I think this is Sweet Sixteen)...punching out the Brewster boy, and Laura discovering that he loves her. Oh gosh. I seriously need to buy this season!!! My third favorite would be He loves me he loves me not. But I must say, I'm like Vanessa on this one---it's equally because of Nellie/Percival!! Wink

I DO like Days of Sunshine, for the reasons you all state...this 'stronger' Laura and their undying love. Almanzo would have been seriously difficult to deal with and it really portrayed the love between them beautifully. It's just so HARD to watch. I love angst, but Laura just had to endure SO much in this episode that it was almost too much for me to take! No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Back to School is definitely one of my favourite episodes. I thought Divorce, Walnut Grove Style was really funny, especially every time Laura cracked another pane of glass but it didn't figure in my top 3.

I love the Laura / Almanzo banner. :Gjob:

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Yes! I must accept that if "Divorce Walnut Grove's Style" isn't my favorite episode, I laugh a great deal watching how Charles got desperate after every glass pane's crack! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Trixie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Trixie

Number of posts : 425
Mood : Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow was really good. It was...moving, for lack of a better word. It showed their relationship really well and they portrayed Laura so well too. My speakers weren't working at the time but just the picture was good enough.

Divorce Walnut Grove Style...It cracked me up so much. Poor, Charles...And I don't know why...but the part where Laura fought Brenda Sue cracked me up as well. I'm odd.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:20 pm

I loved the parts where poor Charles would watch how his window pane would crash! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:23 pm

I think "Divorce Walnut Grove Style" has to be my least favorite from this list. Since I have no sense of humor that's not a big surprise. But with the exception of seeing Almanzo in the tub--and man that tub was a bit too small for Dean--I can't even watch the rest of it. I hate that Laura makes a total idiot of herself in the middle of the street and Caroline has to scold her as if she were a girl. I just can't see Laura acting that way after she was married.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Quote :
I hate that Laura makes a total idiot of herself in the middle of the street and Caroline has to scold her as if she were a girl.

Yeah, I cringe when I see Laura attacking Brenda Sue, and all the kids come over and cheer them on. That's not a good example to set for the kids. Also, it seems that Laura and Caroline were a little too quick to conclude that Almanzo was having an affair.

BTW, I haven't voted in this thread, because I've only seen Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow once recently, and I think I'd need to see it again to vote fairly. Of the others, Back to School is probably my favorite, I guess because that's when Laura first insisted that she was no longer a little girl, and she was forced to take on an adult responsibility of apologizing to Nellie and Almanzo for the cinnamon chicken incident. And then there was the Laura-Nellie mudfight. That fight was different than the Laura-Brenda Sue fight. Not that it was right for Laura to have fought Nellie, but at least then she wasn't a teacher who was supposed to be setting a good example for her students.

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode   Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite "Almanzo-Laura" Episode
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next