Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Summer of the Swans

Go down 
+4
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Farmer Girl
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Summer of the Swans Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Summer of the Swans Happy010

Summer of the Swans Empty
PostSubject: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:37 pm

All summer long, I've been trying to get a really good picture of a family of swans who have taken up residence on the lake at the campground. I've gotten some pretty good pictures - But today, I was out on a paddle boat, just relaxing, when the swans came swimming by. They didn't notice me until they were very close, because I wasn't paddling at the time . . . I was just sitting there. Then, they froze. So . . . . . there they sat, posing beautifully. . . . . Close enough that I could nearly reach out and touch them . . . . .

And I didn't have a camera. :Hahaha: bawling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Figures! ROTFL I would love to see the pictures you do have. :think:

Last edited by Susie on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Here's one of the pictures...........I'll try and find some more. Love Such beautiful creatures!

Summer of the Swans Picture196
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Summer of the Swans Picture078

Summer of the Swans Picture079

Summer of the Swans Picture080

Oh..........and here's a picture of a storm cloud that came up while I was on the lake. It wasn't a big storm, thankfully!

Summer of the Swans Picture222

Last edited by Savannah on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Summer of the Swans Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 pm

They are beautiful!! Great Pictures, Savannah!

Isn't that the way it always works, though? :haha:

Summer of the Swans FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Summer of the Swans Little
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Those are wonderful pictures, Savannah. We see swans on the lake where we go camping. One time we got a really great site and were able to face the camper towards the lake, so I would go outside every morning and sit on the picnic table drinking my coffee and watching the swans. It was a peaceful and beautiful way to start the day!

I really love the picture of the storm cloud, with the sun's rays poking through. It's a beautiful shot.

Summer of the Swans PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 am

Great pictures Savannah. 📷 I don't see many swans around here. We do have herings (I think that's what they are called).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Great pics you got of them. We had a couple of ducks that took up a temp home in our backyard. They were close to being friendly to us too cause we used to put bread out for them. LOL We have tons of ducks and geese around cause of the area but these 2 were kind of our ducks. I think because we put up the pool in the backyard in the beginning of summer they decided not to come back. If they have its been in the front yard where we wouldn't see them much.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Those are great pictures, Savannah! We have deer that come through the backyard here pretty regularly. Of course, the only time I usually see them is in the morning when I'm leaving for work (without my camera). LOL, but they're still really neat to watch. I'm glad you got some pictures of the swans, they're beautiful birds!

Summer of the Swans ChristinaKeeper2 Summer of the Swans 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Summer of the Swans Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Savannah, those are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing these!

You know, we don't see swans like we used to, especially in my childhood. They used to be all over Northern Michigan and now you're hard-pressed to find one. Even the ducks haven't been around like they used to be, at least while we were vacationing up there! I wonder what's going on? :think:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Hmm that is odd Amy. We have tons around here. There is a few parks in the area that have ponds for them and the geese. Plus the school my boys go to is down the block and they have a nice little farm that has ducks. I think this year we have seen more then usual around the area too over there. I know this cause of when we did get some rain the ducks flocked to the park we go through to get to the school and they left their little um "gifts" all over the walkways. LOL Its usually not like that at all. So maybe your ducks came here.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 am

Yep, I guess our Northern ducks got sick of these Michigan seasons and flew to California! LOL!

I don't know...Rob, you live up North, what do you think? Do you think there's less than usual?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Summer of the Swans Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

I see quite a few ducks. Swans, not so much. We see more swans in the wintertime, usually on frigid cold mornings when the steam is rising off the river. That's always a pretty sight.

We also have a lot of bluejays, if anybody needs some. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 12:52 pm

I don't know why we don't see ducks when we're there...usually we're there in July. That's good that you still see them Rob! I was getttng worried! I don't know about the swans...I just remember going to Traverse City, at least 4 times a year to visit my grandparents when I was a child all the way to my early 20's, and we could count on seeing many swans every day. :think:

Have fun with your bluejays, Rob! Wink Wink I'm sure they'll be coming down to visit me in a couple of months! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Summer of the Swans LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Summer of the Swans Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:53 pm

Well, you guys have swans, geese, ducks and etc. I have nothing but squirrels! Not that I have problems with them, just stay away from my car! 🤠

Savannah, what beautiful pictures you took. I gotta say about that storm picture, doesn't it look like the sky is opening up to heaven? Beautiful picture!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:30 am

those are such nice pictures Savannah.

Summer of the Swans Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Summer of the Swans Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer of the Swans   Summer of the Swans Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer of the Swans
Page 1 of 1