Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Summer Plans

Go down 
+2
Amy
JW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Summer Plans Happy011

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:04 pm

What Are you all Doing this Summer? well i'm just kind of Hanging around i want to start taking Care of the Weeds in the Garden Tomorrow and of course try to Spend lots of Time with my Nieces and We are taking a Family Vacation this Summer yet to Walnut Grove MN and From there we are going to Mexico to Visit our Friends and Family :woohooo:

Summer Plans Jacobk10Summer Plans Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Summer Plans Love-s10

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:26 pm

You must be getting so excited for you trip to Walnut Grove, Jacob! And of course, your trip to see your family in Mexico! Sounds like you have a great summer planned! Well, except for the weed pulling! grinsmiley

We have a campsite reserved for a week in Traverse City, MI., our 'home away from home.' Both my parents are from there, so it's sentimental for us. It's not what I wanted...being my son's graduating year, I wanted a 'big' trip, at least something 'different', but with gas prices, and money as tight as it is (college, open house, and now our water heater just dying!! Blue ) we're going to have to settle for another year of camping up North. I can't complain though---we'll all be together, the boys are excited (even my oldest---he loves it there), and it's beautiful there. My 13 yr old is up there right now with my parents and his cousins.

Here's a link if you're curious:
http://www.mytraversecity.com/beaches-22/

I also love Elk Rapids, only a short drive from T.C....quaint downtown shopping and more great water views!

This site has some neat pics of the area:
http://www.erschools.com/goelks/elkrapids.htm

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 am

You are going to have such a good time on your trip, Jacob! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Amy, we used to go to Traverse City every summer. Tim's brother used to live there. I love it there! One year we got a cabin on a lake. That was a lot of fun. It's been a long time since we've been there though. I don't think that Kelsey has ever been there. I'd love to go back! The bay is so beautiful!

We aren't doing much this summer. Our big plans are getting a new roof and windows, lol. I plan on going to Ohio, probably the end of July, to visit a friend who lives near Columbus.

We may also go see Tim's parents, who live on the opposite side of the state (Grand Rapids area), and go to an amusment park called Michigan Adventure while there. That's about it!

Summer Plans PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 am

Cool Amy Have Fun Sounds Like a Great Place where you going Pam We Had to Put new Shingels on our roof as well this summer

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:14 am

Pam, my mom's dad built a home right on East Bay, so when we were kids and into our teens, we were spoiled rotten with that. When my grandpa died and my grandma had to come live with us when she got Alzheimers, none of us kids were old enough to go in on the property to buy it. My parents sold the house for next to nothing, and now the person who bought it tore the house down and built a "Better Homes and Gardens" kind of house on the property. It just sickens me...if only we had been at a different point in our lives, we could have kept it. Water property in Traverse now is worth millions. Now we camp in the State Park! :sad5: It's still nice though---they have a beautiful state park. Just not the same. Wink

We're going to try to get to Michigan Adventure too---we like to just do the water park! It's so much cheaper than Cedar Point too. Thumbsup I wish we could camp over in Muskegon near MI Adventure, but those parks fill up QUICK!!

Wow, Jacob, you and your family are busy this summer! Did you help with the roofing?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 pm

As of now nothing. Cool
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Yes Amy We Are Busy This Summer No i did't help we just hired some one other wise i would help but now we had to pay them anyways so why would i Help then lol grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Summer Plans Cloud910

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 pm

I have a busy month planned starting July 11. On that day I go to my brother's house to help him and his church congregation for VBS. It will run for 3 whole days on July 14-16. Then on July 17 I fly to WI to my friend's house. It's Diva Convention Time!!! On Sun, Diva Lorrie will join us and together the 3 of us will travel to Ozark, MO. We will be meeting up with 2 other Divas.
On Thursday 24th we are going to Independence, KS to see the LHOP site. Then on Fri 24th we are spemding the whole day in Mansfield, MO visiting Laura's houses, cemetary, etc. In the evening we are going to a show about Laura.
On Saturday/Sun we travel home and I fly home on July 31.
At the airport I go to our family camp for a week and a half. I have been to this camp every year for the past 40 years, at least, haven't missed a year.
So, I am excited, can't wait for July to get here!!!

Summer Plans MarilynKeeper Summer Plans Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Amy wrote:
Pam, my mom's dad built a home right on East Bay, so when we were kids and into our teens, we were spoiled rotten with that. When my grandpa died and my grandma had to come live with us when she got Alzheimers, none of us kids were old enough to go in on the property to buy it. My parents sold the house for next to nothing, and now the person who bought it tore the house down and built a "Better Homes and Gardens" kind of house on the property. It just sickens me...if only we had been at a different point in our lives, we could have kept it. Water property in Traverse now is worth millions. Now we camp in the State Park! :sad5: It's still nice though---they have a beautiful state park. Just not the same. Wink

We're going to try to get to Michigan Adventure too---we like to just do the water park! It's so much cheaper than Cedar Point too. Thumbsup I wish we could camp over in Muskegon near MI Adventure, but those parks fill up QUICK!!

Aww, Amy, that's a shame that the house couldn't be kept in the family. I don't believe that I've seen the state park there, but there are so many beautiful places in the area. Tim's brother built a house in the Traverse City area, and that was really great because we had a free place to stay every summer. He eventually sold it though, and we haven't been back since.

I've never been to Michigan Adventure yet. Devin was there for a class trip last year and he really liked it. We're big roller coaster people, so we'll probably mainly be in the amusement park area. I like that it's smaller. We went to Cedar Point last year and spent the entire day there, and we still didn't have time to go through the whole park. It's just gotten so big. We didn't even see the water park part of it.

Summer Plans PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Sounds Exciting Marilyn Have you ever been to Walnut Grove?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Summer Plans Cloud910

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:54 pm

JW wrote:
Sounds Exciting Marilyn Have you ever been to Walnut Grove?

No, maybe next summer.

Summer Plans MarilynKeeper Summer Plans Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:25 pm

Sounds like everyone has a fun summer planned! Thumbsup As for me, I'm settling into working full-time at one job and not so often at my other part-time job, I may do a weekend day there once in awhile but basically am cutting my schedule to seasonal. So, it's nice to have most evenings free for a change. I just want to enjoy the warm weather while it's here, and the outdoors, and try to relax a bit since I'm done with school, and catch up on my reading and scrapbooking! Also, we're trying to plan a long weekend at the beach, hopefully that will come off. I'm looking forward to the 4th of July too b/c that will be a long weekend! grinsmiley

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have to work on my planning my wedding for next summer! :Hahaha: I can't believe I didn't think to include that in my list of summer plans. Don't tell my fiance! ROTFL

Summer Plans ChristinaKeeper2 Summer Plans 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 am

pamh36 wrote:
Aww, Amy, that's a shame that the house couldn't be kept in the family. I don't believe that I've seen the state park there, but there are so many beautiful places in the area. Tim's brother built a house in the Traverse City area, and that was really great because we had a free place to stay every summer. He eventually sold it though, and we haven't been back since.

I've never been to Michigan Adventure yet. Devin was there for a class trip last year and he really liked it. We're big roller coaster people, so we'll probably mainly be in the amusement park area. I like that it's smaller. We went to Cedar Point last year and spent the entire day there, and we still didn't have time to go through the whole park. It's just gotten so big. We didn't even see the water park part of it.

Thanks Pam. I wish we could have kept it in the family as well. It really stinks to be so close to the old property and not be able to enjoy it anymore. I'll never forget when we drove around the bend to see it and there stood this giant house that looked like it was out of a home magazine. Talk about the shocker of all shockers! No Too bad you kind of 'lost' your 'free' place to stay there too!

You will love Michigan Adventure, especially if you're a roller coaster person. It's no Cedar Point, but the rides are still nice and the lines are not nearly as long as what you'd stand in at Cedar Point. It's a totally different experience. The water park is huge and so much fun. Nick & I pretty much just stay at the wave pool though! grinsmiley Also, "Shivering Timbers" is known as the roller coaster with the most consequetive(sp?) hills in the U.S., if not the world. It was on the Discovery Channel roller coaster 'documentary'. My hubby & son love that one!

Christina, your post cracked me up! Don't worry, my lips are sealed! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 am

Would love to go to good ole Walnut Grove, myself.

Except, when I go I'm going to go the old fashioned way. Get myself a team of horses and make it a 20 day trip. I'll brave the untrodden path, endure the harsh and cruel weathers, and if I make it there alive I'll have bragging rights for life.

Summer Plans NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am

Now that's making it the true pioneer experience, Jon! Sounds like, um, 'fun'. :unsure: You be sure to let us know when you attempt to tackle this feat! Wink :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 am

Amy wrote:

Thanks Pam. I wish we could have kept it in the family as well. It really stinks to be so close to the old property and not be able to enjoy it anymore. I'll never forget when we drove around the bend to see it and there stood this giant house that looked like it was out of a home magazine. Talk about the shocker of all shockers! No Too bad you kind of 'lost' your 'free' place to stay there too!

You will love Michigan Adventure, especially if you're a roller coaster person. It's no Cedar Point, but the rides are still nice and the lines are not nearly as long as what you'd stand in at Cedar Point. It's a totally different experience. The water park is huge and so much fun. Nick & I pretty much just stay at the wave pool though! grinsmiley Also, "Shivering Timbers" is known as the roller coaster with the most consequetive(sp?) hills in the U.S., if not the world. It was on the Discovery Channel roller coaster 'documentary'. My hubby & son love that one!

I bet it is hard to see the property and not be able to enjoy it. Blue

I can't wait to go to Michigan Adventure. I do hope we end up making it there this summer!

Summer Plans PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:23 pm

I hope so too Pam! My boys are already planning it....I hope they're saving up their nickels and dimes! It's going to be a tight summer for us for vacationing! Huh?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Plans
Page 1 of 1