Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"

Go down 
+16
Shell
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Krissy
amyk
Joe
easyt72000
Kristina
jes9
Docfan
david
Prairie Dweller
Vanesa
JW
Carol
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Happy010

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Empty
PostSubject: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 1:20 am

“The Voice of Tinker Jones”
"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Coldbar2

The town becomes divided when Mrs. Oleson offers to buy a bell for the church, but only if she can put up a plaque. The differences and arguing begin to affect the school children. A mute craftsman, Tinker Jones, steps in and with the help of the school children, is able to make a bell.

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker1

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker2

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker3

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" 17

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker4

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker5

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Tinker6

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Report I enjoyed watching this episode. I thought it was funny when one of the men told this other man (Kennedy) he didn't understand why he cared that the bell came from Mrs. Oleson and Kennedy said... "Well, next thing you know, she's going to want to change the name of the town to Olesonville!" LOL Little did he know!!! lol

I loved seeing the children working together and even Nellie and Willie cooperating and giving some of their toys for the bell! Thumbsup
Great episode! Applause

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 pm

I like the way that the children work together

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Jacobk10"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 4:46 pm

It was very rare to see Nellie and Willie cooperating!! I guess Lauras' quote: "you won't have anybody to be mean to anymore if you tell" really worked. (like THAT would stop her!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 1:46 am

very good episode

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Bellgt9
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:07 am

It makes me cry. Did you see Tinker's face when he sees the bell hanging in the church? There is a so deep happyness in his whole being for what he has done that it makes you cry... Applause

Vanesa.

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 11:33 am

I commend the actor who played Tinker. It's hard to act only with body movements and facial expressions and not use your voice. He did a great job to convey his thoughts.

Karen Grassle did an outstanding job in A matter of faith when she had to carry scenes all by herself, too.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:20 am

When I was twelve or maybe thirteen I thought this episode was really dumb. :b Now though I really like it.

I agree, Tinker did an excellent job! That would've been really hard to do.

Now, Mr. Kennedy later becomes Judd Larabee, right?

The parts where the grown-ups are arguing in the church are amusing. Some of the things said are really funny.
"Why, next think you know, she'll be preaching." Harriet looks very appalled!

I also really like the part when the kids take Mr. Hanson's oil cans and he can't figure out where they went! ~laughs~

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Did anyone else here catch Tinker Jones in "Columbo: Double Exposure"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:34 am

enjoyable episode though not a favourite of mine
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:39 pm

I really love this episode, and it brings tears to my eyes. I think it is really wonderful that the children are able to give up their toys, and put aside their differences to help Tinker make the bell for the church...the kids are able to show a maturity that, in this instance, many of the adults are not able to do.

When I first saw the LHOP movie, " The Last Farewell", I cried my eyes out at the end when the church bell was ringing for the last time. I couldn't help but think, "But...that's the bell that Tinker and the children made so long ago!" That really tore me up. Of course, I was crying my eyes out anyway because of the whole theme of the movie (a good-bye to Walnut Grove), but the thought of the bell being destroyed possibly really got to me...I'm pretty sentimental, I guess... bawling

I always thought this episode was classic Little House, and it will always be one of my favorites. :cabn:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Here is the cute pict of Carrie. She made this face when Tinker gave both her sister horses and she didn't see anything for her... lol

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Cute

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Horses10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 am

I just saw this one again yesterday. It's one of my favorites. A lot of my favorites are from season 1. That was a great season. What's great about this episode is the kids coming together, sacrificing their toys, to get the church what it needs. They showed the adults how to cooperate, put their petty differences aside, and get things done.

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Good esp!..Adults can sometimes be really childish at times.Nice the kids helped and fixed the problem and showed the adults how silly they were.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 pm

I just watched this episode for the first time the other day. what a good episode! i enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Party010

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Did anyone notice a young Sean Penn as one of the school kids? He had no lines. I still remember about 6 years ago I was watching this episode and all of a sudden those beady little eyes...and that big nose. I looked it up on the internet and sure enough... it was him. His father Leo Penn directed this episode. Look for him next time!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:42 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
Did anyone notice a young Sean Penn as one of the school kids? He had no lines. I still remember about 6 years ago I was watching this episode and all of a sudden those beady little eyes...and that big nose. I looked it up on the internet and sure enough... it was him. His father Leo Penn directed this episode. Look for him next time!

No foolin'?!! Makes me wonder who else 'now famous' appeared in the show. Someone care to start a thread?
Welcome to the board easy72000!!

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Pbucket
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Party010

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:56 pm

The guy who played Bud Bundy was in it,too...
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:43 pm

I watched this episode last night. It was very good at portraying how churches can split over these kinds of things (sadly). And of course I'm glad that the church all got back together at the end.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:00 pm

this shows that adults really act childish & unfair sometimes.Adults can really learn from children sometimes.I mean werid has it sounds sometimes kids act more grown up then adults.

I think its nice what the kids did!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:10 am

great episode. I love, how all the children of WG helped out with Tinker Jones.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 pm

u can learn from kids Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 pm

One funny line in this one, especially if you watch it after you've seen the entire series, is Kennedy's line, when he's complaining about Mrs. Oleson wanting to put the Olesons' name on the plaque: "The next thing you know she'll want to change the name of the town to Olesonville!" Well, she would -- eight years later.

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Loved this one

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:43 pm

What I loved about this episode, was at the end, all the children, even Nellie and Willie was "good" and everyone was proud of them.
Sometimes I wish they showed a "one time" character again, and Tinker was one of them.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 pm

stars I just got done watching the episode. I love how the children helped Tinker make the bell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next