Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"

Go down 
+16
Shell
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Krissy
amyk
Joe
easyt72000
Kristina
jes9
Docfan
david
Prairie Dweller
Vanesa
JW
Carol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm

I can't wait until Hallmark starts showing LHOP again...it was nice to have a little break but I miss it when I come home from work. I never bought the DVD's and liked seeing it after a long day.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 am

Saw this again yesterday...one of my favorites, no calamity, everyone had a part, the kids were basically good, Caroline got to get angry (with Christie's dad) it had good lessons/morals. I wish more shows were like this.

I don't know if it's my TV, but once Hallmark brought LHOP back, they seem washed out...the color. Other shows that aren't LHOP are fine. This particular show, I really saw it, the greens weren't vibrant. Has anyone else noticed that or is it just me? I know film has gotten better but I've watched this show before and never noticed it.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:54 pm

The prints vary in the episodes. Same issue with the DVD's. They got better as the series progressed.
If you are watching Hallmark in HD you can see the difference just as you can on the DVD's.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 pm

No, I just have a regular TV for now...but I get the feeling of wanting to tinker with the coloring the way the REALLY old TV's were. ; )

They sometimes retouch old shows, guess not with this one. Still nice, just seems faded.
Back to top Go down
Hamlet
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 pm

The one things I remember most about this episode from watching it as a child was the sound the copper made when it was being melted and molded. Lol. Good episode all around.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:40 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
No, I just have a regular TV for now...but I get the feeling of wanting to tinker with the coloring the way the REALLY old TV's were. ; )

They sometimes retouch old shows, guess not with this one. Still nice, just seems faded.
Ah yes, adjusting the tint! The good old days!
"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Nbc10

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Ah yes, the good old days of TV!  Tonight on Wheel of Fortune they showed a clip of Pat Sajak's first show back in '81 ('82?) when he took over for Chuck Woolery.  He said, "I'm not Chuck Woolery.  Stop trying to adjust your vertical hold."  I'm sure there were lots of young people watching that now and thinking "Your whatical hold?" HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Remember degaussing color televisons Rob?
"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Gegaus10

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

I don't, Dave.  Had to google it.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 am

Rob wrote:
I don't, Dave.  Had to google it.
That's right, you're younger than me!

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 am

I remember the vertical hold knob on TVs, but then they went away but some TVs would still have a vertical scrolling problem from time to time. Sometimes you could bang on the top of the TV with your fist, in the style of the Fonz banging on the jukebox, and that would fix it.

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 am

Yup!  We had one portable set whose scrolling could only be cured by lifting a corner of it and dropping it on the table.  Also, we had a furnace we could turn on by throwing a Nerf ball at the wall.  Good times.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

I remember the bang.....they were made better back then and could take some abuse. lol
And the antennae some had....ok, hold it there...you let go, so did the picture, so you taped, got something to hold it in place or had a kid do it. : )

TV Antenna Pics

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 am

I love this episode - quite moving to see all the children working together, finding tin, using their own toys to help Tinker make the bell.

And the finale: the ringing of the bell to bring all the town to the church - a happy, spiritual ending. The look of gratitude on Rev. Alden's face was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"   "THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE VOICE OF TINKER JONES"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2