Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hurricane Season----on the lookout!

Go down 
+14
Carol
Kathleen Marie
pamh36
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lily
Alice
JW
Rhonda
Amy
Gin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Happy011

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Stay safe every one

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Jacobk10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Stay safe every one

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Jacobk10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Gin and Misti, we are thinking and praying for you and your families. Hope you are all ok.

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 1:43 am

Thanks everyone! We are back home today and everything is good. A little wind, though not as strong as the 40 mph predicted, and a brief 5 minute downpour is all.

I would have loved more rain but I'm grateful that we didn't have any damage.

Gin, how about you?

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 HummerHurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 MistiKeeperHurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Bookclub5Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 1:58 am

Glad you are ok, Misti.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 am

Wonderful, Misti!! Thank you for checking in to let us know that you're okay. You've been in my prayers.

Gin, check in when you can! You remain in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 8:03 am

I'm happy that everything's okay, Misti. Let's hope this is the last hurricane for a long, long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks for checking in, Misti. Gin, please let us know how you, and the family are doing.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Well, my yard is a jungle. But 18 hours without power isnt too bad. We are about 3 blocks from the police station ,so I have a hunch that had alot with why we now have power. Our roof is leaking above our staircase, our dead tree still stands, but the one next to it topped and took part of the dead one down.
Our neighbor behind us had a tree fall and took out a section of our privacy fence, but we just cant complain when we see 5 houses down the top section removed from that house. This family left town, but have to come home to this with 7 children.
We stayed with a neighbor across the street from us and they lost three trees. One fell onto their next door neighbors truck.
This was really scary listening to it into the night. It sounded just like a mixer on low speed and then put on high at times.
I couldn't help but remember Laura talking about the blizzard winds and how angry Pa got at them. It does make you angry,and now we are left with a huge clean up.

Our kids will be out of school at least the next three days...maybe more. Now we all have to be patient and kind to one another, because we aren't allowed to get out much. Curfews have been issued, til power lines ect are taken care of.
Thanks so much for your prayers . I will be busy for the next few days, with clean up but will be back on soon. Smiles.....Gin (I got lots of pictures so I might post one or two soon.)

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Thank God for your safety Misti and Gin.........Nothing that I would want to be a part of....hang in there, clean up will probably go quickly.....everyone wants to get back to normal........ Cool

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Rhonda10Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Glad to hear that all prairie buddies are safe and accounted for. God is good.

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks for checking in, Gin, and thank God everyone is OK. ☮

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 HummerHurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 MistiKeeperHurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Bookclub5Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is okay. It sounds like such a mess, Gin, and I'm sure it'll be awhile before it's all cleaned up. But it's wonderful that everyone is okay. Thanks for checking in.

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Gin, I'm so glad that you're okay! Thank you for checking in and letting us know. (I'm glad that your power is back on, too!)
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Glad to hear that you both made it though ok.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:20 am

Thank Goodness you both are ok, Misti & Gin. It sounds pretty awful Gin, but I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse. I hope clean-up goes quickly and easily for you, although it doesn't sound like fun at all. :sad5: I wonder if it will be even more than 3 days that school is out, considering they have to get all those roads cleared for buses to come through, right? And Oh, I feel just horrible for the family with 7 kids! How awful to come home to that. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Oh my gosh, how horrible for Gin!! Like Rhonda said I'm sure people will be working hard and quickly to get things back to normal.

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Hello everyone. I went on a mini shopping trip today. Most stores are still closed, but HEB was open. They were letting in small amounts of people. They were run on genarators, only a few lights on and three registors open. It was wild shopping in a dark store. They had almost everything except freezer or frig. items. The only thing I need is eggs, but will just have to wait to get that.
The power is still out in most of our area and we are seeing how lucky we are that we have ours.
Our chain saw is working overtime right now, but I am glad Clay (my hubby) is home. They still cant open the store where he works. (JCP)
Today is our 18th wedding anniversary, and we have joked about making each other homemade cards. Maybe we can go out and eat next week....maybe.
Not much else to report....we are waiting for our Allstate agent to come look at our damage. An agent did call us today from Alabama. He was calling to tell us he is heading our way. I can say they seem to be on top of things.
Take care.....Gin

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Gin & Misti, I'm really glad to see you and your families are all safe, thanks for checking in! :sillySmiley:

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 4:00 pm

I'm glad you are ok Gin. How much damage did you guys get? Take care!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:17 pm

Mainly, trees down but we have a leak over our stairs too. We had a guy quote us $1,500 to remove just what is on the ground from the trees. ( it was only the top of an oak) and we just laughed at him. He really is too high. My hubby said " No thanks , now excuse me while I cut this up myself."
Funny thing is the guys name is Stuart Little. I just laughed and asked if his mom did that on purpose. He said " Well, my mom said she didnt, but I think she did."
So for all I know he has Mickey Mouse helping him.LOL

Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:28 pm

There are always going to be people who are going to try and make money off of people's misfortunes...$1500.00 seems a bit high!!

Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:19 am

Gin wrote:
Mainly, trees down but we have a leak over our stairs too. We had a guy quote us $1,500 to remove just what is on the ground from the trees. ( it was only the top of an oak) and we just laughed at him. He really is too high. My hubby said " No thanks , now excuse me while I cut this up myself."
Funny thing is the guys name is Stuart Little. I just laughed and asked if his mom did that on purpose. He said " Well, my mom said she didnt, but I think she did."
So for all I know he has Mickey Mouse helping him.LOL

ROFL, Gin---that IS funny (both the name AND the price quote Whistle ). Happy belated Anniversary! I hope you and Clay can celebrate it soon! Good luck with the clean up---for that amount of $$ I'd be doing it myself too! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Looks like Hurricane Irene will be kicking things up here on Saturday and Sunday before going North. We're already due for thunderstorms and high winds today. I'm begging the person that ticked off Mother Nature this year to apologize. Massachusetts doesn't like to be the subject of her wrath this often.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Geesh, you really have been hit hard! Each season there is something!! Yikes Hope you guys stay safe. I'll be praying for you too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Season----on the lookout!   Hurricane Season----on the lookout! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Season----on the lookout!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next