Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duggar family update

Go down 
+18
Prairie Dweller
Honeybee
LIWnut
alexczarn
Krissy
Rob
Rhonda
Debbie
Teresa
Gin
Ryder
Farmer Girl
Amy
Carol
Savannah
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Misti
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Xmassm4

Duggar family update - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm

I just read that a minute ago and was headed over here to post it. I do feel sorry for them. Blue
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

That's sad.Maybe now she will end having so many kids. Blue

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 pm

I think it's a "sign." Her body is trying to tell her something. However, I'm sure she'll be pregnant again in a few months. You know, gotta have that even 20.

Duggar family update - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Duggar family update - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 pm

I feel sorry for them, too, Debbie. Duggar family update - Page 5 488555 No matter what, it's heartbreaking to lose a baby.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Savannah wrote:
I feel sorry for them, too, Debbie. Duggar family update - Page 5 488555 No matter what, it's heartbreaking to lose a baby.

Yeah. Hopefully they take this time to think things through.

Duggar family update - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm

I didn't mean to sound harsh. I do feel bad for them, but I just don't agree with a lot of the choices they've made.

Duggar family update - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Teresa wrote:
I didn't mean to sound harsh. I do feel bad for them, but I just don't agree with a lot of the choices they've made.

You didn't sound harsh to me and I agree with you.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I know firsthand the devastation of miscarriage and wouldn't wish it on anyone. No Unfortunately, there's not a lot of rhyme or reason to miscarriage...I know she will justify that it could have happened just as easily in her 20's, which is probably true. (I lost my baby at 5 months along, at age 23, and I was perfectly healthy). I actually feel really sorry for them for more than just the loss of the baby....because they announced it so early, they are now going to have to deal with the backlash of the naysayers. That won't be fun to deal with at all, especially when they're in the throes of grief. No
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

Teresa wrote:

I agree

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 am

Sorry to hear about their loss. I know their strong faith will get them through .

Duggar family update - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

I'M sorry to here about her loss! That is just so sad!

Last edited by Krissy on Thu May 28, 2015 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 am

I am so sorry to hear that they must be hurting very much right now, They will only have more kids if its gods will thats one thing we can all be sure of Smile

Duggar family update - Page 5 Jacobk10Duggar family update - Page 5 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 pm

true enough.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

After suffering the miscarriage of their 20th child, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar will hold a memorial service on Wednesday, Dec. 14, for the baby girl they have named Jubilee Shalom Duggar.

The reality TV stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting had discovered on Thursday at a routine ultrasound appointment that their 20th child, due next April, no longer had a heartbeat. Advised by her doctor to let the miscarriage occur naturally, Michelle, 45, was being cared for at home by her family.

Following the miscarriage late Sunday night, Michelle began to feel lightheaded and as a precaution was taken to the hospital, where she was kept for observation, according to a family spokesperson. Michelle is recovering well and expected to return home later on Monday, the spokesperson adds.

"We have had many tears today," says Jim Bob Duggar, 46. "This is life, and I understand that we are going though something that many others have. You think about the what-ifs, but God gives us strength to go on. We won't be able to see this child's life and the phases that we've seen for our other children, but we know we will see this child in heaven one day. We are thankful for each child, and we are blessed to have the children we have here and the ones we will meet someday in heaven."

Jubilee Duggar's memorial service will be for friends and Duggar family members, who on late Sunday already held a private service in their home.

"We would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love," Jim Bob wrote in a letter he shared with PEOPLE. "As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. Our prayer is that Jubilee's passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face."

Though the family is in mourning, Jim Bob says they are grateful for the health of youngest daughter, Josie, who turned 2 on Dec. 10. Josie survived against all odds after being born at just 25 weeks and 1 lb., 6 oz. and has developed normally with no lasting impairments.

"We were looking forward to this birthday because it is a milestone for her," he says. "It is wonderful that she is with us and doing so well."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 pm

feel for them.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm not sure if any of you have heard... but since we had a big discussion on the Duggar family... what do you think of this latest news of them?

BOMBSHELL DUGGAR POLICE REPORT: JIM BOB DUGGAR DIDN’T REPORT SON JOSH’S ALLEGED SEX OFFENSES FOR MORE THAN A YEAR

Article:  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombshell-duggar-police-report-jim-bob-duggar-didn-t-report-son-josh-s-alleged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Wow... not so innocent after all.  The news was shocking to me, specially because I remember making a post about how he didn't even give his girlfriend a kiss when he got engaged, he was so strict when dating.  But now everything came crumbling down. TLC pulled all the current airing of the show. There is now some talk that there may be a spin off show featuring the two girls who got married. I doubt that 19 Kids will come back on... I mean, even if it did, I think that after this news broke, the show has run it's course and the Duggars reputation can and will never be the same... even if it happened several years ago.

Duggar family update - Page 5 1270999715814282128

*What do you all think?

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 6:29 pm

The whole cover up saga is what is the most disturbing for me.

Duggar family update - Page 5 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Even if the show returns to TLC, I will no longer watch it. I think the show has run it's course.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm not a reality TV fan, so I never watched the show. I feel it's too much pressure to put on your family to be on a series such as this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:42 am

I've never been a fan of shows such as this one, but you can't help knowing what is going on with the families anyways because they are constantly in the media. TLC made the right decision to pull the plug on this show, and personally I don't think there should be a spin-off. I agree with the others who have said the show has run its course, and perhaps the family should realize that the best way to deal with this new scandal might be to stay out of the spotlight while they deal with what has happened.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:50 am

I never watched the show! Only seen a little bit of a episode or two.. They did come off as like a happy good family. I guess a good God fearing family. I do respect what they believe in & stand for. This news is shocking to me. I think it's best for the network TLC to pull the show.  It seems like the family NOT  dealing with this problem serious enough. Don't think the family should be dealing with the family on TV. do it behind doors.  The comments on Face book I've read people come off like what Josh did was a " Normal Teen mistakes,

I can totally understand the pressure theses children must have had being in the family & Show,

Last edited by Krissy on Fri May 29, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:59 pm

I blame the parents.  I do.  I have always said that the more you shelter a kid, the more curious that kid will become.  I think this nonsense of not even letting your kid give a girl a kiss on the cheek when they become engaged is just bizarre.  And if they try to beat it into a kid's head that even something as mundane as holding a hand will lead to sin, then, of course, that is going to make someone wonder what else is out there for them to experience.  

It is one thing to raise a kid to know right from wrong.  It is something completely different to do what they did.

And I completely disagree with people saying that what he did was normal for a boy his age.  No.  I have never dealt with a teenage boy who has done something like that.  And if he has, that isn't normal.  Either his mind isn't "right" or the temptation of "sin" was too great (which I really do think only comes if a person has extreme parents).  Are boys curious?  Of course.  Do they act upon it?  No.  The world really isn't as debauched as people like to think it is.

And the biggest joke is that Michelle Duggar lived quite the life until she met Jim Bob.  And look at how one of her kids turned out.

I never liked that son.  Heck, I never liked his wife.  But I always thought he had such a big ego.  Now I know why.  He did something that he really thought he could get away with because, apparently, he did.  It is just ridiculous.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:54 pm

I agree with everything you said, MissOleson. It's nonsense they can't have their first kiss until they get married. A kiss on the check should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:00 pm

I agree too with you MissOleson I agree i don't think it's good when parents shelter kids so much. Not being able to kiss or kiss on a check? What's so wrong about that?  I kind of think i would go crazy living in that family. I disagree too. It isn't a normal Teen thing. It's a very wrong thing to do,

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:32 am

I agree with what MissOleson said.... what this guy did is not a normal thing for a teenage boy to do! There is no excuse with what he did, and he should be punished for it, even if it happened a long time ago.

I don't think I blame the parents for what their son did, but what I do blame them for is not telling someone when they first found out and hiding this for as long as they apparently did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duggar family update
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next