Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duggar family update

Go down 
+18
Prairie Dweller
Honeybee
LIWnut
alexczarn
Krissy
Rob
Rhonda
Debbie
Teresa
Gin
Ryder
Farmer Girl
Amy
Carol
Savannah
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Misti
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Happy010

Duggar family update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Okay, I don't know if anyone saw their last episode...

First of all I'll say that the Duggars have grown on me. Yeah, I still think they are strict in some ways but to each his own and the kids don't seem to mind, they look happy, healthy, etc...

So in last night's episode it showed the Duggars (Jim Bob and the 11 oldest kids) going on a mission trip to El Salvador and taking gifts and other necessities to the poor families living in the jungle.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/17-kids-and-counting/slideshows/el-salvador.html

I think that is really great how they are taking these trips and giving to the people in need. It looks like they have been helping for about 3 years already. When you see the episode, it sure makes you realize that even though you think you are poor here... you are actually rich considering we have a lot of things here that some might take for granted... like running water, an indoor working bathroom, beds, TV, etc...

I admire anyone, specially young people, who take these mission trips because in the end, they actually get more out of a trip like this, than what they would if they went to Cancun to party for Spring Break. Making a difference in someone's life... like the Duggars did here and like Matt Roloff (Little People Big World) did for those 2 little kids in Iraq, is something that you will have in your heart forever and molds you into becoming a good person.

Duggar family update - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Josh & Anna Dugger are having a baby!!!

The announcement video is here:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/18-kids-and-counting/duggar-family.html

and here's an article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/duggars_grandchild

How exciting!!!

Duggar family update - Page 2 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Duggar family update - Page 2 Little
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I saw this too. I wonder if 'they' will have a big family too. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Ryder
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Hey I haven't been here in awhile but had to chime in! I love the Duggers. My cousins know them.. or have been in the same room.. let me explain. My cousins and the Duggers are part of a group called ATI seen here

http://ati.iblp.org/ati/

And the group believes that children are a gift from God and you should have as many as He blesses you with.... my cousins have 9, and I can assure you they wanted more. There is no shouting, I've never seen them discipline their children although I know they do. They have always been very well behaved and their faith amazes me. They are fun to be around... the only thing I don't like is they really don't believe the girls should go to college. They think the woman should stay home and stay with the kids and the men should go out and earn the living.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Duggar family update - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Ryder!! Wave Wow, it *has* been a while! It's good to see you!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:41 am

Welcome back Ryder! Wave

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Duggar brood keeps growing with No. 19 on the way
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Michelle Duggar, the 42-year-old Arkansas mom of 18 and a soon-to-be grandmother, is pregnant again.
Duggar said Tuesday that she took a pregnancy test on a whim and was shocked to see she was pregnant.
Meanwhile, she is gearing up to become a grandmother for the first time. Her oldest son, Josh, and his wife, Anna, are expecting their first child next month.
Michelle Duggar and her husband, Jim Bob, live in Tontitown, Ark. They are featured with their family on TLC's "18 Kids and Counting."
Michelle Duggar says she's nearly 12 weeks along and due on March 18.

Duggar family update - Page 2 HummerDuggar family update - Page 2 MistiKeeperDuggar family update - Page 2 Bookclub5Duggar family update - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm

I saw this on the TODAY show. I do hope this baby is healthy above all. She has such a wonderfully, blessed family.

Duggar family update - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 am

That is great! Can you imagine there family reunions in few years??

Duggar family update - Page 2 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Duggar family update - Page 2 Little
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:04 pm

wow 19 kids
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh! Another little one for the 4 older girls to care for! ☮

Duggar family update - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Exactly..........................

Duggar family update - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 am

how many more kids?
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Baby #20 is on the way! thud

They're going for an even 20!

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, are expecting their 20th child this spring.

"We are so excited," says Michelle, 45, who is now about three-and-a-half months into her pregnancy and due in April. "I feel good. I am past the sickness stage now."

The Tontitown, Ark., couple, who are parents to children Joshua, 23 (who is married to Anna, 23 and has two children, Mackynzie, 2 and Michael, 4 months), twins Jana and John-David, 21; Jill, 20; Jessa, 19; Jinger, 17; Joseph, 16; Josiah, 15; Joy-Anna, 14; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 12; Jason, 11; James, 10; Justin, 8; Jackson, 7; Johanna, 6; Jennifer, 4; and Jordyn, 3, weathered the medical emergency of their youngest daughter, Josie's birth on Dec. 10, 2009.

She was born following Michelle's preeclampsia diagnosis at a mere 25 weeks, weighing only 1lb., 6 oz.

Josie's medical drama – and Michelle's own fight for survival – was documented throughout their TV series. Josie will turn 2 in December and is developing normally, without any longterm effects from her premature birth.

"It is a miracle. Josie is the most energetic, busy little almost-2-year-old," says Michelle. "She is short, and yet she can keep up with the big girls and she thinks she is just as big as they are. We are amazed at what she can do."

Following Josie's life-threatening arrival into the world, the Duggars understand that some might question their latest pregnancy.

"Michelle is probably in better health now than she was 10 years ago," says Jim Bob, 46. "She has been getting on an elliptical for about an hour a day and is very careful of what she eats."

Michelle, who is under the care of a high-risk pregnancy doctor, says she is being cautious, eating a lot of protein and green vegetables and abstaining from caffeine. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of women have preeclampsia – Michelle had it with her second pregnancy – and the condition can strike randomly. Women who have had it previously are at higher risk, however.

"We are just going to do the best we can," says Michelle. "I am taking a nap every day, and we are just taking good care."

Jim Bob agrees: "If we had lived by fear after Michelle had preeclampsia after her second delivery, we would have missed out on all our wonderful blessings," he says. "So many of her pregnancies have gone extremely well."

One completely new aspect of this pregnancy? Michelle will have her very first scheduled Cesarean section since Josie's premature birth required a special cut on the inside of her uterus.

"I've never had a planned C-section," Michelle says. "So this one will be different."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 pm

thud
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:22 pm

After the scare they had with the last one, I wouldn't even think of going again. Not to mention the wear and tear on a woman's body....God's plan was to "be fruitful and multiply" but I don't think He meant it to be one family to do it....and that was when the world was starting, now that there is 7,000,000,000 people in the world, having this many children is not necessary....just my opinion.... scratchead

Duggar family update - Page 2 Rhonda10Duggar family update - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Unbelievable..............I'm not even going to comment any further....................

Duggar family update - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Rhonda wrote:
7,000,000,000 people in the world

Duggar family update - Page 2 Barney-fife
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Rhonda wrote:
...and that was when the world was starting, now that there is 7,000,000,000 people in the world, having this many children is not necessary....just my opinion.... scratchead

Or responsible. Couldn't agree more with your post, Rhonda.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Yikes OhMy Ooops WOW.

You can't help but feel bad for the older children.They must have to care for the younger children.How does the parents have enough time in the day to pay all the kids enough attention.?I wouldn't want to have that many sisters and brothers/

When is this women gonna stop?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:59 pm

I watched this last night. I think after getting to the point of now having two grandchildren its time to "unplug" something.

Duggar family update - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Ya. it seems too be. Some ppl can hardly aford 5 children how do they 30 kids.

but not being rude or anything. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:03 am

I in a way see all of your views, But since i grew up in Fairly big family of 7 kids, My Grandparents had 12 and other grandparents had 11 i don't really see this as a bad thing i think they should keep to them selves more i think in a way they only do this to be famous,

Duggar family update - Page 2 Jacobk10Duggar family update - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 am

I came from a family of 6 kids, so I am right there with you Jacob....I have no problem with large families as long as you are able to care for them; which the Duggar's are.....My problem is the health of the mother and the baby through the pregnancy......she had all kinds of medical issues with the last baby and that should've told her, "this is the last one to have" but they went on to have yet another. I pray for the health of the baby and the mother through this, but she really needs to consider this as the end.... No

Duggar family update - Page 2 Rhonda10Duggar family update - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:00 am

Yes Rhonda i totally agree with you on that, My Mom had some severe problems just before i was born she had to be on heart Medication the whole time but my Parents were smart enough to not try and have more after me Smile

I really think they must be doing this for the Fame cause if they would't have more children people would stop watching the show or they may even cancel it all together

Duggar family update - Page 2 Jacobk10Duggar family update - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duggar family update
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next