Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duggar family update

Go down 
+18
Prairie Dweller
Honeybee
LIWnut
alexczarn
Krissy
Rob
Rhonda
Debbie
Teresa
Gin
Ryder
Farmer Girl
Amy
Carol
Savannah
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Misti
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Happy010

Duggar family update - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Very well said, Savannah!! I totally agree.

Duggar family update - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Savannah wrote:
I'm all for big families, but honestly I have some serious issues with this because the parents aren't bringing the kids up. Their older siblings are doing most of the "parenting". And I have no problem with kids in the family helping out and doing chores - I believe that it builds character as well as self-confidence. But having chores isn't the same as having the adult responsibility of caring for children being placed on young girls. If the Duggars truly believe that God gave them the children, then they should be bringing them up - not putting the bulk of the responsibility on their older kids. How much time can they spend with each child? How can they properly teach them all that they need to know when there are so many who are depending on them? I have to admit, though, that I have a hard time being level-headed about this, because it seems to me as if they don't cherish the baby they *have*, they seem to. . . constantly crave the next one. You know? It's as if they're almost addicted to pregnancy. And I totally understand loving kids - I love children deeply and always wanted a child of my own...But it's neglectful to continue to have children and then put the responsibility of raising them on someone else's shoulders, no matter who that person is or how nice they are.
Thumbsup

Duggar family update - Page 4 HummerDuggar family update - Page 4 MistiKeeperDuggar family update - Page 4 Bookclub5Duggar family update - Page 4 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Misti wrote:
Savannah wrote:
I'm all for big families, but honestly I have some serious issues with this because the parents aren't bringing the kids up. Their older siblings are doing most of the "parenting". And I have no problem with kids in the family helping out and doing chores - I believe that it builds character as well as self-confidence. But having chores isn't the same as having the adult responsibility of caring for children being placed on young girls. If the Duggars truly believe that God gave them the children, then they should be bringing them up - not putting the bulk of the responsibility on their older kids. How much time can they spend with each child? How can they properly teach them all that they need to know when there are so many who are depending on them? I have to admit, though, that I have a hard time being level-headed about this, because it seems to me as if they don't cherish the baby they *have*, they seem to. . . constantly crave the next one. You know? It's as if they're almost addicted to pregnancy. And I totally understand loving kids - I love children deeply and always wanted a child of my own...But it's neglectful to continue to have children and then put the responsibility of raising them on someone else's shoulders, no matter who that person is or how nice they are.
Thumbsup

Totally agree. I think their fame has got to their heads.

Duggar family update - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I read on your website. One person, said hopefully after this baby is born. She'll be on menopause, very soon.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Teresa wrote:
Very well said, Savannah!! I totally agree.

Me too....I think you nailed it Savannah. I know Michelle denies that she's 'addicted to pregnancy', but it IS strange that they just can't seem to wait to have the next child. If every child is a gift, as they say, shouldn't they cherish them completely beyond just infancy? Don't get me wrong, I totally believe they love ALL their kids, I'm not saying they don't. But loving and nurturing are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Yes, you are so right, Amy!!

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

My post disappeared here. scratchead This thing has gone overboard and my opinion is that the Duggars have let fame get to their heads.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Hmm, strange---I can still see your post Alex. Right after Misti's and before Buttercup's---is that the one you're refering to?
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmm, strange---I can still see your post Alex. Right after Misti's and before Buttercup's---is that the one you're refering to?

My bad; I forgot where it was. Ooops

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Amy wrote:
refering

Duggar family update - Page 4 Barney-fife
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Fife, quick on the draw tonight! I was just going to correct that! OhMy

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm jumpy! Duggar family update - Page 4 135245
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 pm

I guess! greenS
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 pm

I agree too. You read my mind on this.

do the parents expect the children to have this many children has well?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:31 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Well, if they do, that's 400 grandchildren and 8,000 great grandchildren...and so on...

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Some of them may not even want to have kids because they feel like they've "raised" enough. Ha! My husband and I have joked about that before.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:26 pm

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Well, if they do, that's 400 grandchildren and 8,000 great grandchildren...and so on...

400 grandchildren. OhMy Grandma & grandpa needs move to a castle.

How rare is to have Aunt younger than you? or is it some common.

I know, my mom is the same age as my older cousin (Since his my mom got pregnant @ 16.) My Aunt & my late grandma was pregnant @ the same time, back in 1955/1956. my mom just few days older than her nephew.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Buttercup wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

400 grandchildren. OhMy Grandma & grandpa needs move to a castle.

I know, my mom is the same age as my older cousin (Since his my mom got pregnant @ 16.) My Aunt & my late grandma was pregnant @ the same time, back in 1955/1956. my mom just few days older than her nephew.

Well my cousin has an uncle a few years younger than he is.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Smile that be a whole lot of grandchildren.LOL

Well,Maybe this will be theire last child? lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Duggar family update - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:41 am

Buttercup wrote:

In my Religion it is very common to have Aunts or Uncles same age as you, My Mom has a Nephew Two weeks younger then her the interesting thing is my Aunt had't even known that my Grandma was Expecting as well till my mom was born Laughing Back in the day i guess they did't talk about stuff like that Smile

Duggar family update - Page 4 Jacobk10Duggar family update - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Duggar family update - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 am

JW wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

In my Religion it is very common to have Aunts or Uncles same age as you, My Mom has a Nephew Two weeks younger then her the interesting thing is my Aunt had't even known that my Grandma was Expecting as well till my mom was born Duggar family update - Page 4 135245 Back in the day i guess they did't talk about stuff like that Duggar family update - Page 4 811339

Duggar family update - Page 4 702150 My youngest aunt is two years younger than my oldest brother. And she's only a few years older than I am. She was always more like a cousin than an aunt.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 am

I know a few people who were aunts when they were born. It happens sometimes in larger families or even when children are simply born far apart.

At least the Duggars aren't on welfare! That would grate me!
I am also glad that having twenty kids isn't a result of being divorced and remarried a few times...

Twenty kids is a lot! I grew up in a family of nine (would have been eleven had it not been for two miscarriages) and nine was plenty big enough!
I do feel sorry for the younger children as I don't think they'll ever really know their older siblings very well. My oldest brother was almost seventeen when I was born and I have no recollection of his living at home. We can honestly say that we have never fought! I can't say that with all of my brothers! Duggar family update - Page 4 771460
But even then I only clearly have childhood memories of my brothers who are ten and fewer years older than myself.

I certainly don't think a person should have twenty kids, mainly for the fact of how hard it must be on her body as well as how hard it must be on the children. I would prefer someone naturally conceiving twenty kids than someone conceiving eight children due to meddling with doctors...

Duggar family update - Page 4 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
At least the Duggars aren't on welfare! That would grate me!

Nope, they have done quite well for themselves, and I will give them credit for a lot of that. Some of it is from very hard work, plus living smart and living WELL below their means for many many years. They're a good example in a lot of ways of how to live debt free. BUT, it's a known fact that they have used their children as child labor, including building their dream house (which they own debt free). They could not have built that without the HARD labor of their kids, nor could they have afforded it without that TV show, which is because of their kids. They say they would have finished the house anyway, but I don't believe that for a second, sorry. They needed the physical labor and the income they get from the kids.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I wounder if the kids will go on to college or if they have to stay on and take care of the kids.

True point amy.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

There you go; she miscarried the wouldbe 20th baby.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Duggar family update - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duggar family update
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next