Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Christmas movie

Go down 
+19
Harrietfan
Julia
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
MissOleson
LIWnut
alexczarn
Lori
Kristina
Rob
Prairie Wind
Alice
susansmoose
Rhonda
bethandmanly
JW
Carol
Savannah
Amy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Bokmal10

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 am

my favorite Christmas movies/tv episodes are are.....

A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Year Without A Santa Claus
Garfield's Christmas
The Toy That Saved Christmas
Christmas At Plum Creek
A Christmas They Never Forgot
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Oh, I forgot about The Toy that Saved Christmas! I love that one! And The Star of Christmas, too. My niece and nephews and I used to all gather together and watch those every year at Christmastime. Love I have a whole basket of Christmas cartoons and specials that we would watch together.

Arthur's Perfect Christmas was another one.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Has anyone mentioned The Homecoming? That's the TV-movie that spawned The Waltons. I always liked that one.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Oh, I love that one, Rob! I haven't seen that in years, but it's an excellent Christmas movie.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 4:30 pm

And how about The House Without a Christmas Tree? Does anyone remember that? I remember it being on a few times in the '70s. I think Jason Robards was in it.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 4:30 pm

With John boy? (Meaning The Homecoming)

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Yes. I think all the actors who played the Walton kids were the same ones who later appeared in the series. But the parents in the movie were played by Patricia Neal (one of my faves) and Andrew Duggan.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Okay, yeah, I like that one. Haven't seen it is years though. I just read the book when I was in Idaho.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Here is part 1 of 10....you can view the rest at youtube. Thumbsup

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Rhonda10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Oh, wow! Thanks Rhonda!

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 8:38 pm

I also love Winnie The Pooh And Christmas Too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
:haha: You need a new job then, cuz you missed some! :haha:

:Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Here's a few that we have enjoyed so far this year:

A Christmas Wish
The Christmas Card
Christmas Child

My kids love the Laurel and Hardy version of March of the Wooden Soldiers. We'll have to watch it again soon.

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I thought i should BUMP this since it is Almost Christmas again

I Started watching Christmas Movies again Started with Home Alone Smile

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Jacobk10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Good idea Jacob! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 pm

I'll try to persuade my younger brother and sister to watch "Christmas at Plum Creek" again. That is one of my fav episodes. Love

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

The Christmas Shoes. I read the book and cried and then watched the movie and cried again!!! Great story.

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 MarilynKeeper christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 pm

The Christmas Shoes is on my list that i would like to watch yet
I just watch Home Alone 2

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Jacobk10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:04 am

Not a fan of Home Alone 2, but I always loved Home Alone! I still don't know how a mother would forget one of her kids though scratchead ....once I get over that and just tell myself it's "just a movie", I can sit back and enjoy it. greenS
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm

LIWnut wrote:
The Christmas Shoes. I read the book and cried and then watched the movie and cried again!!! Great story.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The song breaks my heart and the movie does as well....One of my boys introduced me to the song.....I guess when you have a mom that goes through cancer, you think about things like this....
No

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Rhonda10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 am

Rhonda wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The song breaks my heart and the movie does as well....One of my boys introduced me to the song.....I guess when you have a mom that goes through cancer, you think about things like this....
No

Rhonda, have you read the book? The song is wonderful, the movie is great but the book is amazing. You really must get a copy. I rarely have tears rolling down my cheeks when reading a book, but this one gets me every time.

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 MarilynKeeper christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 pm

I Watch Angel in the Family Yesterday i always LOVE that movie at christmas time has anyone seen it?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

No

Rhonda, have you read the book? The song is wonderful, the movie is great but the book is amazing. You really must get a copy. I rarely have tears rolling down my cheeks when reading a book, but this one gets me every time.

Marilyn, I have never read the book and if it made you cry, I would be a mess.......I wouldn't be able to see to read it......I know when my son sent the song to me he was remembering my fight with cancer, and when I hear that song and the child wanting to buy shoes for his mom in case she meets Jesus.....just rips out my heart......My boys went through a lot when I was sick.....
bawling

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 pm

My favorite is definitely "A Christmas Story". I always watched it during Christmas. Now that they have the 24 hour thing going on, I love it because I can choose the right time to watch it after I have watched all of the other Christmas programs during the day. Smile I think I like it the best because I always say it reminds me of my childhood. Yes, I was not a boy growing up in the 40's wanting a BB Gun for Christmas, but everything else just makes me think of how Christmas was when I was a kid. Smile

Second would have to be "Miracle of 34th St". But I suppose that is because I am obsessed with John Payne, the man who plays Fred - the lawyer for Kris Kringle. I just love him. Love

"The Bishop's Wife" is probably third on that list. You can never go wrong with a good Christmas story with Cary Grant and David Niven thrown into the picture. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

I watched a new Christmas movie today through Netflix streaming. It was so good!! It's called "Christmas with a Capital C". It's a Hallmark type movie (not sure if it IS Hallmark, but like it). Sometimes the Hallmark movies can get kind of hokey for me, to be honest, and this one was not. I love the message/theme and the acting is pretty good too! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas movie
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next