Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Labor Day plans

Go down 
+4
HarrisonCrosby4387
pamh36
JW
Amy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Labor Day plans Love-s10

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 pm

What has everyone been doing this weekend? Any big plans for Monday?

I am washing and staining our wood fence tomorrow, having a cookout (for just our family) for lunch, and then taking my son back to college.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Labor Day plans Happy011

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

no plans here

I stayed at the Hospital with my brother for the night last night spent the day there today but nothing big

Labor Day plans Jacobk10Labor Day plans Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:36 am

It has been a busy weekend here. We had a birthday party to go to Saturday. Yesterday, we went and visited with Tim's parents and saw their new house. They are moving from the west side of the state (Grand Rapids area) back near us. We are so happy they are moving back.

Today, we are going to have my dad over later and bbq. Also, prepare for back to school tomorrow. Where has the summer gone??? I don't want it to end!

Labor Day plans PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am

That is so great that Tim's parents are moving back near you Pam!

And I know, this summer FLEW by, didn't it?! Back to our early crazy mornings! :groan:

My only bonus is that my too unruly daycare boys are starting kindergarten this year---one is in mornings and one is in afternoons, so they'll be separated. They butt heads (total personality conflict), so this is going to be very good for them. And for me too!! Thumbsup

I guess I can only wash the fence today---the directions say you're not supposed to stain for 24-48 hours after a rainfall or fence washing. Oh well, it's probably all I have time for today anyway!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Summer did fly by! It seems like the kids were just excited that summer vacation was starting. Tomorrow, Kelsey starts middle school!!!! OhMy

That is good that your two daycare boys will be separated. It'll be a lot less stress for you. It'll be interesting to see how they are when they aren't around each other.

Since you don't have to stain the fence as well, maybe you can find some time to relax today. You never know! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Labor Day plans Happy011

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Well yesterday me and my family, along with the guy I have been seeing, went to my cousin's house for a cook out. Now today he is coming over our house for some pasta since we all had the usual cookout food yesterday. Also every holiday this 88 year old friend of the family comes over to eat as well.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Labor Day plans Bokmal10

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:01 pm

I've been catching up on work the past couple of days. Today the in-laws are coming over for a cookout.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am

pamh36 wrote:
Summer did fly by! It seems like the kids were just excited that summer vacation was starting. Tomorrow, Kelsey starts middle school!!!! OhMy

That is good that your two daycare boys will be separated. It'll be a lot less stress for you. It'll be interesting to see how they are when they aren't around each other.

Since you don't have to stain the fence as well, maybe you can find some time to relax today. You never know! grinsmiley

Good luck to Kelsey today! Nick is starting high school---I can't even believe that! My twin nieces are sophomores and were going to help him find his way around this morning---so cute! Nice to have cousins in the same school! And I'm enjoying my morning already, without having the two boys arguing---they have their moments of 'good play', but they just aggravate each other more than the average kids, that's for sure. Yes, WAY less stress for me! Applause

I did end up having a relaxing day, thanks Pam---even the ride to Kalamazoo wasn't too bad. My parents joined us, and we left in plenty of time to beat the heavy traffic.

Beckie, is sounds like things are going great with your new man! Wink Glad to hear it! Thumbsup

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 pm

I mentioned to my husband yesterday morning that Kara really wanted to go on a bike trail before school started. I thought the two of them could just go if he wanted, but he decided we should all go since he, a formerly avid bike rider, can't keep up with her. With Erin and I along, that would be an excuse to go slower. He got on the internet to find out where we could park, etc. and came across a picture of a bridge on the trail that he thought was cool. The trail was pretty flat with a slight incline and we were going into a light wind. Great, I thought, so the ride back should be slightly downhill, and the wind will be pushing us. It seemed to take forever and no bridge. Gary and Kara were not tiring a bit and wanted to keep going. So we all continued and finally made it to the bridge. Erin and I were not that impressed. It did have pretty scenery below, but the bridge itself was not that impressive. Erin and I were pretty tired, but we only had about 10 miles to go to get back according to Gary. Somehow the ride back was also slightly uphill, and we were again riding into the wind! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it, but we kept going. Gary had missed a couple of mile markers on the way, so the round trip was about 25 miles! I don't think I have ever ridden that far in my life. Kara and I were really sore when we were done. So that is how we spent our Labor Day.

Labor Day plans Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Amy wrote:

Good luck to Kelsey today! Nick is starting high school---I can't even believe that! My twin nieces are sophomores and were going to help him find his way around this morning---so cute! Nice to have cousins in the same school! And I'm enjoying my morning already, without having the two boys arguing---they have their moments of 'good play', but they just aggravate each other more than the average kids, that's for sure. Yes, WAY less stress for me! Applause

I did end up having a relaxing day, thanks Pam---even the ride to Kalamazoo wasn't too bad. My parents joined us, and we left in plenty of time to beat the heavy traffic.

Thanks, Amy. Kelsey ended up having a good first day. Devin, on the other hand, has been sleeping all afternoon. I guess 6 o'clock came too early for him. Laughing

That is nice that your nieces were going to help Nick out at school. Starting high school can be especially intimidating with a bigger school and usually more responsibility.

I'm glad to hear you had a relaxing day yesterday. They don't seem to come often enough.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Labor Day plans Purple2

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:47 pm

I went to Missouri Thursday afternoon and started mowing the yard at my aunt's house. It started getting dark, the skeeter eaters started eating on me, then I ran out of fuel.

Friday, went to Silver Dollar City for the day....it rained off and on, but it didn't bother us at all, we were enjoying the entertainment and each other..... Labor Day plans 674576

Saturday, I worked around my aunt's house, mowing the yard and cleaning around the house.....

Sunday, went to church and then lunch at a friends house....

Monday, went on a bike ride over to the lake in Missouri and had a picnic with the family. We rode home on the bikes after it got dark and chilly, but all in all, we had a wonderful time.... Labor Day plans 713955

Was going to come home Tuesday, but some water leaks were found in the house, and we needed to try to stop the leaks......went to a high school volleyball game that night, and came home today......... Labor Day plans A_huh

Labor Day plans Rhonda10Labor Day plans Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Labor Day plans Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Labor Day plans Happy010

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 am

I'm glad you're back safely, Rhonda. Labor Day plans 946959
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 am

It sounds like you had a very busy weekend, Rhonda!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 am

Lori wrote:
I mentioned to my husband yesterday morning that Kara really wanted to go on a bike trail before school started. I thought the two of them could just go if he wanted, but he decided we should all go since he, a formerly avid bike rider, can't keep up with her. With Erin and I along, that would be an excuse to go slower. He got on the internet to find out where we could park, etc. and came across a picture of a bridge on the trail that he thought was cool. The trail was pretty flat with a slight incline and we were going into a light wind. Great, I thought, so the ride back should be slightly downhill, and the wind will be pushing us. It seemed to take forever and no bridge. Gary and Kara were not tiring a bit and wanted to keep going. So we all continued and finally made it to the bridge. Erin and I were not that impressed. It did have pretty scenery below, but the bridge itself was not that impressive. Erin and I were pretty tired, but we only had about 10 miles to go to get back according to Gary. Somehow the ride back was also slightly uphill, and we were again riding into the wind! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it, but we kept going. Gary had missed a couple of mile markers on the way, so the round trip was about 25 miles! I don't think I have ever ridden that far in my life. Kara and I were really sore when we were done. So that is how we spent our Labor Day.

Lori, 25 miles?!?! I could never have done that in a zillion years. You guys are troopers!! Thumbsup

pamh36 wrote:

Thanks, Amy. Kelsey ended up having a good first day. Devin, on the other hand, has been sleeping all afternoon. I guess 6 o'clock came too early for him. Laughing

Nick's been the same way Pam....he's having trouble getting used to the new schedule, after his summer 'late nights'! Both my boys are total night owls...Brendan has arranged his college schedule so he doesn't have classes before 9:00am, (LOL, not sure how long he'll be able to keep that up throughout his college years!), but Nick is up every morning by 5:15. Yikes!

Rhonda wrote:
I went to Missouri Thursday afternoon and started mowing the yard at my aunt's house. It started getting dark, the skeeter eaters started eating on me, then I ran out of fuel.

Friday, went to Silver Dollar City for the day....it rained off and on, but it didn't bother us at all, we were enjoying the entertainment and each other..... Labor Day plans 674576

Saturday, I worked around my aunt's house, mowing the yard and cleaning around the house.....

Sunday, went to church and then lunch at a friends house....

Monday, went on a bike ride over to the lake in Missouri and had a picnic with the family. We rode home on the bikes after it got dark and chilly, but all in all, we had a wonderful time.... Labor Day plans 713955

Was going to come home Tuesday, but some water leaks were found in the house, and we needed to try to stop the leaks......went to a high school volleyball game that night, and came home today......... Labor Day plans A_huh

Welcome back Rhonda----you certainly had a busy Holiday! Sounds nice too! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Labor Day plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Labor Day plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Labor Day plans
Page 1 of 1