Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need your prayers....

Go down 
+20
ChristinaAL
Alice
carolineingalls
pat1964
Amy
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lori
Vanesa
JW
alexczarn
LIWnut
pamh36
Rhonda
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
I Love Dean
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Bokmal10

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:13 am

I'm glad to see your positive approach, Lorrie. You have so much support from your online and offline friends. I hope it makes a difference. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and the hubby.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 am

Hello my friends,

Yesterday was a very long day. My sister and I left my house about 7 a.m. and I didn't get home until 5:00 p.m. My chemo got started late it was after the noon hour before they got all my counciling done and my questions were answered. My first drug came in a IV bag form took about an hour. Round two she came out with two suringes filled with red fluid. This she manally pushed into my IV port. Got a little light headed through this proceedure. The third drug came in a slow drip IV bag as well. Total time approximately three hours.

I felt fine for a few hours after being home. About 10 o'clock I took one of my nausia pills because I had the shakes and upset stomach, not to mention every time I went to the bathroom it came out red (normal). The pill helped somewhat but I thought maybe I had better eat a little bit since I didn't have much for supper. Nothing looked good in the refrigerator for a shaky stomach. Then I remembered last time I felt this way on my South Beach diet I had a "low sugar" crash. A half a can of regular soda perked me right up. Well no regular pop in my house, but that jar filled with candy corn sure did the trick.

This morning I am feeling good, body feels a little tired but that is all. I am leaving in a few minutes to pick up my mom. We will do lunch, I will get my hair cut and then shopping, shopping, shopping... until my body tells me to stop.

Catch you later my friends...

Lorrie

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:33 am

So glad to hear things are going as planned. Pay attention to your body and line up some good books in case you just need to rest. I give a prayer of thanks this morning and more for the next few days. Watch your mail Lorrie...love ya!

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 am

Lorrie,
I'm so glad that everything went smoothly yesterday, even though it was such a long day for you. That's great that the candy corn did the trick and perked you back up. Have a wonderful time shopping with your mom. I'll be praying for you. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Lorrie,

So glad all went well.....I can remember sitting in the big recliner watching that IV drip, drip, drip ever so slowly.......When the nurse would 'piggy back' the benedryl on top.....that was when I needed a nap.....ZzzzzZzzzzz Because it went right into the vein.....it worked within 20 seconds or less........

I understand about nothing looking good to eat.....I lost my appetite and the ONLY thing that tasted any where near good, was a chicken pot pie that someone had bought at Sam's and had brought over......My husband and boys' all sat there at the table staring at me and I finally swallowed and asked, "what?!?" and the boys' said, "YOU'RE EATING!!!" They were SO excited to actually see their mama eat......anyway...try the pot pie from Sam's......
pray

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Rhonda10I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey gang,

I'm only gonna post a couple pictures and quick get off the computer. The hubby is gone for a while and I see a good cat nap opportunity. Here is what my new short hairdo looks like... What do ya think?

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 2

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 1-1

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Lorrie,
Your hair looks very pretty, and so stylish. Shorter hair looks very nice on you.

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:57 pm

WOW! Great look, Lorrie! I need your prayers....  - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Lorrie! That style looks so cute on you! You look great!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:31 pm

I like it Lorrie Thumbsup
Thank you for keeping us updated. Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Your Hair Style Looks Great Lorrie Thumbsup My brother Shaved his head always just after the First Chemo He almost look like a Soildier lol greenS

I just want you to know i am Supporting you all the way. Smile

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Jacobk10I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:39 pm

You looks amazingly well, Lorrie! A real movie-star! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 pm

You look great!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:16 pm

You are beautiful as always, both inside and out. Hope that your Sunday went well my friend. I have been thinking of you all day. That is a good thing, except that I should have been listening to the sermon at chuch instead, lol. Oh well, I think God will forgive me.

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 MarilynKeeper I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

Glad to hear that you are doing well. The hair looks great.

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Hair looks great.....but.....that SMILE looks even better!!!! Thumbsup

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Rhonda10I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Love it......leave your bonnet off. yesss

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Love your hair Lorrie! You look fabulous dahling! batEyes Wink Thanks for keeping us updated....hope you and your mom had a fun weekend! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Love your hair Lorrie! You look fabulous dahling! batEyes Wink Thanks for keeping us updated....hope you and your mom had a fun weekend! Thumbsup

Watch out for Fife...

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Great advice, Alex! Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm

I just got back from the Oncologist. My hemoglobin numbers were just slightly below my starting numbers (before chemo). My red and white bloods cells have rebounded nicely to put me in the upper portion of their charts. I knew I had a good immune system.

I knew they were good because I had a really high energy level this weekend. I decorated my mother's house for Christmas (tree and all) on Saturday and I got mine almost finished on Sunday. Getting a jump on the season while the body's feeling good. Besides that it will be a lot less stressful knowing it's now behind me.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:37 pm

GO LORRIE! I've got my pom poms out.....I fell cheering, but if you can get back up so can I. You inspire us all! Cheer

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks for the update Lorrie, I was thinking of you! Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted, Lorrie! I'm very glad to hear that your numbers were good. And how cool that you got so much Christmas decorating done! I haven't started on that yet - but I'm going to start my annual Christmas movie marathon soon. I need your prayers....  - Page 2 702150

{{{Lorrie}}} Praying for you!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:27 am

Go on, Lorrie! I didn't forget about you at church yesterday...and I'm glad of reading so GOOD news today. You have an unusual strenght to fight...and your body too! grouphug happydance

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need your prayers....
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next