Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need your prayers....

Go down 
+20
ChristinaAL
Alice
carolineingalls
pat1964
Amy
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lori
Vanesa
JW
alexczarn
LIWnut
pamh36
Rhonda
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
I Love Dean
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Purple2

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:12 am

Had my 3 month followup with my oncologist today. Dr. Davis told me I am officially "In remission". My cell counts and markers all look good and my radiation site is healing real nice. Yesterday I had an appointment with my Plastic surgeon, on November 3rd at 1 p.m. central time I will be undergoing my implant exchange surgery. It's time to take my expanders out and replace them with saline implants. I chose saline over silicone for future peace of mind. Implants only last 10-15 years before they can rupture and I would need costly MRI's to keep a check on silicone implants. Saline implants if ruptured just go flat and the saline is absorbed and removed by the body. It's bad enough I have to worry about my cancer coming back, I don't want the worry of implant leakage on top of that.

It's hard to believe this journey started one year ago (Oct. 26th) and today I am in remission and well on my way to completing my reconstruction. You don't know how much I appreciated you all coming along for the ride.

Oh and yes Alex, I printed off "everybody's posts" word for word and will cherish them for the remainder of my life. loveheart

Love to all,
Lorrie

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 am

I Love Dean wrote:
Had my 3 month followup with my oncologist today. Dr. Davis told me I am officially "In remission". My cell counts and markers all look good and my radiation site is healing real nice. Yesterday I had an appointment with my Plastic surgeon, on November 3rd at 1 p.m. central time I will be undergoing my implant exchange surgery. It's time to take my expanders out and replace them with saline implants. I chose saline over silicone for future peace of mind. Implants only last 10-15 years before they can rupture and I would need costly MRI's to keep a check on silicone implants. Saline implants if ruptured just go flat and the saline is absorbed and removed by the body. It's bad enough I have to worry about my cancer coming back, I don't want the worry of implant leakage on top of that.

It's hard to believe this journey started one year ago (Oct. 26th) and today I am in remission and well on my way to completing my reconstruction. You don't know how much I appreciated you all coming along for the ride.

Oh and yes Alex, I printed off "everybody's posts" word for word and will cherish them for the remainder of my life. loveheart

Love to all,
Lorrie

Great news! And yes, if I were you, I've also choised saline implants, not silicone ones. They could be dangerous...

Yes...almost a whole year has gone since you wrote down here about your health problem...and now you are in REMISSION. I know how imprtant is that for you, but also for your family who loved you deeply and appreciates every moment of your fight. You've fighted it together and you won! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 am

I Love Dean wrote:

Oh and yes Alex, I printed off "everybody's posts" word for word and will cherish them for the remainder of my life.

OhMy I hope I didn't write anything embarrassing. greenS

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 am

This is such great news, Lorrie.

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Wow, one year ago today!! Hard to believe! You've come a long way baby! Thumbsup The words 'in remission' have to be very sweet. Smile Congrats Lorrie! Applause
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I find it fitting to choose Thanksgiving 2011 as my final update in this thread. A year has gone by and I have so much to be thankful for. The lord has blessed me with continued good health and the best group of friends I could ever dream of having. Last year on Thanksgiving I had my head shaved due to my hair falling out from chemo. Reflecting back now those months really have flown by. Whenever I was feeling down, coming here and reading all your kind words of love and support always lifted my spirits.

As of today... I had my implant exchange surgery two weeks ago and yesterday my doctor removed my final drain. My incisions are healing up nicely and even Lola is doing well with all that radiated tissue. My saline implants feel so much better then my expanders. I may have to have a couple of minor procedures yet, removing some loose skin and doing a little bit of fat grafting to fill in the areas around my armpit that the implants don't cover.

It's been a heck of a year and I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you've learned from my experience and get those regular check ups. I was one of the lucky ones... but then how could I not with the divine intervention I have here on this board.

God Bless you all and have the wonderful Thanksgiving holiday you so deserve,

I love you my friends,
Lorrie

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:13 pm

SO HAPPY FOR YOU LORRIE! yesss

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Purple2

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Rhonda10I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 46567 Lor-rie! Lor-rie! Lor-rie! I need your prayers....  - Page 12 39447
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 pm

That is great Lorrie! grinsmiley

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 pm

How wonderful! I need your prayers....  - Page 12 811339

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 am

Hip, hip! Hurray! Hip, hip! Hurray!!!! Cheer Cheer happydance jumphappy jumphappy

Vanesa.

P.S: You'll have the most wonderful Thanksgiving ever! Organ

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Thank you, Lorrie, for your wonderful update! I am so happy for you, and your family. Have a most memorable Thanksgiving!

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

We all love you Lorrie. You are an inspiritation to all of us.
God bless you in the years ahead. Praying that you stay in remission forever.
Happy Thanksgiving.

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 MarilynKeeper I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Lorrie! You are an inspiration to us all.

I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need your prayers....
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12